The wrong things MAY be right at the wrong time.... What am i doing.

Keep this PTR going -change the title OR create a new and improved report!

• NEW Report!! This one was boring...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Following along! Sorry your trip didn't end up happening as planned, but hurray that you still get to plan a trip!

I'm so glad that you are getting to go again! As of right now, we are still going this Friday...I am waiting until the last minute to give up on my EPIC trip. Because of no DVC availability for the rest of the year (other than one day here and two days there) and the fact that our passes expire at the beginning of January, it's now or 2019 for us. We are watching things VERY carefully and staying in touch with Disney and DVC. If it takes a turn for the worse, we will suck it up and stay home. I'm hoping that with the eastward trend the storm seems to be taking now, we'll be ok. We will probably be confined to the Beach Club Sunday night until Monday, but I'm ok with that.

I look forward to following along with your crazy crew!!!

I was sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip, I loved reading about your crazy planning nights. I get that life gets in the way but very happy you were able to change dates. I have not been in May but I think it would be a gorgeous time of year. My DH enjoys AofA for the extra space and with DH, myself and three boys the little bit of space can be nice :)
Looking forward to following along and I again I am really happy for you and the family that you have something to look forward to.

Sorry for all that led up to you needing to cancel your trip. Being a grown up sure sucks sometimes. Hopefully you will love this quick may trip and it will tide your family over until you can make the EPIC trip happen. I'll be reading along. You're super entertaining.

I found you again Mo!! I am here an following along faithfully. I think the kiddos are REALLY going to caught by surprise by a May trip. Your black clouds need to take a turn for the better. Hope your friends are okay with Hurricane Irma hurtling down. Let us know okay? My oldest and his wife were blessed during Harvey and did not get any flooding inside their house, just flooding EVERYWHERE around them.

Can't wait to here more details!! Let us know about the kiddos turning teenagers!!!

Take care Mo. Too much work on my end too.

Im so HAPPY you found me again!!! :hug:
Your absolutely correct the kids will totally be surprised about going in May. We have never been in may nor have we ever said we would go in may. So they will be totally surprised!
The black cloud NEEDS TO GO AWAY! I have a bright way of looking at things yet this damn cloud won't stop! LOL we will get through this!!
Such good news about Harvey. It breaks my heart what is going on...

I read most of your September Pre-Trip Report. So disappointed for you that it didn't work out. :guilty: Glad that you're getting back on that trip-planning horse and trying again.

THANK YOU for reading along! No it didn't work out but honestly i think it was for the best in a bad way of showing it. We were supposed to leave today for our drive. kills me but now is time to look forward and GO WITH MAY! YAY!
I will always be on a planning adventure. no matter what i will plan a trip hopefully every year more likely every other... I need to stay at ALL resorts! I have a bucket list that needs to be met..

Hello! Checking in! I'm so sorry you had to reschedule but with Irma coming, it may have been for the best! I had a client cancel 3 hours before their flight and reschedule for October. Joe wants to go for Fall Break this year! We miss it and were just there in March. You will LOVE the Flower and Garden Festival. It was awesome seeing the park decorated for Spring instead of Fall. AOA is my new favorite but I would love to Poly stay at least once. You are strong and I know you can make it to May. Until then, happy planning :)

Hey! Yeah i don't like posting on facebook all my evil plans of Disney That's why i have my reports..
Like i said it was for the best we canceled but sad for FL!! I WILL BE BACK!
Yes i think when my parents took me in 78 we went in May. I am excited to see it all prettied up! My plan is to have all my pictures framed around the house. I will live in a disney house.
AOA is an AWESOME resort. But we want to try new ones. 3 times here now.. Like i said only 5 days we won't be in the room or resort much at all.
the Poly will happen again. Just don't know when.

We have been to Disney several times in May and it is a great month to go there. We've had very little rain and plenty of sunny weather that was hot enough for swimming. There is less humidity in May than in September, too. But it can still get hot.

Flower and Garden is like a smaller version of Food and Wine. There are concerts on the weekend. There are food booths but not as many as F&W. My very favorite alcoholic slushie is only available at the Canada booth during F&G, as well as my favorite watermelon salad. :)

And there are gorgeous flowers and topiaries. One of our favorites is the butterfly house. You'll have a great time. :)

I hope a fantastic discount opens up so that you can move to a different resort. :)

LESS HUMIDITY?!?! IN MAY?!?! STOP IT! I don't know what to do with myself if i am not pouring with sweat?!?! little rain? AS in i can go to Epcot without possible rain?
oh this is hard to imagine... :rotfl:
All that sounds delish! I was really looking froward to F&W but at least i have some smaller version. I am more looking forward to all the beautiful flower stuff! mmmmmmmm fun alcohol drinks.. I can just imagine it now!!! mmmmmm

ohh Butterfly house? I didn't know!
tell me more!

Sorry about your car, but with the weather it might be a good think you had to change the trip dates.
I'm excited to see how you plan a shorter trip.
I have nothing planned for my December trip except I'm thinking of trying to convince dh we should get annual passes.

Yep it is a good thing we had to cancel who would ever think that would ever be said?!?
Not by me that's for sure!!
You and me both i have no idea how to plan a lot into a small trip.... :scratchin
Get your annual passes! you have more excuses to go over and over!!

Yippie Mo....love you've got a new PTR going. Sorry we won't get to meet up next week so I can buy you that drink.

We are still leaving on Saturday, Irma can visit if she likes. We were at WDW in 1999 (our honeymoon) the very first time they closed the parks due to a hurricane. Not going to let a little wind and rain get me down.

THANK YOU!
And thank you for following along! No and i want you to check in A LOT to make sure you are ok and update on Irma!
We will get that drink one day!! :drinking1

How are you getting there? the 1999 hurricane wasn't a 6! I worry for you my friend!!!
Please keep us posted!

Following along! Sorry your trip didn't end up happening as planned, but hurray that you still get to plan a trip!

Thank you for coming along!!
YES i will not allow some real life crap stop us totally!

I'm so glad that you are getting to go again! As of right now, we are still going this Friday...I am waiting until the last minute to give up on my EPIC trip. Because of no DVC availability for the rest of the year (other than one day here and two days there) and the fact that our passes expire at the beginning of January, it's now or 2019 for us. We are watching things VERY carefully and staying in touch with Disney and DVC. If it takes a turn for the worse, we will suck it up and stay home. I'm hoping that with the eastward trend the storm seems to be taking now, we'll be ok. We will probably be confined to the Beach Club Sunday night until Monday, but I'm ok with that.

I look forward to following along with your crazy crew!!!

PLEASE PLEASE check in! I worry about you all and going this weekend!!!
It is all crazy booked up! with everyone rescheduling there is nothing available.
oh 2019.. It seems far but will be here before we know it.. and i am not looking forward to it. that's the kids graduation year. I will be a big mess..
I would never be upset with being stuck in disney.. As long as we are safe i will be perfectly happy sitting in the happy place relaxing!
I do hope it all works out for you!

We do have a crazy crew! I love to tell you all the tales!

I was sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip, I loved reading about your crazy planning nights. I get that life gets in the way but very happy you were able to change dates. I have not been in May but I think it would be a gorgeous time of year. My DH enjoys AofA for the extra space and with DH, myself and three boys the little bit of space can be nice :)
Looking forward to following along and I again I am really happy for you and the family that you have something to look forward to.

Thank you for reading along! Happy you came over here too!!
Planning nights were insane. it was a hot mess and i am sad that it is over.

I am going to miss this a whole lot..

Real life does that once in a while.. just glad i see a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am really excited to see it all flower power and pretty colors!
AOA is an amazing resort. i have no issues with it. Except i would love to try something else!!! like you with a family of 5 and an extra bathroom it's heaven. especially with 3 of the 5 are male.. blah...
THANK YOU i am so happy your here!

Sorry for all that led up to you needing to cancel your trip. Being a grown up sure sucks sometimes. Hopefully you will love this quick may trip and it will tide your family over until you can make the EPIC trip happen. I'll be reading along. You're super entertaining.

Being a grown up is the pits!! i want someone else to deal with all the bad.. Can i hier someone like that??? LOL
We will love the may trip. We will be IN disney and loving all the pretty stuff!
The epic trip is bouncing around in my head.. I think it needs to come to play...
HA HA! Thanks! I hope you all enjoy my reports!
thanks again for reading along!

I am here, can't wait to hear your plans for this trip! :lovestruc

D~

YAY D is here! Love my BFF DIS heads! Love you guys!
Super happy your here and now that i am over the Disney depression i need to float around the dis and get caught back up with everyone!!

Quick Update on the the trip that never was..
Bryan text me this morning-
Their flights have been canceled. So he canceled the trip as well.. I don't know exactly what their plan is they are bouncing a lot of times to go -- Christmas is one.. I will help them anyway i can to make it as magical as can be. His friend is coming into Indiana this weekend and still going to propose. sadly not in front of Cinderella's castle...

Thank you all again for coming on and reading all about this FUN TRIP!!

THANK YOU!
And thank you for following along! No and i want you to check in A LOT to make sure you are ok and update on Irma!
We will get that drink one day!! :drinking1

How are you getting there? the 1999 hurricane wasn't a 6! I worry for you my friend!!!
Please keep us posted!

We fly out early Saturday morning and will be there by 9:00 am or so, well before they close MCO at 5:30 pm. :rolleyes1

We rode out a hurricane a few years back with my folks at their condo near Sanibel Island. I'll be at my happy place which makes everything easier.

I'll keep folks posted, dear one.

I'm here! I can't wait to hear all about your new plans Mo. I'm so sorry that you had to cancel your trip, but I'm glad that you and your friends aren't in the path of that awful storm.

This is the second time someone I know has been at Disney a few days after we leave! I'm starting to develop a complex over here...:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We've been at Disney during the Flower and Garden twice. Both times it was a grandchild trip or just 5 days. The flowers and topiaries are amazing. Completely amazing!! Our granddaughter, Selah was very into butterflies at the time and loved the butterfly house. One even landing on her shirt and then perched on her finger! I have a great picture of it, but I have no idea how to post photos on here any more. I used to use photo bucket.

I can't believe it's so booked that there was no availability other than AoA!! That's just crazy!! Maybe something else will open up closer to time. But, hey, I know you're just happy to have a trip to look forward to.

We ended up cancelling, too. We ended up being able to get a Tree house in January, so at least, we won't lose our flight credits. So...now we'll be there January 14th - 21st. We've never done January or a treehouse, so that will be a fun adventure. We've got room for 6 more...come on down, Mo.

I found your pretrip report. I've only been to Disney once in May and it was about 10 years ago. It might have something to do with Star Wars that's making it hard to get a room then. My daughter and her husband are going a little later in May and are staying in AOL in a Little Mermaid room. She booked a while ago.
Can't wait to read more.
Liz

Hey Mo......safe and sound at the Beach Club. We arrived Saturday 30 minutes early, with only 14 people on the plan. Spend a full day at Epcot rain free. Rode TT, Soarin', Frozen with no Fastpass. Ate and drank around the world. On Sunday, they had actives all day at the resort including character meet n greets. The Irma's eye band hit about 11:30 pm and the heavy rain and wind lasted until around 4 am or so. Slept on and off during the night. Now it's windy but no rain. Always felt safe and feel fortunate to have power.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Hey Mo......safe and sound at the Beach Club. We arrived Saturday 30 minutes early, with only 14 people on the plan. Spend a full day at Epcot rain free. Rode TT, Soarin', Frozen with no Fastpass. Ate and drank around the world. On Sunday, they had actives all day at the resort including character meet n greets. The Irma's eye band hit about 11:30 pm and the heavy rain and wind lasted until around 4 am or so. Slept on and off during the night. Now it's windy but no rain. Always felt safe and feel fortunate to have power.

So glad you had a great day at Epcot! Thanks for the update. Was wondering what it might be like actually being there. No surprises that Disney made the best of it for everyone. They always go above and beyond. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

They always build a fabulous playground for kids for F&G. I realize your kids might be too old for playgrounds - but you never know!

The kids aren't really into playgrounds too much.. Unless they are board at home and ride their bikes over to one of the park districts..

We fly out early Saturday morning and will be there by 9:00 am or so, well before they close MCO at 5:30 pm. :rolleyes1

giphy.gif

We rode out a hurricane a few years back with my folks at their condo near Sanibel Island. I'll be at my happy place which makes everything easier.

YIKES! just please be safe! keep us all updated as your trip progresses!

I'll keep folks posted, dear one.

Please do!

I'm here! I can't wait to hear all about your new plans Mo. I'm so sorry that you had to cancel your trip, but I'm glad that you and your friends aren't in the path of that awful storm.

This is the second time someone I know has been at Disney a few days after we leave! I'm starting to develop a complex over here...:rotfl2::rotfl2:

HI! YAY so glad your here! I hope to stay up to date around here.

Why when are your dates?

We've been at Disney during the Flower and Garden twice. Both times it was a grandchild trip or just 5 days. The flowers and topiaries are amazing. Completely amazing!! Our granddaughter, Selah was very into butterflies at the time and loved the butterfly house. One even landing on her shirt and then perched on her finger! I have a great picture of it, but I have no idea how to post photos on here any more. I used to use photo bucket.

I can't believe it's so booked that there was no availability other than AoA!! That's just crazy!! Maybe something else will open up closer to time. But, hey, I know you're just happy to have a trip to look forward to.

I really cannot wait to see all the beautiful flowers! CANNOT WAIT.. I've wanted to see the F&W for a long time now..
i am currently using flicker and im not impressed. i like my photo's organized.
so i am still looking for somewhere to upload my pictures.

Nope not a dang thing. But your SO RIGHT. i am just excited to get there!

We ended up cancelling, too. We ended up being able to get a Tree house in January, so at least, we won't lose our flight credits. So...now we'll be there January 14th - 21st. We've never done January or a treehouse, so that will be a fun adventure. We've got room for 6 more...come on down, Mo.

I would LOVE to stay at a tree house! those are AMAZING! so so exciting!!

I found your pretrip report. I've only been to Disney once in May and it was about 10 years ago. It might have something to do with Star Wars that's making it hard to get a room then. My daughter and her husband are going a little later in May and are staying in AOL in a Little Mermaid room. She booked a while ago.
Can't wait to read more.
Liz

HI! THANKS SO SO MUCH for sticking with me!
I didn't think they were doing star wars weekends anymore?? I'll have to check into this..
Love AOA i really do-- Sadly right now they are missing some fans and trees uprooted..
LM rooms aren't as big as the family suites so we haven't been able to book it. Meg would LOVE to stay in one since Ariel is one of her favorites!

WHOA WHOA WHOA i thought you canceled??
you got some splanin to do..
tumblr_inline_n4echfiJIo1r7fnmm.jpg

What about the tree houses now?

Holy Moley! Only 14 people! That's CRAZY! That is the perfect way to fly! Epcot rain free?
the lies.
It's amazing what Disney will do for their guests ya know? The parks are opening back up tomorrow right?
I hope you have a nice relaxing day!

So glad you had a great day at Epcot! Thanks for the update. Was wondering what it might be like actually being there. No surprises that Disney made the best of it for everyone. They always go above and beyond. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I have been stalking Tess this weekend. I also messaged her she said Mickey was taking very good care of them.. just love that girl!

i do have something to update! COMING RIGHT UP!

They don't do Star Wars weekends any more but a lot of fans still go down then. Last year Disney did some special stuff during that time.
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!