The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

What is the closest or best grocery store for delivery? And is it true that the store can deliver and BC will hold it for you? tia

Being new to this board I just want to thank everyone for all the great and helpful information. I found WBC on my own and had concerns after reading a few tripadvisor reviews. Since I found this Bonnet Creek thread, I am reassured that I am making the right choice for our Christmas vacation. This is the first time we are coming to Disney for Christmas as well as the first visit with my little grandkids. I have been following the travel from WBC to parks thread but the main problem is getting to MK. I have one day for the rides/attractions that will be early start-no worries, I hope! But on another day, we have a reservation at CRT at 6pm. I wish it was not that day but it was the only time I could get it. I read about valet parking at CR and walking but have 2 concerns. We will need two cars and we have little ones. First, I am afraid we might get hassled at CR gate because we are 2 cars and it is Christmas week. Second, how long is the walk from CR to MK? Does it make sense to park at Epcot and monorail there?
Also, heard that MinnieVan is great but is only from Disney property, that hasn't changed has it?
I have parked at DHS and taken the bus to MK. Since they moved the security to the TTC, I don't think that would be worth it any more.

There is a Walmart Super Center on the corner of Old Lake Wilson and Irlo Bronson Parkway that is close by and does curbside pickup. We use it often and LOVE the convenience!

Does anyone know of a good way to book a single night at WBC? In a 4-bedroom presidential? (Date needed is Oct. 28). I snagged a 3 night reservation in a 4-bedroom presidential for the last 3 nights of our trip ($335 total for three nights seemed like an amazing price to me!). Now I see another 4-bed reservation for the beginning of the trip is available -- but there is that 1-night gap between the reservations. I've already asked the agent about availability and she says there is none, but its possible albeit unlikely something that 1 night could open up 2 weeks out. Thoughts?

Woo Hoo! Got the week of Christmas yesterday!

Third time back in a year. :)

And great news on the Minnie Van service! I know we'll be using it.

Does anyone know of a good way to book a single night at WBC? In a 4-bedroom presidential? (Date needed is Oct. 28). I snagged a 3 night reservation in a 4-bedroom presidential for the last 3 nights of our trip ($335 total for three nights seemed like an amazing price to me!). Now I see another 4-bed reservation for the beginning of the trip is available -- but there is that 1-night gap between the reservations. I've already asked the agent about availability and she says there is none, but its possible albeit unlikely something that 1 night could open up 2 weeks out. Thoughts?
It's one of those annoying things. It is very hard to book single nights. Bonnet Creek is all about the longer stays and even if it is adding a night, that aint easy. We are owners and got a much better price on airfare flying in on Saturday but our 2 week stay starts Sunday. I was told the day was available, but could not be booked as a single night until 2 weeks out..... Now we fly in and stay at a motel by the airport the first night.....

Anybody now what going rate is for cabana? i see posts from 2012 that say $50 but then more recent trip advisors say $300.

Anybody now what going rate is for cabana? i see posts from 2012 that say $50 but then more recent trip advisors say $300.
I just called and they said in December for our dates 22nd through 29th it will be somewhere in the range from $49 to $100. They fluctuate. Call the month of and transfer to the activities desk and they can help you know the exact price.

Thanks...we are going in October so that is a reasonable amount! Hubby has to watch the game on our pool day...figured a Cabana was the best way to go!

Ha. We are going over Columbus weekend and I’d like to watch my dawgs play too! That’s not a bad idea. The bar next to the Cabanas also have several TVs so we should be ok. ;)

Apologies if there's been a recent post on this: DRIVING TIME from WBC to various parks.
We will be there in 19 days! We will RD every park and they all have 9am opening. Two questions:
1)How long does it take to drive to each park in the morning?
2) We are looking to be at the turnstiles 45 minutes before park open each day (we are not messing with FOP RD at AK, and we're not worried about Slinky Dog at HS). Is 45 minutes early enough?

Last edited:
Apologies if there's been a recent post on this: DRIVING TIME from WBC to various parks.
We will be there in 19 days! We will RD every park and they all have 9am opening. Two questions:
1)How long does it take to drive to each resort in the morning?
2) We are looking to be at the turnstiles 45 minutes before park open each day (we are not messing with FOP RD at AK, and we're not worried about Slinky Dog at HS). Is 45 minutes early enough?
I'm guessing you mean how long does it take to drive to each park. WBC is right next to Caribbean Beach Resort so very quick especially to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. You can use Google Maps and plug in the address of WBC and the park you are going to and it will give you the amount of time it takes to get to each one. Nothing should be over 15 minutes.

If you want to be at the turnstiles 45 minutes before opening, I suggest leaving an hour and 15 minutes ahead of time. Maybe more at Magic Kingdom. That gives you 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to park and get the tram to the front of the parks.

We love this place. For years and years everyone dreamed of the day we'd stay at a Disney resort. Now that we are going frequently, everyone wants to stay at WBC or the Universal resorts.

I'm guessing you mean how long does it take to drive to each park. WBC is right next to Caribbean Beach Resort so very quick especially to Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. You can use Google Maps and plug in the address of WBC and the park you are going to and it will give you the amount of time it takes to get to each one. Nothing should be over 15 minutes.

If you want to be at the turnstiles 45 minutes before opening, I suggest leaving an hour and 15 minutes ahead of time. Maybe more at Magic Kingdom. That gives you 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to park and get the tram to the front of the parks.

We love this place. For years and years everyone dreamed of the day we'd stay at a Disney resort. Now that we are going frequently, everyone wants to stay at WBC or the Universal resorts.
Thank you! yes, I meant "how long to drive to each park." Thanks for catching that.

We finally have our airfare booked and our dates confirmed for our March 2019 trip, so I’m working on getting our rooms squared away. Pretty sure we’re going to do WBC for our whole stay but trying to nail down a few details.

First, the best price I’ve found so far for our dates is on VRBO (I know better rates may be available later, but we’re going over spring break so I’m not sure I want to chance that). From the reviews it appears to be a specific unit rather than a room to be assigned later. It has excellent reviews, but is there anything I should be aware of renting this way instead of the standard timeshare rental?

Second, I’ve looked at google maps for approximate drive times, but is there anything I should be aware of heading from WBC to the Orlando convention Center or to Universal? We’ll be doing most of our first week at Disney but then my husband will be heading to a conference (probably Uber-ing there every day) and the rest of us will be doing universal, beaches, and other attractions for the second week.

Excited that plans are finally coming together! And very excited about being able to afford a place with three bedrooms so we don’t head home exhausted after vacation. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!