The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Looking at staying at WBC rather than a Art of Animation Suite when we come for the Star Wars marathon weekend in April (we're just running the 10k portion of it). Can't decide which would be better. It seems AoA is more expensive, but having the bus, and not worrying about driving or ubering is nice, especially right after a run.
If your only concern is public transportation then book AoA. If on the other hand you like multi bedroom condos, full kitchens, cheaper pricing, wonderful pools and lazy rivers than book WBC.

Trust me. Once you stay at WBC you probably won’t stay on property again.

If your only concern is public transportation then book AoA. If on the other hand you like multi bedroom condos, full kitchens, cheaper pricing, wonderful pools and lazy rivers than book WBC.

Trust me. Once you stay at WBC you probably won’t stay on property again.

I've never stayed on a disney property either (closest has been Hilton and Wyndham at Disney Springs), so have nothing to compare to lol.

I've never stayed on a disney property either (closest has been Hilton and Wyndham at Disney Springs), so have nothing to compare to lol.
If the bus transportation system is a big concern after a marathon for you then on property may be best. Only you can decide that.

Driving and ubering around Disney is a breeze. But maybe not after a marathon I’d imagine just because your body is wrecked by then.

Is there a sweet spot for booking at WBC through third parties like Vacation Strategy? We're looking at a mid-February stay and I'd like to pull the trigger sometime between now and December. Obviously, I'd like to get the best rate possible but not at the risk of availability for our dates. We stayed at Bonnet Creek once before in April 2017 but that was a truly last minute trip and Vacation Strategy was able to piece together a 6 night stay for us at less than 30 days out. TIA.

It depends. Definitely the closer you get the cheaper it can be. It also depends on who you are booking through and how flexible you are. We are flexible travelers and find last minute deals all the time! Recently booked a 2 Brm Delux for 4 nights for $319 TOTAL :) Scooped it up on Ebay @ 23 days out. Back in august I booked a 3 BRM Presidential Reserve for 4 night for $425 TOTAL. That one was booked just over 1 month out. Thing is in both cases I didn't have specific dates just a time period I would like to go.

What is the best grocery delivery for Bonnet Creek? I have used garden grocer in the past, but was wondering if there was something less expensive.

What is the best grocery delivery for Bonnet Creek? I have used garden grocer in the past, but was wondering if there was something less expensive.
We used instacart through Publix in Feb and will be using it again on Friday. It worked out really well. The driver lets you know when he is on his way. He arrived a bit before us and was already giving the groceries to Bell services when we arrived.

Looking at staying at WBC rather than a Art of Animation Suite when we come for the Star Wars marathon weekend in April (we're just running the 10k portion of it). Can't decide which would be better. It seems AoA is more expensive, but having the bus, and not worrying about driving or ubering is nice, especially right after a run.

I ran in the Princess Marathon years ago, so things may have changed for sure. But, we had to make our way to Wide World of Sports where the 3 day expo was held for packet pickup. So, might need to consider transport there & to the actual race. We stayed on site, but I don't want transport fear to push you on site, that would be Disney's hope. We actually walked to CR from MK & took the race bus to the expo from there. If you can coordinate with an on site resort for your stay.

My concern would be getting to the race, not back after the run. We were up at 4am & on a bus not much later. You will have to specifically work out your own drop off or investigate driving self with rental car.

I ran in the Princess Marathon years ago, so things may have changed for sure. But, we had to make our way to Wide World of Sports where the 3 day expo was held for packet pickup. So, might need to consider transport there & to the actual race. We stayed on site, but I don't want transport fear to push you on site, that would be Disney's hope. We actually walked to CR from MK & took the race bus to the expo from there. If you can coordinate with an on site resort for your stay.

My concern would be getting to the race, not back after the run. We were up at 4am & on a bus not much later. You will have to specifically work out your own drop off or investigate driving self with rental car.

I live locally (and the friends that are coming down live only 6 hrs away, so they're driving as well), so if I have to drive on property, that's not a problem. I just wasn't sure how big of a pain it is to have to drive around during these run events (this is my first run event as well)

I live locally (and the friends that are coming down live only 6 hrs away, so they're driving as well), so if I have to drive on property, that's not a problem. I just wasn't sure how big of a pain it is to have to drive around during these run events (this is my first run event as well)

I would recommend you to the runDisney threads you'll find on the Just For Fun section if the Dis, scroll all the way down on the home page.

I know for our races they shut down certain streets/entrances/parking lots. So, I would for sure be investigating plans for your race weekend so you have current info. I know they were allowing drive-ins but I didn't need that method.

It was an amazing experience & I'd never done a race on this scale, that capped entrance at 10,000 people (& sells out) & had corral starts. Enjoy!!

Not a big pain at all, especially afterwards. Beforehand you just face parking with other runners, but not nearly as much traffic as a normal park opening. They also aren't charging for parking at the gates, but they'll have folks out directing after the gates. I've done several RunD events from WBC and it's always been no problem! Have a great time!!!

Any preferences between TripBound and Vacation Strategy? I scanned the last 20-30 pages and I'm only seeing positive comments on both. VS is $120 cheaper than TB for 7 days next summer in a 3BR, so all things being equal I would choose VS. VS down payment is much less as well (20% vs 50%, same refund policy). Thank you in advance.

Any preferences between TripBound and Vacation Strategy? I scanned the last 20-30 pages and I'm only seeing positive comments on both. VS is $120 cheaper than TB for 7 days next summer in a 3BR, so all things being equal I would choose VS. VS down payment is much less as well (20% vs 50%, same refund policy). Thank you in advance.
We have used VS for all our stays at BC and the rentals have been seamless!!!

Tripbound gives you a 100% refund within 30 days or more of arrival. VS does not. You lose 50% of your payments with VS if you cancel within 30 - 45 days of arrival.

I stopped using VS and now book first with TB to lock in a room so I can search other sites closer to the arrival time. TB will price match most places but the real upside is their refund policy.

Call TB and ask them to price match that VS quote. They are very friendly and easy to work with. They also send 10% off coupons from time to time after you book with them once.

Last edited:

I look at Tripbound now, for sure, to compare (in addition to Farrell's and Vacation Upgrades), but VS has always been the cheapest for us and always had a good experience. I was concerned we might have had to start using someone else when they had a change in policy two years ago and started charging for changes and the cancellation policy got worse, but it seems now that maybe Tripbound and others give them enough competition that they re-thought that!

FYI difference in price for a 2 bed for our vacation in April is $152. VS is $152 cheaper than TB for the whole stay.

Do all the towers have 3 bedroom units? I just booked a 3 bedroom in July for 7 days.(for $895, thank you ebay) We usually do a 2 bedroom and like tower 3.

MommyPoppins - I hope you are still monitoring this forum, your August post caught my attention, $895 is an incredible price for 3BR in July for 7 days. Can you please provide any tips on how to search ebay to get me started? Is there a particular seller, or do you search on some form of "Bonnet Creek"? Thank you in advance...

You, and others, may be interested to see the pricing of my current options for 7 nights (7/5/20-7/12/20):
$3,122 3BR Presidential (Vacation Strategy)
$2,518 3BR Deluxe (Vacation Strategy)
$2,043 2BR AKL (DVC Rental)
$3,150 2BR Beach Club (DVC Rental)
$3,880 Beach Club standard room (Disney Website)

After reading a couple hundred pages of this forum I learned that WBC pricing will improve as I approach the vacation date, but risk of no availability increases.

MommyPoppins - I hope you are still monitoring this forum, your August post caught my attention, $895 is an incredible price for 3BR in July for 7 days. Can you please provide any tips on how to search ebay to get me started? Is there a particular seller, or do you search on some form of "Bonnet Creek"? Thank you in advance...

You, and others, may be interested to see the pricing of my current options for 7 nights (7/5/20-7/12/20):
$3,122 3BR Presidential (Vacation Strategy)
$2,518 3BR Deluxe (Vacation Strategy)
$2,043 2BR AKL (DVC Rental)
$3,150 2BR Beach Club (DVC Rental)
$3,880 Beach Club standard room (Disney Website)

After reading a couple hundred pages of this forum I learned that WBC pricing will improve as I approach the vacation date, but risk of no availability increases.
I'm not MommyPoppins but I'll take a stab at your question since I have booked a 4 bed pres off ebay in the past (and also a unit at OKW). The best deals I've seen have been ones that you can grab when a timeshare owner can't make it for their week and put it up for bid last minute. If you look on ebay now for next summer...you're likely to NOT get the best deal. Less than a month out with tons of flexibility in your schedule will land you the best deal, in my experience.

We used instacart through Publix in Feb and will be using it again on Friday. It worked out really well. The driver lets you know when he is on his way. He arrived a bit before us and was already giving the groceries to Bell services when we arrived.

We've done the same! We have an annual Instacart account we use at home, so charges for us! :)

Just booked for Dec 30. Should I request a certain area? First time at WBC. Also can we see fireworks from anywhere or just certain floors? Super excited

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!