The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are here now and we absolutely love it!!!! We have always stayed at Disney Resorts (value or moderate) and we have been missing out!!! It's just beautiful!!!!
Do you have an activity calendar or is it online somewhere?

Is there anything special we need to do upon checkout? Since we didn't get the parking pass we don't have a welcome packet. We'll be checking out Saturday and other places we stayed we had to do things like strip the beds, throw all the towels in pile...anything required here upon checkout or do we just go. Thanks

We stayed at WBC for the first time over spring break and I called the front desk to ask about this same question.
They told me:
You have to return the pool towels to the activities desk, even if you never checked them out they were just handed to you.
Bring garbage and recyclables into the hall dumpster.
Put any dirty dishes from the morning in the dishwasher and the cleaning people would run it when they arrived.

My wife and I have a 1 bdr deluxe 5 night stay booked through VS for late Sept. Thanks so much to everyone on here for providing such great information, it helped convince to give WBC a try. At first I just could not believe the rate on such a nice room so close to Disney property! I kept looking for the catch or the hidden fees. Even with free dining there was just no comparison.

The money I am saving will allow me to book some special surprises for our 25th anniversary celebration! As always the DIS RULES!

Can someone confirm that the light switch in the 2nd bedroom actually does something? When I was there in Feb the switch did nothing in our unit and it was very annoying having to go all the way through the room around a pack n play to get to the lamp.

We stayed at WBC for the first time over spring break and I called the front desk to ask about this same question.
They told me:
You have to return the pool towels to the activities desk, even if you never checked them out they were just handed to you.
Bring garbage and recyclables into the hall dumpster.
Put any dirty dishes from the morning in the dishwasher and the cleaning people would run it when they arrived.

FYI: The only thing we did was return the pool towels and we didn't get charged. I wouldn't mind doing those things, but if they want me to do it they need to put it on the frig or tell me when I check in.

I would bet that switch is to a wall outlet most likely if it is not activating a light somewhere. I would have called the front desk just to ask them. The reason is an electrical issue could cause a lot of problems. I would check for you this weekend, but we are only in a 1BR.

Can someone confirm that the light switch in the 2nd bedroom actually does something? When I was there in Feb the switch did nothing in our unit and it was very annoying having to go all the way through the room around a pack n play to get to the lamp.

FYI: The only thing we did was return the pool towels and we didn't get charged. I wouldn't mind doing those things, but if they want me to do it they need to put it on the frig or tell me when I check in.
It goes to the lamp BUT they had the lamp plugged into the wrong outlet. If you switch to the other plug in that same outlet it should work. We did this last time we were there.

I have read a little about the "issues" with the new ressie system and the nightmares people are talking about - no room, etc.

Looking for a little advice....

Should I pay more (about double) with Michael at WinpointVip or go with lesser figure and rent through Lisa Bohm? I have a ressie with Michael and about to pay the 2nd half, but he offered for me to look for a cheaper option if I wanted and he would grant a full refund for the 1st half that I have already paid.

If I have understood the situation...people are saying existing ressies that have been made for a while are good....it is the new ones that are having the troubles. I have had my ressie with Michael for a while (since before the new Voyager system was rolled out), so would be jeopardizing my vacay if I switch? I would be saving $800.

It never crossed my mind to think we would have an issue renting at WBC...have done it several times...some times months and months in advance and last summer 3 weeks in advance.

Staying at WBC is the difference maker between an OK vacay and a great one for my parents!! It is a must to stay here for them!!

Thanks for any advice and help!

If it is inside 60-days, I would not change. If you are more than 60-days out, you should not have an issue. I would price check around to find a better rate. Compare it with VS and others.

After getting more info on TUG, all of the reservation loss issues were with people that scooped up inventory that was not there by mistake with the new system. The one I referenced earlier was a guy that picked up a 3BR unit as an upgrade for 2 days out. When the people got there, the emails for the corrections went out that the reservation was not valid. I am sure the people were extremely mad because they literally wasted a day with no room. In the end, I think WBC, the owner, and the people found an amicable place for them to stay.

If it is inside 60-days, I would not change. If you are more than 60-days out, you should not have an issue. I would price check around to find a better rate. Compare it with VS and others.

After getting more info on TUG, all of the reservation loss issues were with people that scooped up inventory that was not there by mistake with the new system. The one I referenced earlier was a guy that picked up a 3BR unit as an upgrade for 2 days out. When the people got there, the emails for the corrections went out that the reservation was not valid. I am sure the people were extremely mad because they literally wasted a day with no room. In the end, I think WBC, the owner, and the people found an amicable place for them to stay.

It is less than 60 days.....46 days to be exact. That is what I was afraid of. While he did not say...I got the impression from Michael that old ressies (i.e. before the new system changes) are very costly for renters. He even said he has/is losing money on some. I think that is why he made the offer and is willing to do a FULL refund.
BUT, I can't afford to lose our reservation.

It goes to the lamp BUT they had the lamp plugged into the wrong outlet. If you switch to the other plug in that same outlet it should work. We did this last time we were there.

That is what I figured, but I thought that I tried switching the socket and it still didn't work. It didn't seem like any other plug made sense for the lamp in the room. Maybe I never actually tried the other socket.

I have read a little about the "issues" with the new ressie system and the nightmares people are talking about - no room, etc.

Looking for a little advice....

Should I pay more (about double) with Michael at WinpointVip or go with lesser figure and rent through Lisa Bohm? I have a ressie with Michael and about to pay the 2nd half, but he offered for me to look for a cheaper option if I wanted and he would grant a full refund for the 1st half that I have already paid.

If I have understood the situation...people are saying existing ressies that have been made for a while are good....it is the new ones that are having the troubles. I have had my ressie with Michael for a while (since before the new Voyager system was rolled out), so would be jeopardizing my vacay if I switch? I would be saving $800.

It never crossed my mind to think we would have an issue renting at WBC...have done it several times...some times months and months in advance and last summer 3 weeks in advance.

Staying at WBC is the difference maker between an OK vacay and a great one for my parents!! It is a must to stay here for them!!

Thanks for any advice and help!

It was before the change over but my last stay was booked through Lise Bohm. She was great! I would honestly contact her with a candid appraisal of your options and ask her if her reservation was booked prior to the change. You have nothing to lose and if you are kind in your message and mention you've heard praise I'm sure your kindness would be returned. I don't know if I'd be able to stomach the price difference you mentioned but I've also never been homeless in Orlando when I thought I'd have accommodations at WBC, so I'm not sure what I'd do.

It is less than 60 days.....46 days to be exact.
Have you tried searching rental sites (eBay, Redweek, TUG, etc)? I did a quick scan assuming your check-in date is July 29 (06/13 + 46 days). There are a few options at WBC. Looking at the listings, the price is almost the $800 savings you mentioned from WinPointVIP. The problem with WinPointVIP is that they were managing 100Ms of points. They would lockout huge amounts of rooms at the hottest resorts just so people could not get reservations there. This let them rent at premiums. Then, with inventory low or completely gone, they would cancel a 3BR and a 1BR at the same time. Then immediately book the 1BR for 50% of the points and get the free upgrade to the 3BR. Then, rebook the 1BR again to take it out of inventory. Basically, the manipulated Wyndham's system to make a ton of money. This was the reason for the change. And don't be fooled. He is not losing any money on any reservation. Even at $7/1,000 points, he is making money.

1BR DLx: $743 July 29 - Aug 5 (eBay)
3BR Dlx: $1301 July 29 - Aug 5 (eBay)
2BR Dlx: $999 July 29 - Aug 5 (eBay)

2x 2BR Dlx: ~$1240 each July 29 - Aug 5 (Redweek Verified; directly purchasable through Redweek)

And be assured, there are PLENTY of places available near Disney that can be booked same day if the worst happened. I am sure Windsor Hills is available and can be booked. VRBO does not do same day, but WindsorHillsRents may. For those 7-nights, there are over 300 units available at Windsor Hills. Even if booking there directly, it looks to be a great place. As a fall back from WBC, it is still looks great.

Last edited:
Have you tried searching rental sites (eBay, Redweek, TUG, etc)? I did a quick scan assuming your check-in date is July 29 (06/13 + 46 days). There are a few options at WBC. Looking at the listings, the price is almost the $800 savings you mentioned from WinPointVIP. The problem with WinPointVIP is that they were managing 100Ms of points. They would lockout huge amounts of rooms at the hottest resorts just so people could not get reservations there. This let them rent at premiums. Then, with inventory low or completely gone, they would cancel a 3BR and a 1BR at the same time. Then immediately book the 1BR for 50% of the points and get the free upgrade to the 3BR. Then, rebook the 1BR again to take it out of inventory. Basically, the manipulated Wyndham's system to make a ton of money. This was the reason for the change. And don't be fooled. He is not losing any money on any reservation. Even at $7/1,000 points, he is making money.

1BR DLx: $743 July 29 - Aug 5 (eBay)
3BR Dlx: $1301 July 29 - Aug 5 (eBay)
2BR Dlx: $999 July 29 - Aug 5 (eBay)

2x 2BR Dlx: ~$1240 each July 29 - Aug 5 (Redweek Verified; directly purchasable through Redweek)

And be assured, there are PLENTY of places available near Disney that can be booked same day if the worst happened. I am sure Windsor Hills is available and can be booked. VRBO does not do same day, but WindsorHillsRents may. For those 7-nights, there are over 300 units available at Windsor Hills. Even if booking there directly, it looks to be a great place. As a fall back from WBC, it is still looks great.

Those are the ones I found also on eBay after Winpointvip told me he'd give me a full refund.

I've always booked through eBay (or at least started looking on eBay).

You've brought up a great point that I didn't think about...when was "this" unit booked (meaning the ones on eBay).

Thanks for the info... much appreciated!

I would not be concerned with booking from Lise Bohm. Great feedback.

I think the inventory issue was quickly fixed. When people believed they could book the 4BR Pres units like crazy, they should have known better. I think owners created the problem as much as Wyndham did. Does a megarenter truly believe that 20 4BR Pres units really opened up during Peak season over a holiday?

Thank you everyone for the ideas, info and advice.
I didn't ask for the refund.... Michael at WinpointVip offered it for whatever reason only he knows. Not much of me thought he would lose money on any kind of $ on a rental.

Lisa Bohm had the same size unit for significantly less....I didn't save $800 because we went up a size. But, we went up a size and still saved $100s. John is/was very easy to work and accommodating as well.

I give great props to Michael for being a stand up guy and professional when offered a full refund when he didn't have to and he processed the full refund immediately.
I stress that I didn't ask for the refund... I like to be loyal to those providing a service who have treated us well in the past and didn't want to go elsewhere, but I don't mind that I am saving money.

45 days to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter