Thinking about booking a trip late January 2021-best opinions

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
My cancelled reservation borrowed points have been restored to 2021 (apr) use year. I have 93 point in current uy. 70 available to bank by November, 23 banked from 2019.
There is availability between my two homes to book a week end of January 2021.

I can't decid. My banked points will be lost if I don't use them, however, if this thing is still going on in January will there be anything to do? I would only have to borrow 15 from 2021 uy which would keep me well within 50%.

I want to book, but I don't want to go through this again.

Do I just forget it and write off my 23 BC points? I know this is minor to what some of you have lost, but on the scale of my 150 total points it matters to me.

I would book, I think there is more to this whole thing than meets the eyes. My reservation is at the end of January and into February 2021, I think we will be ok. What do you have to lose? If they aren't open (which is highly unlikely) you should be given the same options as those members are getting now. If they are open you get the vacation you booked. I think you will be ok, but that's just MHO. Good luck with whatever you decide.

One other thing to consider is to book only 6 nights so you don’t have to borrow. This gives you until November to have a better idea if you will want to go,

As you said, the banked points will be lost regardless, but at least you don’t risk the borrowed points too.

Once things get open and you see how it is going, you could always try to add that last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter