The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

DH, DS and I will be staying in a one bedroom deluxe in April. I realize the sofa is a pull out bed but our son will sleep better if he’s in a room where he can easily see us and I’ll sleep better if I know he’s not alone out in the living room. We have an extra high twin inflatable mattress. Any guesses if that will fit anywhere in the master bedroom or maybe even next to the garden tub (which we won’t use at all) on the tile?

There really isn't room in the master for an inflatable mattress, unless you put it next to the jacuzzi tub on the tile, which is next to the bed in the master. However, that blocks your entire path to the toilet.

There really isn't room in the master for an inflatable mattress, unless you put it next to the jacuzzi tub on the tile, which is next to the bed in the master. However, that blocks your entire path to the toilet.

The pull out couch is in a direct line of sight from the bed in the 1BR deluxe if that helps. You could also not open the couch and put the air mattress at the open door of the bedroom.

FP_BCR_1B-Deluxe.gif

That layout looks bigger than I expected! How many people can do you think you can fit comfortably in there for socializing?
What's the policy on guests who aren't spending the night?
I'm the only one staying there, but I'm travelling with a group of 6 others, and on top of that, 3 family in the area might visit. We've all been assuming there's not a great place for us to catch up, outside of like a large meal reservation, and roaming the parks as a group or something but this looks like it might work actually have enough seating and space!

That layout looks bigger than I expected! How many people can do you think you can fit comfortably in there for socializing?
I'm the only one staying there, but I'm travelling with a group of 6 others, and on top of that, 3 family in the area might visit. We've all been assuming there's not a great place for us to catch up, outside of like a large meal reservation, and roaming the parks as a group or something but this looks like it might work actually have enough seating and space!

A 1BR has about 900 square feet, and it feels bigger because unlike an apartment, there is less storage space. There is plenty of room for visitors.

A 1BR has about 900 square feet, and it feels bigger because unlike an apartment, there is less storage space. There is plenty of room for visitors.
It is honestly larger than my Chinese apartment, but I could pay my rent for year on what I'll pay for my 10 day stay, but still. I'm soooo looking forward to this.

We were not thinking about another trip to Disney World, but finances have limited our Summer vacation. We are looking at staying at WBC again. I am in a battle whether to take a deal I have for a 1BR now or wait to see if there is a better deal at the 60-day mark. I am also looking at other resorts. We did stay at both WBC and Orange Lake this past Summer. Both were great for their own reasons. The only way we would go to OLR again would be simply stay as a non-park trip. There was just so much to do there and it was a bit farther out than I preferred.

As for the above on a 1BR unit, they are quite large. Yes, they only accommodate 4 people, but there is a ton of room.

Here's a new question (I think):
We were hoping for a 3 bedroom, but none were available. If WBC got some last minute cancellations, can we even ask to be upgraded? I'm thinking "no" due to the way timeshares work. But, is it worth even asking?

We have had family visit us for dinner while staying at WBC a couple of different times. They just stop at the gate house and tell them who they are visiting. There is plenty of room in the condo to have visitors. I think the dining tables seat 6 and there are also 2 or 3 stools at the kitchen counter that someone could sit at. There are also a ton of tables at the different pool areas around the resort where you could bring food/drinks and entertain. Incidentally, both of our visitors were staying on Disney property and were very impressed with the resort and how much space we had and the price we paid!!

We were hoping for a 3 bedroom, but none were available. If WBC got some last minute cancellations, can we even ask to be upgraded? I'm thinking "no" due to the way timeshares work. But, is it worth even asking?
We have stayed there probably 4 or 5 times a year over the past few years and have never gotten an upgrade! We even stayed during the last hurricane with kind of a larger group than was really comfortable in a 2 bedroom and still were given exactly what we booked!

I highly doubt there is any chance for an upgrade. The reason is the owners can nab those 3BR units as a free upgrade when they book a 1BR then turn around and rent the 3BR for $1,200 or more for a week.

Just curious, does anyone use hotels.com to book WBC? I've only read back a few pages so maybe it's been discussed. I love using hotels.com since you get a free night after 10 nights booked and they have a price guarantee. I used them to book WBC for our trip in May, used Ebates, Raise gift cards and a coupon code and got an extra $90 off. The hotels.com price was also slightly cheaper than what vacation strategy quoted.

Just curious, does anyone use hotels.com to book WBC? I've only read back a few pages so maybe it's been discussed. I love using hotels.com since you get a free night after 10 nights booked and they have a price guarantee. I used them to book WBC for our trip in May, used Ebates, Raise gift cards and a coupon code and got an extra $90 off. The hotels.com price was also slightly cheaper than what vacation strategy quoted.
Four us, the 2BR non-refundable for our next trip was higher than VS and the refundable significantly higher. Even with the rebate from Swagbucks which was the highest I could get, I'm still $385 more through them.

We have gotten a free upgrade from a 2 bedroom to a 3 last year in April. But, we booked through Farrell's and we knew well in advance, so I think it was Farrell's that made the magic. My understanding is the type of unit it allotted in advance and owner's can get upgrades in advance. Because of this one at check in is unlikely. In fact we check in Saturday and my sister booked a 3 bedroom through Vacation Strategy and in the end they could only get her a 2 bedroom. Good thing there are only 4 staying in the unit so they can make the two bedroom work.

For those who might want to know, I now have my total from Escudos (the poolside bar and restaurant near Towers 4 & 5) and the pictures. It was $113.58 including 20% tip for lunch for 5 adults, including 2 burgers, a chicken tenders meal, a cuban sandwich, a chicken quesadilla, and the "pick two dips with chips" appetizer, as well as two cocktails and a soda. I consider that to be extremely reasonable. My photos are not the best but here are a few:

There are multiple layers of quesadilla under the top layer - the chips and big (mostly eaten) cups of guac and salsa were from the appetizer I mentioned above, not included with the quesadilla. It came with sour cream and a small cup of guac, rice, and beans.

sVn6aQOl.png

rum runner

I also mentioned that we ordered delivery from Flipper's - I did not put this on my card so I am not sure of the total but I believe it was around $50.

Mediterranean salad, no ham $8.99

Two topping large pizza with olives and pepperoni, there was a web promo for a two topping and I am not sure of the price. Around $12.99

Large california classic pizza - Basil Pesto sauce, roasted artichoke hearts, roasted grape tomatoes, red onions, fresh spinach & roasted red peppers, $19.39

6 fresh cut breadsticks, covered in melted garlic butter & Romano cheese. Served with pizza sauce $5.99

The pizza, salad, and breadsticks were all excellent. This was plenty to feed 5 adults lunch plus some leftover pizza for the refrigerator for snacks.

Both options - Escudos and Flipper's - were very good. My mom and sister also had the Escudos nachos when I was not there with them and they said they were pretty good but they did not want them again when we all ate at Escudos again later in the trip.

Our view from Tower 4, second floor:
G3fsJEEl.png
Awesome info!
That pizza looks delish!!

I know this has been addressed before, but I haven’t seen it specifically asked...
Is it reasonable to use Uber or Lyft from Bonnett Creek to the parks for a group of 4-6?

I know this has been addressed before, but I haven’t seen it specifically asked...
Is it reasonable to use Uber or Lyft from Bonnett Creek to the parks for a group of 4-6?
Part of our party used Uber from the parks back to Bonnet Creek with no problem a few times so I can't imagine it would be difficult in reverse.

They were a group of 3, though.

4 isn't a problem in the standard size, you can use UberX or Lyft just plain Lyft base service. With 6 you'd need to step up to the next size, which we've never done, but playing with the Lyft app right now at home in central CT, I see that a "Plus" Lyft for 6 seats is about 7 minutes longer wait, no biggie and I'd assume in Orlando the larger ones are floating around a lot more than here at home.

We have stayed in a 2 bedroom twice and are planning a trip Sept 2019. We book thru RCI and currently have a 3 bedroom booked with Orange Lake. We would love to get WBC instead but booked orange lake because it was available and wanted to be sure we had a 3 bedroom for our group of 2 families. When do you think time will be deposited into RCI for Sept 2019???

I have a question about WBC. If you book through Vacation Strategy, does anyone know if you pay a resort fee or a parking fee? Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter