" There are worse places to get stuck!" - A Mother/Daughter January '18 Trip - *Finished 4/25 !!*

CaseFace5

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!! :wave2:

My name is Casey and I am just back from a Mother/Daughter long weekend trip! This trip was filled with little snags, a big snag, and tons of Pixie dust! To help me get over this severe PDD (Post Disney Depression) I have decided to try my hand at another TR! I have done a few successful PTRs (and a few non-successful) and also a successful TR, however if you went back to read it now all you would see is some words and giant pictures that look like a gas tank monitor! :laughing: Yes, I used to do all my reporting with Photobucket and now I have to try to find a new way. Anywho.. Let's get on with it!

The Who:
Me! Casey.
26238824_10210796223213934_2367277318186924235_n.jpg
I am a payroll professional for a local school system and up until this past year I was a coach for Pop Warner cheer. I took last year off because I got married! I am also a fur mom to an almost 5 year old Black lab named Tessie. I have been to Disney 11 times, many of which have been the last few years. My trip history looks like this:

1995- First trip with family. Where I lost my first tooth! Stayed at Dixie Landings
2001 - Summer trip with my parents. It was the summer before 8th grade. We stayed at POFQ.
October 2010- Quick weekend trip with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousin and Sken! Stayed at All Star Sports
December 2011- My cheer team made it to Nationals! Stayed at All Star Music
March 2012- Took a trip with my cousin and her two kids. Stayed at All Star Movies
March 2013- Went again with my cousin and her kids. Stayed at All Star Sports.
April 2014- Went for 2 days to see the Cheerleading Worlds. Stayed at All Star Sports.
March 2015 - Went with Sken. Stayed at POR.
December 2015- Went to Nationals for a second time! Stayed at All Star Music.
September 2016- Went with Sken, got engaged!

So as you can see, the last few years consisted of annual trips, with the exception of last year which brings me to this! My last trip was September of 2016. On our last night, during Wishes, Sken got on one knee and asked me to marry him!
26734360_717118048886_7096704183495054941_n.jpg

We got married this past October, and while we didn't have a Disney wedding, I made sure to throw in some Disney touches!

23561392_710284488396_6947216028665003278_n.jpg

Back to this trip! I was joined by my Mom!
26239615_717468736106_2180810557696911399_n.jpg

Her birthday is actually tomorrow, but like any good Disney fan, we celebrated all weekend! Mom is a healthcare professional, and mom to me and my furry sister Dixie. The last time she had been to Disney was 2001 when I was still in middle school! :scared1: So this trip was all about me showing her the ropes and also making memories! We had so much fun!

22815388_707810975336_6289035428423470316_n.jpg

26991658_717475537476_3706440979915591082_n.jpg

We were also joined on this trip by my Aunt L and her daughter O for half of the time.

26231678_717258133156_4910793832919112307_n.jpg

The What/Where/When:
We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge from January 13-January 16th.

I hope you all come along as I relive this weekend! Bare with me as I configure a new way to add photos, and also while I wait for mom to send me hers. Can't wait to share our girls weekend with you all! We visited all four parks, checked out the Festival of the Arts, ate to our hearts content, and took our time just taking in the sites.

I'm following along. I am excited to read your TR. My mom and I are going on a trip (just us) in April :)

Following! Congrats on getting married recently and the mother daughter trip looks so stinking cute already!!! :love:

Sorry this is starting up so slow! It's a pay week at work this week, so I have to get that done and I am just about done sorting out my pictures. I hope to get in an update this afternoon, if not, tomorrow morning!

Day 1 - Travel
"Your alarm didn't go off!"

Although the Holidays had just passed, it seemed like I had waited forever to go to Disney. Granted, we only booked this trip at 59 days out, but it still felt like forever! I had actually taken the time to pack two days ahead, so I was pretty much ready to go. Since both my mom and I would be away from our husbands for a few days, the night before our early flight, Sken and I grabbed dinner, as did my Mom and my step-dad Bob. Sken dropped me off at my parents house that night, because I was going to leave my car so he could fix my headlight that was out. (Spoiler alert -- He didn't)

It was so weird staying at my parents house, because they have since turned my bedroom into an exercise room, and I had to stay in the spare bedroom! :rotfl:The night before, my mom picked on me for packing so many clothes, yet then went upstairs and added more clothes to her carry-on! We got to bed pretty early and set our alarms for 3:15am to be out of the house by 3:30am. I fell asleep pretty quickly...

"OMG your alarm didn't go off!!"
I jumped out of bed SO FAST!
giphy.gif

I looked at my phone and it was 3:14. My mom's bedroom clock said it was 3:19. Here I am thinking we are super late, might miss the flight.... Nope. We were fine. We quickly got dressed and headed into the car. We were out the driveway by 3:33, just 3 minutes later than we wanted!

IMG_5962.JPG
(Sorry this picture is so blurry!)

We live in the middle of two airports, and we were traveling out of the smaller one this time. It usually takes about 45 minutes to get there, but it did take us over an hour because there was heavy rain. I decided to try to get us into the Disney spirit, so I put on the Moana soundtrack.
IMG_5963.PNG

I asked mom to guess which movie this was. (Mind you, her radio displayed the name.) She couldn't guess and once I told her it was on her radio she laughed. I said to her "This is going to be much harder than I thought!" She replied with "Well I'm never going to get on your level when it comes to Disney." Thanks mom, this sounds promising!

We finally got to the airport. We parked in the long term lot, in section M7 and a shuttle came right to our car to get us, which was much appreciated in the rain. We quickly got into the airport and since we only had carry-ons, headed right to security. In the line we met this sweet little old woman who was chatting up with us. She thought we were sisters, not mother and daughter. This would not be the last time we heard this the whole time, and I am pretty sure my mom was loving it!

It took 26 minutes to get through security and we headed off to the gate. Mom found a seat with our bags and I headed to Dunks to grab us coffees. Naturally the line for Dunks was huge, and by the time I got back to mom with our coffees, it was pretty much time to board. We were in the second to last row, so we boarded at the beginning. We got our seats quickly and settled in. Mom asked when we had to put on our Magic Bands, and I said before we got to Magical Express. She asked if we could put them on now and take a picture. Sure!!

IMG_5964.JPG

Plus a selfie for good measure!

IMG_5965.JPG

The flight itself was pretty uneventful. The pilot was pretty funny though and said that due to the heavy rain the first leg of the flight might feel like an E-Ticket ride, but then it would be smooth sailing from there. :rotfl2:Once we got to MCO he also told us it was warmer at home, in New England, than here :scared1:.

We took the Fake-O-Rail over to terminal B and headed straight to ME. We were sent to lane 10 which had one person in front of us in line.
39827867202_415401cda0_z.jpg

I thought we had just missed the bus but to our luck, it was still outside and they came to let us on very quickly after snapping this picture! We sat towards the back of the bus, but who cares! We were on our way to ALK!

IMG_5967.JPG

IMG_5969.JPG

We were the second stop on our bus, after Coronado Springs. Before long, we walked into the most beautiful lobby I have ever seen!

38961285555_278e9aaeb0_z.jpg

Pictures do not do this place justice, I swear. I was so in awe of this whole area. We took a few minutes to take it all in and then headed to the check in line. I had taken a bit of a risk here and did not check in online because I had read that if you wait to check in, you are more likely to get an upgrade, especially if you have a celebration listed on your room. While on ME mom asked if I had checked in, since they were talking about it on the video. I shared with her that I waited and was hoping for the best. Fingers crossed!!

Jay at AKL checked us in and it was SUCH a great first experience with a cast member! At first he said "This says two adults, can you please tell me where they are?" He was such a pleasure to talk to and before long he let us in on a secret... We got an upgrade! We had booked a standard room and he upgraded us to a Savannah View!! We were so excited! Our room wasn't quite ready, and my Aunt L and her daughter O were waiting on us at Magic Kingdom, so we changed into shorts and t-shirts since we were HOT and gave our bags to Bell Check. Off we headed to the buses and to our luck a bus was there so we jumped on!
IMG_5972.JPG

Your title is so ominous.... But it looks like everything has started off wonderfully. An upgrade is always a nice thing!

Looking forward to seeing how things go!

Joining in. :wave: What a special treat to have a mother/daughter weekend of making memories. I hope you had a fabulous time.

My name is Casey and I am just back from a Mother/Daughter long weekend trip!
:wave2: Casey followed you over from my TR.

My last trip was September of 2016. On our last night, during Wishes, Sken got on one knee and asked me to marry him!
How sweet.

upgraded us to a Savannah View!!
Your gonna love it

Off we headed to the buses and to our luck a bus was there so we jumped on!
Boy were you lucky
Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your trip went.

Your title is so ominous.... But it looks like everything has started off wonderfully. An upgrade is always a nice thing!

Looking forward to seeing how things go!

I usually like to have a catchy title, but I just couldn't think of one and this was the best I could do. We did get stuck, but that won't come until later in the TR. Thanks for following along!

Joining in. :wave: What a special treat to have a mother/daughter weekend of making memories. I hope you had a fabulous time.

Thank you, and welcome! We really did have a great time!

:wave2: Casey followed you over from my TR.

How sweet.

Your gonna love it

Boy were you lucky
Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your trip went.

Thanks for hopping over! Don't want to give anything away.. but our luck either kept on this awesome streak, or turned for the worse real quick.. haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter