The Westgate Lakes Resort

Golter

DIS Veteran
My family and I (30, 32 DW, 11 DD, 5 DD, 3 DS, 63 DF, & 53 DM) will be staying at the Westgate Lakes Resort the week of 10/05/02 -10/12/02. It is a 3 bd room unit that through my father's time share agreement we can stay for 674.00 for a week. Has anyone stayed here or have any feedback as to how nice the place is. We usually stay at the Blue Tree Resort which is pretty nice but we are excited about staying somewhere new.

I only stayed there two days, Dec 30 and 31st, 2001, and really enjoyed my stay. Only glitch is our toilet overflowed TWICE and we had to wait for maintenance both times! LOL!

We really didin't participate in any of the activities but they had alot of them. One of the cuter ones was the New Year's Eve party they gave for the kids! Great idea for parents who wanted to go on their own.

We stayed in a studio which was lovely. We had a screened patio, a little kitchenette and a 2 person jacuzzi, my favorite part! The location is priceless if you're going to Universal, the street they're on, Turkey Lake, leads straight to the park. I loved that!! (check my signature and you'll see why!) Universal was one way, and SeaWorld was the other, and Disney was just a few exits down on I-4.

Sand Lake Rd, which intersects with Turkey Lakes, has alot of good fast food places, including the cooooolest McDonald's around. It sells pizza, capuccino and tiramisu! :earseek: There's also a K Mart and a ChickFilA.

I took the tour and saw the two bedroom, but heard the three bedroom is awesome. Have a great time!

My family has stayed there for a week two yrs ago, and it was really nice, we didn't do any of the activities, but was sorry we didn't, we are going back the end of may for a week, and plan to spend more time at the resort this time to enjoy it.
The place is beautiful with plenty to do for the kids and adults, we stayed in a two bedroom which was very nice qand with my hubby and i and four kids there was plenty room for more.
I have never seen the blue tree but really enjoy westgate lakes.
Mrsmom
Allstar resort Dec95'
Holiday Inn sunspree Oct 98"
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
Hotel royal plaza Feb 2001
Wyndham Palace and spa Sept 2001
westgate lakes May 2002
port orleans June 2002

My parents own there and we have stayed there many times.

You will love it! They have all sorts of activities for all ages, nice on those lazy pool days! The units are nice. The 3 bedroom unit is actually a 2 bedroom with a lock off 3rd bedroom (like a separate hotel room with kitchenette). They share a common outside door, but then 2 doors in "foyer" area. Perfect set up for large families! And if you get a building overlooking the lake, you can see Epcot's fireworks in the distance!

If you have any specific questions, let me know!

how are the pools like?? and is it easy getting to disney?? or do you have to fight a lot of traffic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter