think vacation homes??

hannymom

Mouseketeer
we have always gone through all star vacation homes. i must have missed something
because i do not see them anymore. i found a perfect house to rent this fall by think vacation homes.
has anyone used them?

Is it Magical Vacation Homes? I booked through them a couple of weeks ago and had a very smooth online reservation experience.

EDITED TO ADD: Just reread your post and realized it is not the same company.

Last edited:

I would avoid Think Vacation Homes. We did not have a good experience. We rented from AllStar many times prior. The service level is no where near the same. Unresponsive to issues with the home, like the pool being dirty. We could not get them to reply to any issues.

We just stayed in Encore Resort with Think Vacation Homes and it was great! Close to everything, including a new wal-mart right down the street for us to get supplies from, and the home was very comfortable. The water park on site was included and our family used it almost every day. We did have some arrival instruction confusion prior to our arrival, but they were quick to get us the correct info. Otherwise, I would fully recommend them I'm actually looking for a smaller place for next spring with them now and found this when googling their name, so just wanted to share our experience. Hope it helps. Thanks

Think Vacation Homes is a spinoff of All Star Vacation Homes. All Star was forced to close last year after defrauding homeowners and guests out of millions of dollars. The family could no longer use the All Star name, so they formed a new company called Think. This is the same family that operated All Star for 18 years, although they try not to make this public or obvious. After closing, they continued to book guests into homes and companies with no intent of paying the funds forward, including with the new company. Beware if you are to book through this company.

I personally know the owners of the company and can attest fully to the fact that the above post is 100% inaccurate.
Respectfully, uninformed ex-owners or guest of All Star who are angry with that situation (which does not involve Think Vacation Homes), believe the above statement to be true, without knowing the facts and the rumor mills have been misdirected at Think Vacation Homes, unnecessarily. Think Vacation Homes is a listing site that partners with local and well known management companies throughout the Orlando area, in order to help accommodate guests by giving them the ability to shop multiple vacation home options and resorts throughout the Orlando area without having to shop each company individually.
They are not All Star Vacation Homes in any way and do not deserve these false accusations.

All Star Vacation Homes is related to Think Vacation Homes. Company incorporation documents are online on Sunbiz <sorry I don't have enough points to use links in my posts>, the Florida Dept of State website. All Star was a family owned business run by the Trovers, and the company's incorporation documents list Steve Trover and his mother Susan Trover. When it closed its doors in late 2017, the two Trover sisters Kelly DiGiovanni Trover and Cari Ann Licata started All Vacations LLC d.b.a. Think Vacation Homes. Fictious name searches can be done here <on Sunbiz as well, google ficticious name search>. The only thing FabFan47 might have gotten right is the difference between All Star and Think is that Think is a booking site that partners with management companies. It's not a management company like All Star was.

@atom0001 The only thing you "might have gotten right" was that Kelly & Cari are related to Steve Trover (siblings). However, they had no ownership in All Star and after the company closed in late 2017, while they had been in the industry for over 20+ years, they started their own online marketing business (All Vacations LLC d.b.a Think Vacation Homes), after having lost their jobs as well; with All Star Vacation Homes. However, All Star Vacation Homes (the company) is in NO WAY related to Think Vacation Homes (the company). So I'm not sure where your post has any value to this thread. Seeing that you joined disboards yesterday, I can only assume that you too, are one of the upset ex-employees or ex-home owners of All Star Vacation Homes, who believe they know what they're talking about, respectfully. And while I can understand your being upset over the situation, Cari and Kelly have done nothing wrong throughout any of this, and you should be ashamed for trying to accuse them of anything but trying to move forward. They too have families and are just trying to get through it all.

I'll make this short:

I rented a townhouse with specific needs in mind (3 bedrooms, with one ground floor bedroom) and fully paid for the facility in October 2018.
In December, 2 weeks before arrival, Think Vacation Homes e-mailed me and said the place was double booked, and I was the screwed party. They said someone other than them double booked the property, but failed to provide any evidence of this claim.

They did offer me 2 alternatives.
One, an older property, more than 4 times further away from Disney, that did NOT have a ground floor bedroom.
Two, a unit 3 times further away from Disney, but it was a 5 bedroom units, and was more than $1,100 more than the unit I had already paid for.

They said I needed to make a decision essentially immediately, and then, later, they would discuss 'compensation and discounts' with me.
How stupid do they think I am? Once I agree to their strong arm tactics (last minute, take what we offer you, we may get you a discount, but we make no guarantee, and you have to decide NOW!!!) tactics, I would have no leverage.

So I offered a discount amount to them, in $$$, and they said " we have made the decision to now cancel your reservation at this time and will have a full refund check mailed to your address".

Then they pulled the old 'The checks in the mail' routine and only mailed me a check after additional e-mails from me, and more than a month after they said they did.

Walk, no RUN, to ANY OTHER vacation home rental agency in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!