The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I read somewhere on here about owners getting upgrades, so I wonder if the WBC owner just happened to have the upgrade. .
I am more familiar with DVC than WBC, though.

Certain Wyndham timeshare owners can indeed get upgrades. This used to be something owners could manipulate but now it is more random. This is one of the reasons why WBC prices have increased.

Certain Wyndham timeshare owners can indeed get upgrades. This used to be something owners could manipulate but now it is more random. This is one of the reasons why WBC prices have increased.

Thanks Magical2017 and Upatnoon, that makes sense.

How did they manipulate to get upgrades? And them doing so made the prices of WBC increase?

So bear with me, this is completely a new thing for me- think we are going to try WBC for our Dec 12-17 trip. I just got quotes from Vacation Strategies- should I go ahead and roll with those, or am I reading on this thread that I should wait until CLOSER to the trip to find better deals?? TIA!

How did they manipulate to get upgrades? And them doing so made the prices of WBC increase?

Here's an example: They would book a 1BR and a 2BR far out using their timeshare points. As you get closer to the travel date, WBC cuts the number of points needed to rent. The owner would then cancel the 2BR and then get a free upgrade of their 1BR to the 2BR they just canceled. This "cancel and rebook" technique has largely been eliminated.

Because of that, its more expensive for renters to acquire units, so they want to pass on the cost to the people renting.

So bear with me, this is completely a new thing for me- think we are going to try WBC for our Dec 12-17 trip. I just got quotes from Vacation Strategies- should I go ahead and roll with those, or am I reading on this thread that I should wait until CLOSER to the trip to find better deals?? TIA!

Yes, the general rule is you will pay a premium for booking early.

You didn't say how much your VS quote was, or if you shopped around. WBC prices are all over the place.

I called Tripbound again this morning to inquire about a reservation in January of '19. We already have a 3 bedroom booked through VS but I wanted to see if TB was competitive. The TB quote came in slightly higher than the VS quote did. I told TB that I already had the VS reservation booked and it was lower. The young lady asked me what I paid and TB was able to beat the VS price by about $40 after I was put on a quick hold.

I declined making the change since it wasn't enough incentive to mess around with canceling with VS. Had it been a $100+ difference I probably would have changed it. At any rate, it does sound like TB is willing to "wheel and deal" a bit. They also run specials from time to time like they are running this month. That coupled with their 31+ days out full refund policy will make them my 1st phone call when getting price quotes.

Is there any wheelchair rental company that bonnet creek likes on their property? We will need to rent one and the cost is better to have one vs renting at the park each day.

We rented an ECV once when my mom was recovering from a broken foot. You can use any of the local wheelchair/ecv rental companies and they will drop off at bell services. If you are considering an ecv rental I would look into the different models available from each company. The model my mom rented was advertised as easy to disassemble and reassemble (we put it in the trunk of her car to go to the parks) but it turned out to be very heavy and cumbersome. We would have been up a creek without my husband there to lift the heavy parts. We saw other models in the parks that looked lighter and smaller and wished we had one of those instead.

We also rented an ECV once for my mom and it was such and agree that is was so heavy and cumbersome to disassemble. DH is a strong guy, too. If we had to do it again, I would rent it daily from Disney no matter how much we would have saved.

We're considering an off-site stay in July 2019. WBC looks beautiful & the price can't be beat. Do all rooms here have balconies, or just the presidential? We're hoping for a 3 bedroom, but will make a 2 bedroom work if that's all we can get.
Thanks all!

We're considering an off-site stay in July 2019. WBC looks beautiful & the price can't be beat. Do all rooms here have balconies, or just the presidential? We're hoping for a 3 bedroom, but will make a 2 bedroom work if that's all we can get.
Thanks all!

Yup, even the deluxe units have balconies (though the first floor units probably technically have "patios"). I hope your plans work out, there are so many of us who love this resort and would be glad to welcome you to the club :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Is this resort quite possibly the most popular one for "off-site" stays with die-hard Disney people? I don't plan on doing the parks and such with a stay here, just using the resort's pools and play areas for a couple of nights, then a four night stay at Disney with my DVC. Just dipping my toe in the off-site waters to test it out a bit.

Is this resort quite possibly the most popular one for "off-site" stays with die-hard Disney people? I don't plan on doing the parks and such with a stay here, just using the resort's pools and play areas for a couple of nights, then a four night stay at Disney with my DVC. Just dipping my toe in the off-site waters to test it out a bit.

There are many great offsite resorts. What makes WBC unique its location -- right in the middle of Disney World. On top of that is the space for what you pay, especially considering what you pay for Disney reports.

There are other hotels that have been built closer to Disney Springs recently. I think there are about half a dozen over there. The problem is, you don’t get as much for your money in those. You will pay as much for a one bedroom hotel than you will for a 2 or 3 bedroom condo and the hotels charge you a daily parking fee which WBC does not.

There is lots to do at WBC. It’s a beautiful property right smack dab in Disney World. It’s a 5 minute drive to Disney Springs. The only other property I’d consider staying offsite would be Windsor Hills especially if I was traveling with a very large group that needed the space of a house instead of a condo.

Its been years since we have stayed off property i mean years. So I got used to the bus system dropping me off basically at the front gate for the past few years. If I wanted to be at MK rope drop or at least on that side of the lake around that time how much time should I leave myself? We will have one handicap car and one non handicap car.

Its been years since we have stayed off property i mean years. So I got used to the bus system dropping me off basically at the front gate for the past few years. If I wanted to be at MK rope drop or at least on that side of the lake around that time how much time should I leave myself? We will have one handicap car and one non handicap car.

MK is the longest because you have to take the Monorail or ferry.

When I stay offsite and go to MK, I always assume an hour from the time I leave my room to the time I am walking down Main Street.

It often doesn't take that long, but if you have to wait for the ferry at TTC, encounter a long line at security, all these things can add up.

MK is the longest because you have to take the Monorail or ferry.

When I stay offsite and go to MK, I always assume an hour from the time I leave my room to the time I am walking down Main Street.

It often doesn't take that long, but if you have to wait for the ferry at TTC, encounter a long line at security, all these things can add up.

With the boat or the monorail is what I am factoring in...I just not sure if the crowds and all is also an issue. Let alone 1 person in our party takes FOREVER to get ready.

For an MK day, valet parking at the CR and walking to MK is worth the splurge, if you can swing it. The walking path has its own security lane, and it was a breeze to get through.

We leave an hour before park opening. Its a 15 minute drive by the time you factor in traffic and getting through the parking fee collection gates. Then another 30 minutes or so of trams/ferries and security.

We have also got into the habit of paying for preferred parking. You get right up to the front so you can avoid the parking lot trams plus your feet will love you at the end of the day when your car is close to the exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter