The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I have heard nothing but great things from Michael Sullivan. He started a great company based on Wyndham's rules. The recent change completely decimates that business model. He will have to see what he can do within the confines of the new system and determine if it is worth trying to continue.

Ok we are roughly 45 days from our trip. I have no idea which buildings are "good". Ideally I would like a quiet room, so I am guessing away from the elevator, also would rather have fireworks view than pool view (I think, although would be interested in opinions here), and would rather be closer to the bigs water slides and the lazy river than say the kiddie splash area or a quiet pool. So what building should I request? I booked a 2BR Deluxe through VS. This will be our first WBC trip so any advice in this regard is appreciated. And yes I know they don't take requests, but I figure I can ask at check-in and see what I can get.

Thanks

Kate

Kate- I would ask for building 5 or 6 based on your requests.5 & 6 both have pools plus the Wyndham hotel pool is on the other side of 6.

Kate I would also try for a water view. They don't really have pool view unless you are on first or second floor. There is a large pond with fountains that would be the view. I find it very peaceful & relaxing. Try for a higher floor so you don't hear the pool noise.

Kate- I would ask for building 5 or 6 based on your requests.5 & 6 both have pools plus the Wyndham hotel pool is on the other side of 6.

Yes, Building 5 or 6 are the BEST in my opinion. I always ask for Lakeview in those buildings and ask to be placed above the 5th floor so I can guarantee there will be no palm trees blocking my view. Building 5 looks out to the lake and has a view of the lazy river pool below....building 6 overlooks the pool that has the pirate ship pool slide. Buildings 5 and 6 are the best in my opinion. If you room # is odd then you are on the pool/lake view. if your room # is even then you overlook the parking lot with a supposedly fireworks view. I think that's the way it goes. Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. I dont want to give bad information. Vacations are too important to risk that. :goodvibes

We arrive tomorrow!!! Excited and unfortunately nervous. We are going to have a great trip. However, I may no longer have a job when we return. We aren't going to let that ruin our trip. We are hoping for a room in Bldg 4 or 5.

Now I have to disasgree with placement in buidling 4 if you have kids. I think building 4 is more geared towards adults traveling without kids. The kids look out of place. Its a plain pool and hot tub. It's almost as if they prefer kids don't come to that side. I prefer 5 or 6 or the main building. Buidling 4 seems to discourage kids. The kids look so out of place trying to have fun compared to kids in pools 5 and 6. Building 4 is the only building that doesn't have an entertaining type pool or playground. I think they want building 4 to be more of a kid-free zone. They really have nothing there that entices the kids to come out and play.

We won't use the Tower 4 pool. I like it because the grills are right there. We have a short walk to the T5 and T6 pool. Also, while I am grilling and need another beer, it is a quick trip up to the room and back.

We won't use the Tower 4 pool. I like it because the grills are right there. We have a short walk to the T5 and T6 pool. Also, while I am grilling and need another beer, it is a quick trip up to the room and back.

Bonnet Creek is one of the best resorts with everything at your fingertips.....even a quick cold beer can be found in one's refrigerator inside building 4 !!! :rolleyes1
You leave for your vacation tomorrow.....Have a WONDERFUL TIME!!! :cool1:

Hi...can someone help me?We are looking to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for October 3-10th. I've contacted Vacation Upgrades and Strategy and both show no availability because of Wyndham's new system. I've never used these companies so I'm a little weary. Is there any other suggestion to get a decent rate for 7 nights? Thanks

Hi...can someone help me?We are looking to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for October 3-10th. I've contacted Vacation Upgrades and Strategy and both show no availability because of Wyndham's new system. I've never used these companies so I'm a little weary. Is there any other suggestion to get a decent rate for 7 nights? Thanks

Try skyauction.com.

Here is a link to their "buy it now" listing for WBC: http://www.skyauction.com/action/offer/2799823
They also have auction listings that are open for 2 or 3 days at a time that start $50 cheaper than the buy it now.

Can Bonnet Creek be rented midweek? Most of the reservation options I'm seeing are for Saturday-Saturday. We are arriving on a Tuesday and staying 8 nights.

Hi Everyone. We will be arriving on a Friday after a cruise - most likely 10 or 11 am. We are renting a presidential unit. Does being in presidential increase the odds of an early check-in? We'd love to check in and then head to the parks rather than have all of our stuff in the car all day.

Now that Wyndham has changed their rules for renters, can we expect to pay higher prices? We always reserve through Vacation Strategy, and their prices have been great so far.

Can Bonnet Creek be rented midweek? Most of the reservation options I'm seeing are for Saturday-Saturday. We are arriving on a Tuesday and staying 8 nights.

It can it just might be a little difficult. I have been working with Trip Bound and I was able to score a thurs -friday with them. I think I had taken a already made reservation but it can happen. I was doing that in the first place before this mess of the new rules. It might be harder now but it can happen.

I've read that under the new Wyndham rules, you can book any span and are no longer limited by certain check-in days.
However, right now the Wyndham reservation system appears to be a mess, so only time will tell on how difficult or easy it will be to get your dates.

Now that Wyndham has changed their rules for renters, can we expect to pay higher prices? We always reserve through Vacation Strategy, and their prices have been great so far.
Currently, the Wyndham reservation system is such a mess it will take time to see how the rental market will shake out. Some are predicting higher prices, especially for booking early. Above all, demand controls the price of rentals at WBC, so prices probably can't go up too much. It's just an uncertain time right now.

We've stayed at WBC twice now, and absolutely loved it. It has the feel of being on Disney property since it is surrounded by Disney. The Lazy River is fun and the landscaping is beautiful. I really like that it is just a hop skip and a jump to all things Disney. Probably best to have your own car transportation though.

I have used Redweek and TUG to get the best deals for Bonnet Creek. Ive heard some people have success with Ebay but I am not comfortable with using Ebay. Someone above posted a link for SkyAuction and they are pretty reputable too. I would use SkyAuction but sometimes there is a surcharge fee on top of the listing price so sometimes it comes out to be more than it would be to rent from a private owner. However, there are times in which there are no surcharges and the price is really good. Just gotta have patience and do your homework. When you find a price you are willing to pay without regret, jump on it and don't look back. Good Luck :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!