• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Finding Donald, a Snack and Some AC 4/28

Yes, you do, and need to come to DL so we can do Immersion ride therapy.
I wouldn’t say no to that. :)
Yes, but not very quickly. Need to start Private gym training.
I know you want quick, but keep at it and you’ll get there. :)
Rustic design in the entryway.
Makes sense.
I’m not going to quote every picture but… wow! I’m blown away by the place.
And again, it was my party!
Betting you didn’t want to cry though.
The second bathroom
Cabin… second bathroom… :faint:
And just look at the view! It doesn’t suck!
It really doesn’t!
We also lucked out that the grill was right outside of our cabin!
Convenient. :)
Here I am going through my Owner’s locker that I hadn’t seen in two years to discover the treasures contained within.
How was that? Bittersweet?
Michael pricked them with a fork and slathered them in oil and salt before placing them in the oven to bake.
:thumbsup2 Only way to do them. Why oh why would you put foil around them???
Somewhere just before 7PM while the steaks were resting, I got the notification that our Boarding Group had been called. Ummmm, sorry folks we’re just about to sit down to dinner.
No kidding! You’ve got something far better going on.
Dinner was fabulous
Looks amazing.
when we were finished, everyone let me sit at the table and enjoy my wine while they cleaned up!
Nice. :)
After that we all changed into our bathing suits and relaxed in the Jacuzzi for a while.
My jaw dropped when I saw that jacuzzi.

Want.
Then we watched the electric water parade.
:goodvibes

The cabin was spectacular! It was so beautiful, seriously quiet and so convenient to the pools and grill. I could live there if it wasn't in Florida...I kept saying I wanted to bring it back to Colorado!

We are definitely staying in those Cabins again! Too great not to! And I've got enough points to do it!

Dinner was amazing!

::yes::

I highly recommend wine in the hot tub! LOL

:thumbsup2

The music for the Electric Water Parade was piped into the cabin too so it was so cool to see it from the hot tub!

Yes that was super cool!

Wow!! How amazing!! Your cabin and view were gorgeous! What a dream!! Too bad you had to miss your boarding group, but this looks like such a perfect evening in an awesome place with friends. And the jacuzzi! And the water pageant viewing!! All amazing!

The cabin was spectacular! It was so beautiful, seriously quiet and so convenient to the pools and grill. I could live there if it wasn't in Florida...I kept saying I wanted to bring it back to Colorado! Dinner was amazing! I highly recommend wine in the hot tub! LOL The music for the Electric Water Parade was piped into the cabin too so it was so cool to see it from the hot tub!

Jill in CO

[Continued from Previous Post]

Once we got in the cabin, we called Bell Services to bring everything, took pictures of everything, and started heating the oven for dinner. We were having baked potatoes with dinner, and those potatoes had the longest cooking time of all the components of our meal. Here’s the Bell Services guy with all our luggage!

z24WDW0401ZCC32.jpg

We also lucked out that the grill was right outside of our cabin! That would be convenient for Michael when he grilled the steaks.

z24WDW0401ZCC08.jpg

Then we sprung into action, putting away the groceries that we didn’t need, preparing the groceries we did. Here I am going through my Owner’s locker that I hadn’t seen in two years to discover the treasures contained within.

z24WDW0401ZCC33.JPG

I washed the potatoes, while Michael pricked them with a fork and slathered them in oil and salt before placing them in the oven to bake. We seasoned our steaks, Jenny snapped the ends off of the green beans, and opened the wine. Somewhere just before 7PM while the steaks were resting, I got the notification that our Boarding Group had been called. Ummmm, sorry folks we’re just about to sit down to dinner.

z24WDW0401ZCC34.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC35.jpg

And a fabulous dinner it was. These are the steaks that I had thrown in my suitcase before walking out the door of my house to the airport.

z24WDW0401ZCC36.jpg

Dinner was fabulous! We all ate heartily and when we were finished, everyone let me sit at the table and enjoy my wine while they cleaned up! After that we all changed into our bathing suits and relaxed in the Jacuzzi for a while. Once I started to get to hot, I got out and switched to one of the chairs on the deck, it was around then, that Jenny served us all some chocolate cake. Then we watched the electric water parade.

z24WDW0401ZCC37.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC38.jpg

We didn’t even make it through two bottles of red!

z24WDW0401ZCC39.jpg

My stats for today.

z24WDW0401ZCC40.jpg

I was asleep by 9:45.
I love your trip reports! What a perfect night and so great to just enjoy the cabin and the atmosphere! And the food! Looks so appetizing and simple! We are packing dinner for our first night at a Boardwalk grand villa in May. My brother in law will pack clam chowder and stuffies ( stuffed clam shells and scallop shelll) with ice and we will enjoy that along with a charcuterie and just celebrate being there! Looking forward to the rest of your trip!

So cute! I would never think this is in Disneyworld!
Love the accent above the bed!
This headboard is super cute also!

Homely yet modern look to me!

this is a lot of comfy "outdoor" space!

Woohoo! How was the temp?

you would never know this is WDW!
We also lucked out that the grill was right outside of our cabin! That would be convenient for Michael when he grilled the steaks.
Did they have grill tools?

Well that looks pretty perfect indeed!
Ok this is so cool! this is just great you could watch it right there!
We didn’t even make it through two bottles of red!
:jawdrop: you all must have been very tired!

I wouldn’t say no to that. :)

Well find some time and some money and come on down!

I know you want quick, but keep at it and you’ll get there. :)

Yeah, it's the keep at it part. :rolleyes1

Makes sense.
I’m not going to quote every picture but… wow! I’m blown away by the place.

I am so staying there again! Once I build my points back up!

Betting you didn’t want to cry though.

Nope.

Cabin… second bathroom… :faint:

They think of everything!

It really doesn’t!

Certainly not!

Convenient. :)

How was that? Bittersweet?

Not really. It's not like there are sentimental things in there. Pot holders, measuring cups/spoons, my coffee cup. Some food items I tossed because if they would have been eaten Fran would have done it. There's a knife set, an apron, I did leave her mask and snorkel in the cabin when we checked out.

:thumbsup2 Only way to do them. Why oh why would you put foil around them???

I supposed if you want steamed potatoes. I want the crispy skin!

No kidding! You’ve got something far better going on.

Looks amazing.

It was!

I love it when I get to relax.

My jaw dropped when I saw that jacuzzi.

Want.

That was one of the real selling features. The Poly Bungalow has a plunge pool but a jacuzzi is 1000 times better!

Wow!! How amazing!! Your cabin and view were gorgeous! What a dream!!

It was fantastic! Now it makes me want to do it again!

Too bad you had to miss your boarding group, but this looks like such a perfect evening in an awesome place with friends. And the jacuzzi! And the water pageant viewing!! All amazing!

Yeah, we'd had this plan in place from the moment we decided to book the cabin. No point in staying in such a great place if you're not going to sit back and enjoy it! We got to ride Guardians a few more times this trip.

I love your trip reports!
Thank you and :welcome:
What a perfect night and so great to just enjoy the cabin and the atmosphere! And the food! Looks so appetizing and simple!

It was a great night! We didn't need to make it fancy to make it tasty! Plus it was a fairly easy meal as well!

We are packing dinner for our first night at a Boardwalk grand villa in May. My brother in law will pack clam chowder and stuffies ( stuffed clam shells and scallop shelll) with ice and we will enjoy that along with a charcuterie and just celebrate being there! Looking forward to the rest of your trip!

That sounds yummy! I'm guessing you're from New England? That's the kind of thing that we would have had at my Grandparents house on the Cape.

So cute! I would never think this is in Disneyworld!

They really do an awesome job of making the deluxe accommodations REALLY deluxe! To the point that you can forget you're at a theme park resort. I mean really you could have probably enjoyed a week here without even going to a theme park. Between the pools, water craft, exploring Ft. Wilderness, you could have spent at least half a day at the barns talking to the horse trainers!

Love the accent above the bed!

Very classy!

This headboard is super cute also!

Yes it is!

Homely yet modern look to me!

It's just the right mix of rustic, but with all the modern convenience. We lit the gas fire almost every night.

this is a lot of comfy "outdoor" space!

Yes it was! We ate dinner and breakfast outside for the first two meals!

Woohoo! How was the temp?

104° which was perfect. After a fee minutes it was toasty enough that I needed to sit on the edge.

you would never know this is WDW!

Did they have grill tools?

They did! I don't know if they come standard because they were in a zipper pouch which read "Cascade Cabins" embroidered on the outside. I also have my own BBQ tools in the Owner’s locker. I've grilled before at WDW.

Well that looks pretty perfect indeed!

Ok this is so cool! this is just great you could watch it right there!

I had heard you could see it, but there's nothing like actually seeing it!

:jawdrop: you all must have been very tired!

Well, I did start out with my boxed white....:rolleyes1 And we had been drinking most of the day. I may have switched back to the white in the hot tub.

But get this. I actually packed the third bottle of red and my second box of white in my OL because I didn't drink nearly as much in the room. (Foreshadowing). This didn't turn out to be the let's chill in the room trip, as much as we might have thought. :rolleyes1

So when we left off, we had just made a fabulous dinner in the Cabin, enjoyed the Electric Water Parade from the hot tub, and had a fairly early evening.

I woke up at 4:16AM. It was too early to get up so I tried to go back to sleep. My fitbit says that I drifted off for a brief moment, but that I was back awake by 5AM. I decided to check out the bathtub and for the life of me I could not get the bubbles to work. I still had my bath salts, so I just enjoyed a good soak.

I laid back down in bed, but the time for sleep had passed. My body was awake, so once I cooled down enough, I got dressed and went out to the Main Room to make coffee. I realized that I would be able to watch the sunrise, and once I had coffee in hand, I sat out on the patio near the jacuzzi taking pictures and working on my Instagram story from the day before. Notice the boat in the second picture. Evidently there was some sort of package where you could view the sunrise from one of the boats. Later in the trip a bigger boat was out there.

z24WDW0402BF01.jpg

z24WDW0402BF02.jpg

When I went back to the Master bedroom to use the restroom, Jill was awake, but she wanted to just lie around in bed. I told her that “it’s vacation and you can do whatever you want!” When I got back out to the Main Room, Jenny was up and serving herself some coffee.

We started making bacon, cause that takes a while. We had two skillets, an 8 inch and a 10 inch. You would think in a room that sleeps eight they would have a 12 inch skillet so that you could cook a big breakfast. We called Housekeeping and asked if they could bring us a bigger skillet. They brought us two more of the same.

Eventually Jill joined us, and then finally Michael too. He began the real part of cooking breakfast, and toasted the English Muffins, cooked the Hash Browns, and took over the Bacon. He scrambled the eggs while I made us Bloody Mary's. Jenny and Jill had already poured their Mimosas. And we sat down to breakfast.

z24WDW0402BF03.jpg

z24WDW0402BF04.jpg

We just chilled in the room for a while. I called maintenance about the tub, and the guy came quickly. He just filled the tub a couple inches, pushed the button and then it started up. I turned it on and off a few times just to verify that I could do it too, and he left.

I got out my computer, and checked some business stuff, copied pictures from both mine and Jill's phones, and worked on the TR a little. One of Jenny's longtime friends now lives in Florida. Her husband is an Imagineer, and she was coming to visit. Jenny, her friend, and Michael had planned on sitting by the pool on this day.

Jill and I are not “sit by the pool people” so as they were changing into swimsuits and getting their “pool beverages” together, we decided to go back to Epcot and ride Living with the Land, and see what else we wanted to accomplish. Did I mention that it was Spring Break and every attraction had SUPER long waits?

As we left the cabin we followed the signs that said “Bus Transportation” and noticed that practically just outside our cabin was the Boulder Ridge pool, and it was relatively quiet. I called Jenny to tell her, because I think they were planning on heading to the main pool. Unfortunately this little delay caused us to miss the Epcot bus. It was pulling away just as we walked within sight of the bus stop.

When I looked at the time table, the next bus wasn't scheduled to arrive for half an hour. Just then, a bus to Disney Springs showed up, it also flashed Contemporary as one of the destinations. We verified that was indeed the next stop, and hopped on. At the Contemporary, we browsed the shop but didn't buy anything. This was really becoming a trip of firsts!

Then it was on to the monorail. We passed through a completely different security line than I used to go through when we had the scooters. And up an escalator to get to the monorail boarding station. I'd never been this way before! We always went up the elevator after going through the accessible scanning station.

We transferred to the Epcot monorail at the TTC and were on our way to Epcot for the second day in a row. Here we are approaching the Epcot monorail station.

z24WDW0402EP01.jpg

z24WDW0402EP02.jpg

z24WDW0402EP03.jpg

When we entered the park our first stop was Journey of Water Inspired by Moana

z24WDW0402EP04.jpg

z24WDW0402EP05.jpg

Jill was brave enough to touch the water!

z24WDW0402EP06.jpg

All of these little play stations were broken down, which was too bad.

z24WDW0402EP07.jpg

It was about here, that I realized that this is just one big play area for kids to get wet.

z24WDW0402EP08.jpg

z24WDW0402EP09.jpg

There was one area where you just went in there to get soaked, but we again took the “dry path”. This was very beautiful, but I wasn’t going to wait to get my picture taken by the PP photographer.

z24WDW0402EP10.jpg

It was totally packed in there and seeing what we figured we needed to see we left.

z24WDW0402EP11.jpg

We weren't very impressed. But I can see if you have rambunctious little kids that need to blow off some steam and are overheated, it would be a good place to go.

We headed towards Living with the Land and found some more topiaries on the way.

z24WDW0402EP12.jpg

z24WDW0402EP13.jpg

z24WDW0402EP14.jpg

Throughout the ride, they had all these little nods to various Disney Stories….

z24WDW0402EP15.jpg

z24WDW0402EP16.jpg

z24WDW0402EP17.jpg

z24WDW0402EP18.jpg

z24WDW0402EP19.jpg

z24WDW0402EP20.jpg

We decided to head to Mexico for a spin on that little ride. It only had a 20 minute wait as well. We spied these topiaries on the way, but to get a frontal picture would have been a longer walk. :laughing: It was going to be a long enough walk to Mexico as it was! This no scooter thing was becoming brutal!

z24WDW0402EP21.jpg

I’ll pick up with the rest of our afternoon in a bit. I may be MIA (or not), I'm out of the country for two weeks, but I've got some long train rides, so who knows? I may have some time to get in updates! I've loaded all the pictures into my Photobucket account, so even though I won't have my regular computer with me, I'll have the back-up computer I took to Egypt so I can do basic tasks which only involve web based apps.

See you in a little while!

Finally at around 5PM we got the text that the Cabin was ready so we headed off to Cabin #8016
We toured one of the cabins on a DVC open house and I really love them!
Then we sprung into action, putting away the groceries that we didn’t need, preparing the groceries we did. Here I am going through my Owner’s locker that I hadn’t seen in two years to discover the treasures contained within.
How many Owner's Lockers do you have? I love mine and am debating adding a second one.
I washed the potatoes, while Michael pricked them with a fork and slathered them in oil and salt before placing them in the oven to bake. We seasoned our steaks, Jenny snapped the ends off of the green beans, and opened the wine. Somewhere just before 7PM while the steaks were resting, I got the notification that our Boarding Group had been called. Ummmm, sorry folks we’re just about to sit down to dinner.
Nice to have a group to cook with!
Dinner was fabulous! We all ate heartily and when we were finished, everyone let me sit at the table and enjoy my wine while they cleaned up! After that we all changed into our bathing suits and relaxed in the Jacuzzi for a while. Once I started to get to hot, I got out and switched to one of the chairs on the deck, it was around then, that Jenny served us all some chocolate cake. Then we watched the electric water parade.
You pretty much described my perfect evening!

When I went back to the Master bedroom to use the restroom, Jill was awake, but she wanted to just lie around in bed. I told her that “it’s vacation and you can do whatever you want!”
I love vacation! The bed was so comfy!
Eventually Jill joined us, and then finally Michael too. He began the real part of cooking breakfast, and toasted the English Muffins, cooked the Hash Browns, and took over the Bacon. He scrambled the eggs while I made us Bloody Mary's. Jenny and Jill had already poured their Mimosas. And we sat down to breakfast.
Breakfast was perfect! Michael was so sweet to cook...he is a really good cook!
We transferred to the Epcot monorail at the TTC and were on our way to Epcot for the second day in a row.
You can never have too much Epcot!
There was one area where you just went in there to get soaked, but we again took the “dry path”. This was very beautiful, but I wasn’t going to wait to get my picture taken by the PP photographer.

z24WDW0402EP10.jpg
Moana was beautiful and I'm glad I've seen it but I'm good...way too many people and water...it was pure chaos!

Jill in CO

That cabin looked amazing! I don't think I've ever seen one of them before - so cool. And not what I would have pictured as a cabin, lol.

Also, I do think my kids would've loved that new water play area when they were little. I probably would've had to drag them away from there!

Well find some time and some money and come on down!
Short supply on both!
Yeah, it's the keep at it part. :rolleyes1
Always is.
Not really. It's not like there are sentimental things in there. Pot holders, measuring cups/spoons, my coffee cup. Some food items I tossed because if they would have been eaten Fran would have done it. There's a knife set, an apron, I did leave her mask and snorkel in the cabin when we checked out.
That must’ve felt… I don’t know how that felt.
I supposed if you want steamed potatoes. I want the crispy skin!
I woke up at 4:16AM
Too early!

He says as he lies awake at 4am… :rolleyes:
I decided to check out the bathtub and for the life of me I could not get the bubbles to work.
Hate when that happens
Evidently there was some sort of package where you could view the sunrise from one of the boats
And you got it as part of your own package. :)
Jill was awake, but she wanted to just lie around in bed. I told her that “it’s vacation and you can do whatever you want!”
We had two skillets, an 8 inch and a 10 inch. You would think in a room that sleeps eight they would have a 12 inch skillet so that you could cook a big breakfast.
Too small.
Didn’t want to or couldn’t cook them in the oven?
We called Housekeeping and asked if they could bring us a bigger skillet. They brought us two more of the same.
:sad2:
I called maintenance about the tub, and the guy came quickly. He just filled the tub a couple inches, pushed the button and then it started up. I turned it on and off a few times just to verify that I could do it too, and he left.
:blush:
Jill and I are not “sit by the pool people”
Nor I.
When we entered the park our first stop was Journey of Water Inspired by Moana
How did you like it?
All of these little play stations were broken down, which was too bad.
Already? Geez.
Throughout the ride, they had all these little nods to various Disney Stories….
Nice touch.
It was going to be a long enough walk to Mexico as it was! This no scooter thing was becoming brutal!
But you’re getting stronger!

Thank you for sharing, really loving your adventure. I am definitely adding the cabin to our "to do" list. We exceed the occupancy limit but hopefully there are studios within walking distance to the cabins. We mostly stay at 3 bedroom villas now because my babies have babies :) (2 DD's their husbands and they each have to babies 11, 8, 6 and 4).

We toured one of the cabins on a DVC open house and I really love them!

They are definitely a great place to stay. Especially for the four of us. It was just perfect.

How many Owner's Lockers do you have? I love mine and am debating adding a second one.

I just have the one. It's perfectly sufficient. There's also some stuff that I could easily purge from it as well. I have a feeling that Jill and I may be traveling differently than Fran and I did. Jill and I spent much less time in the room this trip than had it been a trip with Fran and I.

Nice to have a group to cook with!

That's often how we roll at home too! Jenny and Michael now live 20 minutes from me. So he will make dinner, but I'll bring something over that I either finish at their house or just add to the meal. Usually it's wine! :laughing:

You pretty much described my perfect evening!

It was a pretty perfect evening! :goodvibes

I love vacation! The bed was so comfy!

It was a very comfy bed, and huge!

Breakfast was perfect! Michael was so sweet to cook...he is a really good cook!

::yes:: Yes he is!

You can never have too much Epcot!

Truer words have not been spoken!

Moana was beautiful and I'm glad I've seen it but I'm good...way too many people and water...it was pure chaos!

Yeah, it was very nice, but it's definitely a one and done for me.

That cabin looked amazing! I don't think I've ever seen one of them before - so cool. And not what I would have pictured as a cabin, lol.

Why would not have pictured that as a cabin? I've had the benefit of staying in the Poly Bungalows before and those were really nice as well, but I'd take the cabin over the Bungalow for the sheer reason of the hot tub.

Also, I do think my kids would've loved that new water play area when they were little. I probably would've had to drag them away from there!

Yeah it was definitely kid focused, which is great. They need a place to run around and blow off steam.

Short supply on both!

I get that. Sort of. Definitely the money. The time part, I've done to myself. If I hadn't planned so many darn trips! :laughing:

That must’ve felt… I don’t know how that felt.

It was just stuff, and nothing near and dear to her. Now selling one of her favorite Bolo ties last weekend, that stabbed a little bit. But I have pictures of her wearing it, and it doesn't do me a darned bit of good, but money does!

Too early!

He says as he lies awake at 4am… :rolleyes:

Yeah I get that two nights ago I was awake between 2 & 4AM, and then finally got back to sleep.

Hate when that happens

Yeah, this was a first for me!

And you got it as part of your own package. :)

Too small.
Didn’t want to or couldn’t cook them in the oven?

We talked about doing the bacon in the oven, but there really wasn't an appropriate pan.

How did you like it?

It was OK. Totally for kids though.

Already? Geez.

That what I was thinking!

Nice touch.

::yes:: it was rather cute.

But you’re getting stronger!

Well I'm getting something....these days walking in Germany are still killing me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter