• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Where's Pluto Crew Dinner Review Nov 9-13, Days 1 and 2 Meals

Where's Pluto?

Who Let the DOG out?
Hi all-

First thanks to all who provided insight to our trip. We had a great time. Stayed at CSR, and by far it was our best stay yet.

Now on to the food...
We planned our ADR's ahead of time, also got our DDE card. The DDE was the best $60 I have ever spent, I totally recommend it.

Our crew: DH, me and dd (2 1/2)

Day 1- Nov 9
Checked in, and grabbed lunch at the Pepper Market. It was about 11:30 ish, pretty empty.
I got the chicken quesadilla with rice and beans, very good! :)
DH got the ceaser salad with chicken (for us to share) :) and the Wild Mushroom Spagetti, it was just ok.
DD ate very dry chicken fingers :guilty: , I was originally going to get her the pizza, but the guy ahead of me took the last slice and another pizza wasn't going to be ready for 8 minutes. So hence the dry chicken fingers. All together we spent, with drinks, around $47 More expensive than I would have liked it to be!

Dinner- we had 6:40 ADR at Brown Derby. Got seated around 6:55.
Seats were great, we got a booth, which if you have a 2 1/2 year old, keeps them in the seat. :teeth:
We ordered the crab cake appetizer, it was pretty good.
DH got a Peach Tree Punch :drinking1 , very good, think I'll make it at home!
He ordered the Filet Mignon, again very good.
I ordered the Cobb salad, as usual lives up to its name and was very good.
DD had the kids pizza, off of the new "healthy" kids menu. We were able to substitute the vegetable salad thing for fries, and we kept the green apples, DH and I ended up eating them. DD was happy with the pizza, ate almost all of it. :) With our DDE discount, we spent $57 before tip. :thumbsup2

Day 2 - Nov 10

Breakfast - ADR's for 7:30 am at Maya Grill, got seated immediately.

Buffet was very good. Would have again. With our DDE discount, we spent $23 before tip.

Lunch- CS at Electric Umbrella. Hamburgers for DH and I, kids nuggets for DD. Food was ok, not my favorite. Spent $24.

Dinner- 6:00 ADR's at Chefs de France. Waited for 35 minutes. :sad:
First, let me say that Chefs has been one of DH and I's favorites, with that said, I was so disappointed :sad2: The ADR seating is so out of control. While waiting, we would see people after people get seated, and then someone else would go up to the podium and wonder when they would get a seat as they had been there before the other people. This is the only restaurant where we experienced this.

Onto what we ordered...
DH and I ordered the Lobster Bisque... usually very good, but it was very very thin, usually has some chunks of lobster, but not this time. Not impressed. He also ordered the Grilled flank steak with sauteed shallots and french fries, again was ok, not impressed.

I ordered the Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese. Can I just say :crazy2: , it was awful! It is like they threw some pasta on the plate, a lumb of cheese, threw it in the oven and presto, you have dried out pasta with hard cheese topping. So bad, please I warn you don't order it, its not what you think its going to be. You might ask why I didn't just send it back, we the other reason for our bad experience, our waiter was awful. I think I maybe saw him 3 times.

DD had the breaded chicken strips with pasta. She ate the chicken but didn't touch the pasta.

For dessert, and again it is usually very good, we had Creme Brulee. The carmelized sugar topping was not hard, and the inside was runny. Yuck!

So I give this meal a :guilty: With our DDE discount we spent $73 before tip.

Days 3, 4 and 5 to come in seperate post.

I am open for questions if there are any... :)

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter