Thinking about going to Shanghai in March

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I've been to all of the Disney parks in the world except for one: Shanghai. Prior to its opening, though, I could say that I'd been to all of the parks. Looks like I can get a good deal on airfare in March (less than $500, which ain't bad). Also, a friend recently moved to Tokyo. Just messaged him and asked if he'd like to join me there.

If I go -- and there's a decent chance -- I'll, of course, hit DL Shanghai. Looking forward to seeing it. Has anyone been there? I see that they have Buzz Lightyear. I hope the rules/play are largely the same ;-).

I've been to all of the Disney parks in the world except for one: Shanghai. Prior to its opening, though, I could say that I'd been to all of the parks. Looks like I can get a good deal on airfare in March (less than $500, which ain't bad). Also, a friend recently moved to Tokyo. Just messaged him and asked if he'd like to join me there.

If I go -- and there's a decent chance -- I'll, of course, hit DL Shanghai. Looking forward to seeing it. Has anyone been there? I see that they have Buzz Lightyear. I hope the rules/play are largely the same ;-).
Do it! I really want to visit all of the parks. Very likely I'll get a chance to see Paris this summer and I'm considering a Tokyo trip 2019/2020 (though that's tougher as I would hope to avoid Olympics crowds).

And I've heard their Buzz Lightyear is the best one, as they use more projections and it's just more modern. Also, you can see the lasers more, so you know where you are shooting! I'm sure you will max out the high score everytime!

As of today I have a business trip planned to China in September. If I go I will definitely visit SDL. If you go PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES! :)

:wizard:

A couple podcasters went on an Adventures By Disney trip that included Shanghai. From their reports, Pirates should not be missed
We were on that trip. Agree with John that Pirates should not be missed at Shanghai. The other attraction that only exists there (so far) is Tron. The park is huge and the attractions are all very nice. You shouldn't have a problem hitting everything you want to see in a couple of days.

Do you already have your Chinese visa? the Orlando team talked about how difficult it was to get their visas, and just wanted to make sure you had enough time to get one. looking forward to hearing a trip report.

Do you already have your Chinese visa? the Orlando team talked about how difficult it was to get their visas, and just wanted to make sure you had enough time to get one. looking forward to hearing a trip report.

Actually, I just left the Chinese consulate about an hour ago. Yes, the process was arduous but it looks like I'm all set to pickup my visa next Tuesday (Walt willing ;-)).

Yup, all set. Scored my visa and some local currency today. The visa was kind of a pain but it's all taken care of now :-)

FullSizeRender.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts