The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicago Mo

DIS Veteran

Hello and welcome to yet ANOTHER pre-trip report from yours truly.. Chicago Mo!

I thought the quote from Jiminy Cricket here sums up exactly what happened to our trip that never came to be.

6357935859386426931379568022_tumblr_mz53zrMstn1soax2qo1_500.gif

Those of you who do not know- we had a MAGICAL once in a life time trip planned for Sept 2017.

tumblr_njw9f8poI11tx9vazo1_500.gif

Life happened- Car broke down- Wallet stolen- Money..

It was a dark cloud that came in like a hurricane..

tenor.gif

So! What do you do when life throws lemons at you?

going%2Bwdw.jpg

This is exactly what I plan to do… So come aboard and read along as I once again plan a SURPRISE TRIP..

Next up..

Who are we you ask???

WHO ARE YOU?

Hello! I hear some introductions are in order..

Who am I? Well I am your crazy planning Disney nut, known around these here parts as Chicago MO! Specializing in surprise trips it seems

I am Mo your Disney fanatic:
upload_2017-9-6_10-6-32.png

I am first and foremost a Mom too soon to be 13 year old triplets! I work a full time job for our glorious City of Chicago (job #1), a part time retail job (job #2) , a dog obedience instructor (job #3), taxi cab driver to the plethora of places the kidlets need to be- a football-Baseball-Basketball-volleyball-softball-baseball Mom, and I wear my badges proudly!

Like most of you reading I love all things Disney!!! There is not a day that goes by which I am not reading, talking, watching, or wearing, planning something Disney. My first time was in 1978:
upload_2017-9-6_10-7-6.png

My favorites.. Just DISNEY ANYTHING!

Favorite park: Magic Kingdom of course! Hollywood studios, and Epcot are the best then Animal Kingdom. ß yep we are one of those families.

Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Favorite Memory- in 2014 sitting on the curb outside the plaza eating ice cream with the kids

I cannot pick a favorite character- Jack skellington- muppets- Figment- Eeyore-it will just go on and on.

Next would be my DH Tom:

upload_2017-9-6_10-7-22.png

He works as a manager of office equipment fixing thingies. <-- Yep technical term. He is also a Disney NUT! (Thank God) His first time was in 2010 which was our first family vacation and instantly fell in love with Disney!

1. Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios

2. Favorite Character: Mickey

3. Favorite Ride ToT

Next up are my favorite littles!

Oldest by a minute Zack:

After haircut:

upload_2017-9-6_10-8-7.png

1. Favorite Park: Epcot or as they used to say EpERcot

2. Favorite Character: Bullseye and Pluto

3. Favorite Ride: Test track

Next we have Matt!

https://flic.kr/p/Wrg9WY
I seriously cannot get a good picture of this kid.
upload_2017-9-6_10-8-27.png

1 Favorite Park: Epcot

2 Favorite Character: Stitch

3 Favorite ride: RnR

Up next we have the PEANUT! Meg:

upload_2017-9-6_10-8-43.png

upload_2017-9-6_10-8-56.png

Yes she's my Disney princess.. You will not find another little girl in love with Disney as much as my little peanut here. Like me, she can't go a day without Disney!

1. Favorite Park: MK

2. Favorite Character: DUFFY

3. Favorite Ride ToT

Them all together:

This is my little family of 5. Our fur family consists of A golden retriever named Logan, a Sheltie named Piper, 2 Great Danes- Lex and Raven, last but not least is our master of mischief Stevie our Ferret. They will pop up from time to time.

Now that you know WHO we are shall we get into the details?

How my reports usually go…

My reports will be hijacked. They will derail. They will make you laugh -Hate to say it.. sometimes cry.. But laugh more. My real life is a reality TV show. I cannot make this stuff up..

Welcome Friends! I can’t wait to get this one going!!

7fea51a7bf6f8bcf372bd28dd21546a0.jpg

Let’s talk about HOW this trip came to be…..

I'm so excited that you have started a new trip report! I hope this trip is the best one ever. :)

I'm so excited that you have started a new trip report! I hope this trip is the best one ever. :)

FIRST reply award goes toooooooooooooooooooo

SUE!!

dfc6c3716faa3d09d665de08054591c2.jpg

Thank you TONS for following along!

I want to get a few details up now.. Nothing like the the last one..

Following along! So glad you're still going. We ended up canceling ours too due to the hurricane. Going in Dec and May now. :thumbsup2

Following along! So glad you're still going. We ended up canceling ours too due to the hurricane. Going in Dec and May now. :thumbsup2

YES! we are going again.. But nothing what i was hoping for like this coming weekend..

Those hurricanes are scary.. I am keeping up with Bryan and gang who are still planning on going.. which scared the hell out of me.

YES! we are going again.. But nothing what i was hoping for like this coming weekend..

Those hurricanes are scary.. I am keeping up with Bryan and gang who are still planning on going.. which scared the hell out of me.

Aw same here. Yacht Club was my dream resort and perfect for F&W, but we can't get a price anywhere near what we had plus our Aps run out so we have to buy tickets. We're now looking at a bit of a downgraded trip.

They are! I'm scared for a few people that I know went earlier to get there before things shut down. I just couldn't do it.

Did I make the first page??? :yay::yay::yay: SO happy to see this new thread!! It's going to be a fun ride for sure!

Love, love, love those pics of the munchkins. Can we still get by with calling them munchkins...they're growing up!!! Of course Peanut will ALWAYS be peanut!

How did this trip come about?

We had an EPIC trip planned for over a year.
Polynesian- Club Level- 14 people coming along for my triplet's 13th Birthday- glorious 9 days-- leaving tomorrow Thursday Sept 7th.

Sadly, life happened. My truck engine blew- AGAIN- my wallet was stolen- Mom in the hospital- unknown bills and debt i didn't know about until recently. a few smaller issues
We had to cancel. I WAS BUMMED! I cried, it was a lot to take at one time..

Instead of letting all this nasty stuff get the best of me.. I decided to take the deposit and transfer it to a NEW reservation!

If you noticed in the title MAY is capitalized?
We will be going MAY 2018!!
Specifically May 8-12th

This is NOTHING compared to our normal 9 days. We will only be going 5 days. I didn't want to do our EPIC trip just yet.... (hint hint) We just NEED TO GET THERE!!! 5 days will be exactly what the doctor ordered!!

MAY?!?! US IN MAY?!?!

Yep I always wanted to see Flower and Garden! We have seen Halloween and Christmas it's time for SPRING!

Can't wait to see this!
Walt-Disney-Epcot-Flower-and-Garden-Share-Orlando-04.jpg

Always see gorgeous photo's of Flower and Garden.. being a spoiled brat i want to take those!

I am loving Epcot more and more as i get older and older. I will honestly say my FAVORITE DISNEY MUSIC IS:

Around the 7:20 mark -I don't know what it is but this just makes me HAPPY!
At least I gave you some background music to listen to as we run down what is booked..

Where will we be staying??

Booking so late in the game for May my choices were very limited..

The ONLY resort open for us....

Are you ready for this....

Did you try to guess??

latest

Seriously... THE. ONLY. ONE

Not that I have anything against AoA... It's just this will be our THIRD TIME THERE! I wanted something different. Anything different. But what are ya going to do when there aren't any other resorts open for me.

Wanna know what room?

Yes...

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep-- Back at Lion King! At first we were booked with cars. I didn't want cars. 2015 stay was nice the view was awesome the pool was adorable as a family we ALL prefer Lion King.. Why is Nemo more expensive??? That's crazy if you ask me. Plus i think that is just too much blue for me.

We love the resort! Yet 3 times? There are so so many other resorts we want to try. Beggars cannot be Tom can't stand the people in the Food Court -- boy oh boy are people RUDE!
I have noticed this particular resort does attract people from other countries who aren't very--- Disneyfied--
Then again.. We are only staying 5 days. We won't have a lot of resort time planned.

There ya go!

I am looking forward to all your comments on Disney in May- weather? tell me about Flower and garden! SHOW ME PICTURES!

Getting MORE AND MORE EXCITED!!

I found you again Mo!! I am here an following along faithfully. I think the kiddos are REALLY going to caught by surprise by a May trip. Your black clouds need to take a turn for the better. Hope your friends are okay with Hurricane Irma hurtling down. Let us know okay? My oldest and his wife were blessed during Harvey and did not get any flooding inside their house, just flooding EVERYWHERE around them.

Can't wait to here more details!! Let us know about the kiddos turning teenagers!!!

Take care Mo. Too much work on my end too.

I read most of your September Pre-Trip Report. So disappointed for you that it didn't work out. :guilty: Glad that you're getting back on that trip-planning horse and trying again.

That's my first time ever being first! Thanks for the Award. :)

YAY! it's a start of many firsts on this report then!! YAY!

When do they fly down?

Saturday. Right when its supposed to hit.

Aw same here. Yacht Club was my dream resort and perfect for F&W, but we can't get a price anywhere near what we had plus our Aps run out so we have to buy tickets. We're now looking at a bit of a downgraded trip.

exactly and the same thing here we are downsizing A LOT this trip. but hey at least we are going!!

They are! I'm scared for a few people that I know went earlier to get there before things shut down. I just couldn't do it.

This is nothing to laugh at. I am really scared for Florida right now especially coming off of what happened in Houston.

By the way- What was the name of the Houston Hurricane?

Did I make the first page??? :yay::yay::yay: SO happy to see this new thread!! It's going to be a fun ride for sure!

You did make the first page!!! WOOHOOO
I hope this will be super FUN! It's short BUT WE WILL MAKE THE BEST OF IT!

Love, love, love those pics of the munchkins. Can we still get by with calling them munchkins...they're growing up!!! Of course Peanut will ALWAYS be peanut!

Thank you!
Umm I will have to get a pic of us together and you tell me if they are munchkins...
Your right peanut will always be PEANUT!!

Im here to join the party!

YAY!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR JOINING!

I need all your help!

Hello! Checking in! I'm so sorry you had to reschedule but with Irma coming, it may have been for the best! I had a client cancel 3 hours before their flight and reschedule for October. Joe wants to go for Fall Break this year! We miss it and were just there in March. You will LOVE the Flower and Garden Festival. It was awesome seeing the park decorated for Spring instead of Fall. AOA is my new favorite but I would love to Poly stay at least once. You are strong and I know you can make it to May. Until then, happy planning :)

We have been to Disney several times in May and it is a great month to go there. We've had very little rain and plenty of sunny weather that was hot enough for swimming. There is less humidity in May than in September, too. But it can still get hot.

Flower and Garden is like a smaller version of Food and Wine. There are concerts on the weekend. There are food booths but not as many as F&W. My very favorite alcoholic slushie is only available at the Canada booth during F&G, as well as my favorite watermelon salad. :)

And there are gorgeous flowers and topiaries. One of our favorites is the butterfly house. You'll have a great time. :)

I hope a fantastic discount opens up so that you can move to a different resort. :)

Sorry about your car, but with the weather it might be a good think you had to change the trip dates.
I'm excited to see how you plan a shorter trip.
I have nothing planned for my December trip except I'm thinking of trying to convince dh we should get annual passes.

Yippie Mo....love you've got a new PTR going. Sorry we won't get to meet up next week so I can buy you that drink.

We are still leaving on Saturday, Irma can visit if she likes. We were at WDW in 1999 (our honeymoon) the very first time they closed the parks due to a hurricane. Not going to let a little wind and rain get me down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!