The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are looking to go in April (14th) The chart of Vacation Strategies says it's the first week of the value season. I recently got a quote and it was ok but more than the VS chart. Would you wait until the 60 mark? Will the prices get much better then? I'm looking for a 2 bed, standard is fine, 6-7 nights so nothing unusual. But I don't have any flexibility in my dates. I'm happy to wait but I don't want to find there is no availability. Searching now at 90 days, I'm finding reasonable availability.

Can I ask on vacation strategy where you see the chart for value season? Thanks

Are the pools here as great as they look in the pics?

The location looks REALLY good!
As someone who visited for the first time last year... yes, they are :) The pools in front of Tower 6 and the hotel were beautiful. The lazy river in front of 5 too. The rest of the pools/rivers are somewhat generic, but still nice. We were blown away by the beauty of the whole place- even our parking lot view was pretty. We will not be going back to Disney resorts after staying at Bonnet Creek. Can’t wait until our upcoming April trip!

We are looking to go in April (14th) The chart of Vacation Strategies says it's the first week of the value season. I recently got a quote and it was ok but more than the VS chart. Would you wait until the 60 mark? Will the prices get much better then? I'm looking for a 2 bed, standard is fine, 6-7 nights so nothing unusual. But I don't have any flexibility in my dates. I'm happy to wait but I don't want to find there is no availability. Searching now at 90 days, I'm finding reasonable availability.
For reference, we are booked 4/14-4/21 in a 2 bedroom booked through Vacation Strategies in June. We are paying $126/night total including taxes etc. Curious what rates you are seeing for that week by waiting.

For reference, we are booked 4/14-4/21 in a 2 bedroom booked through Vacation Strategies in June. We are paying $126/night total including taxes etc. Curious what rates you are seeing for that week by waiting.

What you're paying is in the range of what I would be happy with, but immediately after the Wyndham changeover that kind of rate was not available well in advance. I haven't checked prices more than 60 days out in quite a few months, but I think the market is continuing to evolve.

What you're paying is in the range of what I would be happy with, but immediately after the Wyndham changeover that kind of rate was not available well in advance. I haven't checked prices more than 60 days out in quite a few months, but I think the market is continuing to evolve.

Red week doesn't show any specific availability for April yet. It looks like it's all places that are 60 days out.

We booked a few weeks after the changeover, but I think companies were still trying to figure it all out. I also got a quote from Farrell's at that time and the price was a little more than $150/night. We have had good service with Farrell's but their price was more than I wanted to pay.

I never find a lower price with vacation strategy inside the 60 day period (sometimes it's actually more). I did use a mega renter this time inside the 60 day for Feb, he had a ton of dates to choose from in Jan/Feb and we were flexible (don't know what April will be like with Easter Early). I got a 2bd deluxe for 6 nights for $799 and through vacation strategy 5-7 nights ranged $1100-$1600

Last edited:

I have never been quoted prices that low through Vacation Strategy even before the Change to the system (even in Value season, I always felt like i was missing something, we used them a few times in 2017). I used VS for their cancel policy (which I never needed to use, but it gave me peace of mind) now that is has changed to 60 days with more restrictions, I no longer see much value in booking through them.

I was able to book a six night stay in April with VS for $124 nightly. I called and got better dates and pricing.

We are staying in June for 8 days and 7 nights. If we need extra towels, is there a charge for that since we do not have housekeeping?
I understand there are pool towels at the pool.
What are the closest food stores, like Publix or Walmart?

Is there anything else that was not in the room that would have bought or packed?

We have stayed at SVV in the past and always need to buy more paper towels for example.

Thanks
As for towels, call housekeeping during reasonable hours and they’ll bring them right up. You can place dirty towels in a garbage bag and they’ll take them from you. I agree with the others, they do give you a crap-ton of towels! LOL
If you need more dishwasher detergent, dish soap, paper towels, etc. they’ll bring that up as well. Some people just have a personal brand preference so they bring their own anyway. There’s usually extra garbage bags in every trash can and also in the big closet so remember to check there, too.
As for pool towels, we exchange them every day on our way back up to the room so we have fresh for the next day. You can check out as many as you like.

For all of you who are experienced driving from WBC to Magic Kingdom, how far in advance of the time we want to be there should we leave the hotel? We have 8:00 am reservations at BOG and I'm wondering what time we should leave. Also, more generally, if we have to head there during rush hour, how long does the drive take?

For all of you who are experienced driving from WBC to Magic Kingdom, how far in advance of the time we want to be there should we leave the hotel? We have 8:00 am reservations at BOG and I'm wondering what time we should leave. Also, more generally, if we have to head there during rush hour, how long does the drive take?
The drive itself is super quick, 10 minutes maybe? But you do have to park at the TTC and ride the monorail or the ferry (Which shouldnt have a wait that early!)
We went on a day the park opened at 8 (extended hours not EMH) and left WBC at 7 to make rope drop. We got into the gates about 7:45 and had a few minutes to hang around before watching the open show.

Yeah, we would leave at 7:00 if we had an 8:00 ADR, maybe slightly earlier just in case. I'd rather have more time to lollygag than be in a pinch.

A follow up on this question- if you have an ADR at Chef Mickey’s, can you still use the valet parking at the Contemporary and keep your car there for the day or no?

A follow up on this question- if you have an ADR at Chef Mickey’s, can you still use the valet parking at the Contemporary and keep your car there for the day or no?
Yes- as long as there is room in the valet lot, which is almost always the case. Weeks such as Christmas, Easter, July 4th, etc could be trouble.

I never find a lower price with vacation strategy inside the 60 day period (sometimes it's actually more). I did use a mega renter this time inside the 60 day for Feb, he had a ton of dates to choose from in Jan/Feb and we were flexible (don't know what April will be like with Easter Early). I got a 2bd deluxe for 6 nights for $799 and through vacation strategy 5-7 nights ranged $1100-$1600

Where did you find the megarenter? I'm looking to book for my SIL; they have DVC but the rates for easter per point is crazy, so they want to stay off site if the price is right....

Does anyone know what the shuttle schedule generally looks like for Easter week going to Universal and back. Also what the cost is? We are a family with teens and a young adult so they may want to stay longer than my dh and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter