Third party booking sites for flights?

ozliz

DIS Veteran
I’ve always been very set on booking flights directly with an airline to save any complications should the airline make changes etc. However, I’ve finally had my leave approved and all the best flights I’ve been looking at are gone now. There are a few deals that save a couple of hundred dollars booking through third party sites rather than direct with the airline but I’m not convinced it’s worth the risk. Anyone have Australian experience they can share? Should I just pay a little more and play it safe?

FYI my trip is in September but I cannot remember if they will be likely to release any more sales between now and when I will want to be booked by. I expect with the school holiday overlap it’s unlikely that my dates will be covered anyway. What would you do?

For just a couple of hundred bucks, I’d go direct. Booking third party has the added complication that the airline won’t talk to you about the booking, they only talk to the agent. I do book airfares through a trusted bricks and mortar agent when the itinerary is a bit complicated as they’ll watch fares for me and they have never let me down but I would never consider buying airfares through a third party website.
I assume you’re aware of the various discounts for park tickets available through various resellers (Undercover Tourist, aRes Travel, LMT Club) which are reliable and may offset a small part of the cost
All the best.

I would go direct, or at least take it into a travel agent and see if they will match it. There was a third party (best jet I think) that went bust 12 months or so ago and many people lost a lot of money. Keep an eye on the sites, check daily and clear your cookies or check in a private window (or both). Sky scanner is a great tool as well.

Thanks. I’ve booked and went direct. Half the time the cheaper fares weren’t available by the time you clicked through to the end anyway. I’m happy with my choice - no worrying.

Half the time the cheaper fares weren’t available by the time you clicked through to the end anyway. I’m happy with my choice - no worrying.
Common story, another reason to go direct. Glad you got something you were happy with, enjoy your trip.
All the best

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter