The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We have done it many times. There are activities at the resort plus we love Disney Springs. It's very relaxing!

-----------------------
We are booked in a 2 bedroom deluxe. I'm guessing from what I have read, they are scattered throughout the property. If we were going to make a request, what would you suggest? Is any particular towers better than others? Adults only and will be spending most of our time at Disney or universal so we don't particularly need to be close to pools or other activities.

It really depends on what you like. As far as towers, 1, 2 and 3 IMO are quieter. 4,5,6 are busier with pools plus they are much larger.

As far as views, we have enjoyed lake or conservation views (usually see the fireworks). I've heard there are some views that look over a roof or bellman area but we have never had those.

Okay I've spent a lot of time on these threads but I'm confused. I've done Disney the last 5 years but always onsite. Trying to go cheap this year or need to take a year off...
I looked up several of the booking sites mentioned.. and Vacation Strategy shows the cheapest rate (I think). $659/week for a 1 bedroom (it's one of the cheapest weeks of the year, we always book based on price/crowd calendar and will pull our children from school). So can I book it for $659 today for this September? Or I'm putting my name on a list? This thread talks about prices dropping and avail opening up, but $659/week seems like a steal. What am I not understanding?

Also, we never get a car anymore in the Disney bubble. We use Disney transport but always have used Uber around 20 times since it's faster and it's always been less than $13. Would it be okay to think we can go the entire week on Uber/Lyft? What's their latest on car seats (Booster)?

UPDATE: I tried the "get quote" from Vacation Strategy and they got back to me with a price of $759, with availability open (I think there was fine print of a $99 fee). Am I understanding everything? I admit, it seems scam-ish.
I don't remember VS charging any fees. They charge a deposit and a final payment. I personally think their quotes are a little confusing in that I always think the final payment amount is the total until I look at it closer. The $99 fee is probably the name change fee, in that IF you change the name on the reservation there will be a $99 fee (this is a Wyndham Fee), and only the ONE person on the reservation can check in.

Check with Wholesale Holiday Rentals and SkyAuction.com too. I don't think you'll see a discount on a 1-Bed, unless someone just really needs to dump their points. There are some upgrade games the big renters can do, that can allow them to book a 2-Bed then upgrade to a 3 within so many days for free. That is how people get good deals on bigger rooms last minute (from my understanding).

ETA: I've also been told that the booking window is 11 months out, so within that window you can book immediately outside that window they'll just take your information and book it when they can. All the point renters can come off scamish (as in, not professionally created communications), IMHO, VS is the most professional one. That is I try to stick to companies I've seen recommended here and that I've used before.

Last edited:
To add on to this (because this is what I did to get the $ amounts as I mentioned above, and what I do as part of my normal trip planning for any vacation) WBC to most parks in the cheapest Uber option for the time I was checking (mid-day) was $8-$13 with near immediate availability (could get you picked up and to any of the parks within 25 minutes). Modifying the search time, number of people, etc. would change this (sometimes substantially), as well as how things are going by chance when you actually need the ride. This is per trip (not round trip) so consider both directions as well as park hopping or mid-day breaks.
Do you know if the parks typically surge after fireworks? I always mean to look, and always forget.

For those with experience... how does having a car compare to using Uber at WBC? It looks like price might be similar ($200 for rental plus $25 a day parking at a park on average or $30-$40 in Uber charges daily). Does that seem right? My husband likes Disney transport because he views it as efficient, which is a reason he's pushing for an onsite stay (we have 5 times before), where WBC looks cheaper and a better in-room experience (and personally I don't think Disney transport is thaaat great).

Even with the cost of rental+plus park parking, or Uber, you should still be saving a ton of money over on-site, which much better accommodations, and more control over your travel times.

Without scrolling all the way through the thread...

We are booked in a 2 bedroom deluxe. I'm guessing from what I have read, they are scattered throughout the property. If we were going to make a request, what would you suggest? Is any particular towers better than others? Adults only and will be spending most of our time at Disney or universal so we don't particularly need to be close to pools or other activities.

Adults only and not caring about the pool, I'd ask for the Lobby building first (my favorite), then Tower 3 or 2. I've heard the parking is better there and I think they have better views. They also at least used to do firework viewing in one of the top floor suites in Tower 3 IIRC.

Thanks for the responses to my previous question. Here's my next one...

I got a copy of the reservation today from the person we are buying points from. I had read that housekeeping is generally not included but can be requested for an additional fee. The reservation confirmation shows an itemization for "housekeeping credits used". Does this mean the points owner is paying for housekeeping on our behalf or is this just a standard itemization for end of stay cleaning?

I was anticipating not having housekeeping so that's fine but it would be a nice bonus if it was included!

All the time. We do “Disney” trips and we do “Bonnet Creek” trips. Completely different styles and goals. Like @Upatnoon we still eat at Disney resorts, enjoy Disney entertainment, watch the fireworks, ride the Skyliner, take monorail and boat rides, shop, etc but usually in the evening and after WBC entertainment that we want to see. WBC is our our priority on those trips as they’re meant for relaxation. Disney is the extra time filler, if we’re looking for something to do.
Thank you so much! I love the ideas you both suggested to still get a little "taste" of Disney, but focus on relaxing!

Thanks for the responses to my previous question. Here's my next one...

I got a copy of the reservation today from the person we are buying points from. I had read that housekeeping is generally not included but can be requested for an additional fee. The reservation confirmation shows an itemization for "housekeeping credits used". Does this mean the points owner is paying for housekeeping on our behalf or is this just a standard itemization for end of stay cleaning?

I was anticipating not having housekeeping so that's fine but it would be a nice bonus if it was included!
Every reservation has housekeeping credits that are used to clean the space for the next guest. The owner pays for that but sadly no daily housekeeping. You can call for more towels, laundry soap etc. for no charge though.

We are looking forward to our first bonnet Creek stay in March. We will be there for two weeks. Is it possible to pay for a cleaning mid-stay? Thanks!

We are looking forward to our first bonnet Creek stay in March. We will be there for two weeks. Is it possible to pay for a cleaning mid-stay? Thanks!
I’m an owner and never have done it personally but whomever you bought from should be able to tell you for sure. I don’t like people coming in my room so I put the DND sign up even in hotel rooms. I’ve sold my points to friends/family when I don’t plan to use all my points in a particular year and now that I think about it, I really don’t remember seeing that option anywhere.

Yes, it is. We always stay for at least eight or nine nights and the system flags them to ask you if you want a cleaning after seven nights which we usually turn down because we’re leaving after the next day or so. Just tell them when you want it. I can’t remember the price but it isn’t terrible.

Without scrolling all the way through the thread...

You already got some fantastic responses but adding my two cents... I would make a lake view my one and only request. If you don't care about proximity to a certain pool, it's sure nice to head out on the balcony with coffee or wine and have something pretty to look at.

Every reservation has housekeeping credits that are used to clean the space for the next guest. The owner pays for that but sadly no daily housekeeping. You can call for more towels, laundry soap etc. for no charge though.

That's ok. I wasn't expecting housekeeping so I don't feel like I have lost anything! Maybe though I will see how much a mid stay visit would be

Thanks!

You already got some fantastic responses but adding my two cents... I would make a lake view my one and only request. If you don't care about proximity to a certain pool, it's sure nice to head out on the balcony with coffee or wine and have something pretty to look at.
That's what I'm thinking at this point. A fireworks view might be nice but we will be in the parks most evenings anyway. Good parking is probably my second biggest wish

Do you know if the parks typically surge after fireworks? I always mean to look, and always forget.
I don't know exactly, as with a 8yo and 3yo we don't usually make it that late. Last year on a parents only trip we stayed until end of Halloween Party and walked to Contemporary and I remember it being an average wait/price pick-up. I think the drivers have pretty much saturated the market so I doubt it surges as easily at is does in other places.

I don't remember VS charging any fees. They charge a deposit and a final payment. I personally think their quotes are a little confusing in that I always think the final payment amount is the total until I look at it closer. The $99 fee is probably the name change fee, in that IF you change the name on the reservation there will be a $99 fee (this is a Wyndham Fee), and only the ONE person on the reservation can check in.

Check with Wholesale Holiday Rentals and SkyAuction.com too. I don't think you'll see a discount on a 1-Bed, unless someone just really needs to dump their points. There are some upgrade games the big renters can do, that can allow them to book a 2-Bed then upgrade to a 3 within so many days for free. That is how people get good deals on bigger rooms last minute (from my understanding).

ETA: I've also been told that the booking window is 11 months out, so within that window you can book immediately outside that window they'll just take your information and book it when they can. All the point renters can come off scamish (as in, not professionally created communications), IMHO, VS is the most professional one. That is I try to stick to companies I've seen recommended here and that I've used before.
Yes, a $99 fee is added on top of their listed prices. You can see below (I copy/pasted from their website) a week for the time I requested is $659, but there is a note at the bottom of the page for $99 guest confirmation fee. Via email the quote I received was $759 with fees included, so they combined the two. Still better than most places nickel-and-diming.

Strategy Tips
The best deal for your money is Value Season. In addition, Sunday through Thursdays is significantly less expensive than Friday & Saturday at most Wyndham Resorts. Seasons & Pricing are provided below for each villa size available at this resort. In some cases your travel dates may overlap seasons so the pricing may vary slightly from our pricing shown below. Also, holidays may be higher than the rates shown. We will always verify the price with you before your booking is final. *Prices do not include a mandatory $99 guest confirmation fee.
09/04/20-10/01/20$71$153$659

Yes, a $99 fee is added on top of their listed prices. You can see below (I copy/pasted from their website) a week for the time I requested is $659, but there is a note at the bottom of the page for $99 guest confirmation fee. Via email the quote I received was $759 with fees included, so they combined the two. Still better than most places nickel-and-diming.

Strategy Tips
The best deal for your money is Value Season. In addition, Sunday through Thursdays is significantly less expensive than Friday & Saturday at most Wyndham Resorts. Seasons & Pricing are provided below for each villa size available at this resort. In some cases your travel dates may overlap seasons so the pricing may vary slightly from our pricing shown below. Also, holidays may be higher than the rates shown. We will always verify the price with you before your booking is final. *Prices do not include a mandatory $99 guest confirmation fee.
09/04/20-10/01/20$71$153$659
That is interesting. I always just do the request quote and never look at their listed prices. I just looked at an e-mail I got from them 12/17 and the confirmation fee isn't listed. The only fee in it is the name change fee. My only guess is that if you are looking at dates listed on their website, they may have already booked it and the "guest confirmation fee" is actually the name change fee. I know some of the renting companies will pre-reserve certain dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!