The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Finding Donald, a Snack and Some AC 4/28

Thank you for sharing, really loving your adventure.
:welcome:
I am definitely adding the cabin to our "to do" list. We exceed the occupancy limit but hopefully there are studios within walking distance to the cabins.
They're super nice for a relaxing stay with downtime in the cabin! Right opposite where our cabin was located is the building where the Boulder Ridge Villas are located. If you request a high number cabin and book a studio at BRV you could probably have exactly what you want.
We mostly stay at 3 bedroom villas now because my babies have babies :) (2 DD's their husbands and they each have to babies 11, 8, 6 and 4).

I can see that! Each family gets their own room and you can all stay together. I've only done the GVs for "parties" and such, since I don't have any kids.

Wait… you’re already in ze Fatherland?? Have a great time!

Thanks! And I have an interesting answer to your question about the potatoes and foil. Evidently when you are cooking baked potatoes in a fire, you must cover them in foil otherwise they will burn. We had this discussion yesterday over lunch when two of the folks in our party ordered baked potatoes for their lunch and they came served in foil. I doubt that the restaurant cooked them in a fire, but Magdalene made that argument as a good reason to use foil. However baking them in an oven in a home. No Way!

When we last left off we had decided to visit Panchito, Jose, and Donald on “It’s a Small Mexico”. The wait for this was only about 20 minutes, if that. I took this panoramic shot from the International Gateway as we made our way over there.

z24WDW0402EP22.jpg

This Encanto topiary display was very cute!

z24WDW0402EP23.jpg

Rocket is probably my favorite Marvel Character, so I couldn’t resist this photo of him and Groot.

z24WDW0402EP24.jpg

Here we are approaching Mexico. We went up the stairs in the front of the building to get there. Now I know you might think….what’s so special about that? Well I have no idea when the last time I walked up those stairs was. My inclination was to go past the front and up the accessible path. It’s crazy how you learn certain entrances to places, and don’t realize that there a so many other options available when you’re not using a scooter.

z24WDW0402EP24a.jpg

They had this cute little Dia De Los Muertos display in the lobby.

z24WDW0402EP25.jpg

z24WDW0402EP26.jpg

We headed over to the ride, and there was line, but it was less than 15 minutes.’

z24WDW0402EP27.jpg

When we were seated in the boat, we got this weird HA boat where a wheelchair could have rolled down the middle to sit at the front of the boat. We totally felt like this was a sign that Fran was here riding with us, so we took a picture.

z24WDW0402EP28.jpg

Here we go!

z24WDW0402EP29.jpg

z24WDW0402EP30.jpg

z24WDW0402EP31.jpg

z24WDW0402EP32.jpg

z24WDW0402EP33.jpg

z24WDW0402EP34.jpg

Our plan for the day was to leave the park by no later than 2PM. It was just after 1PM. We were a little hungry, and didn't have plans to eat until we were on our monorail crawl, so we decided to hit up the food booth in the Odyssey Building. On our way there we saw this topiary from Coco.

z24WDW0402EP35.jpg

Getting a snack at the Odyssey turned out to be a great choice! Not only was the food good, but they had table seating and AC. Here’s the menu before we go inside.

z24WDW0402EP36.jpg

Here's the Tempura Shrimp with orange sauce and Lemon Meringue Pie.

z24WDW0402EP37.jpg

We decided against any of the drinks with alcohol, we would be drinking quite a bit this evening and decided to just drink our waters and hydrate. The place was nice and cool.

z24WDW0402EP38.jpg

Then we decided to head back to the resort. We passed by the Starbucks and decided that we could use a little pick me up. There was also a Bamkuchen kitchen in there making that delicacy to be sold at Starbucks, so we got an order of that too. Sorry no picture of our beverages, but we both got our standard warm weather Starbucks order. Jill's is the same in warm or cold. Mine is the one that changes.

z24WDW0402EP39.JPG

z24WDW0402EP40.JPG

We rode the bus back to the WL and arrived back to the cabin just as Jenny's friend was leaving.

We transferred to the Epcot monorail at the TTC and were on our way to Epcot for the second day in a row. Here we are approaching the Epcot monorail station.

z24WDW0402EP01.jpg
We usually stay at BWV or have a car so haven't taken the monorail to Epcot in forever. Forgot how pretty that incoming view is.

Your pics and adult touring perspective has inspired me to grab a night at AKL Jambo to hang out in Epcot and check out the F&G show before it's packed up.

Safe travels for you!

Why would not have pictured that as a cabin? I've had the benefit of staying in the Poly Bungalows before and those were really nice as well, but I'd take the cabin over the Bungalow for the sheer reason of the hot tub.
The only cabins I've stayed at have been rather simple structures, mostly a basic rectangular one room wood building with siding and a gable roof, maybe a couple windows, maybe an interior bathroom - or not. This is a cabin like how the fancy Atlantic coast cottages that are actually mansions are called cottages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter