Third time's a charm - Jan 19 solo trip PTR - 3 days to go!!!!!

absolutmey

always planning another trip
Hello and welcome to my PTR! I’ve put together a couple PTRs before and have found that I’m historically pretty bad about the follow-through when it comes time to TR or DR. I am, however, going to try REALLY HARD this time. Third time is a charm(?)

Please join me in planning my first solo adventure! I’m really excited to try this out. Doing what I want, when I want to is so appealing.

43246783890_1c5098e628_m.jpg

Who: Me! Megan: graduate student, FT commercial insurance underwriter and Disney lover. I'm married to a beer guy. I have one really cool 11-year old human boy and 2 spunky beagles.

43246749980_956dff3a5a_m.jpg
44338006934_713ce743b8_m.jpg

(at Princess Half 2018 & Tusker House same trip)

My favorites:
Park: Animal Kingdom
Ride: Space Mountain or EE (toss up)
Newly-found (nerdy) thing to do: Hall of Presidents
Must-have snack(s): a good old dole whip, carrot cake cookie
Character(s): Tigger and Disgust
44146597855_16b9d8c0f4_m.jpg

When
: Sun. Jan. 6 – Fri. Jan. 11. Staying at All-Sports Movies. It made sense to go value since I wouldn’t be in the room that much and they’ve just undergone a reno – fingers crossed.

Why: Because I have a soon to expire AP, lots of PTO and I just want to. And because sometimes mama needs a little break amiright?

45009588202_d817046625_m.jpg

List of must-do activities:

- FINALLY watch Illuminations, Rivers of Light and Fantasmic! as I’ve never seen any of them!
- Experience WDW in winter
- Experience Toy Story Land
- Enjoy Sanaa (all the naan is for me!!!)

I’m not going to make many ADRs for this trip because when I’m alone, I prefer to snack throughout the day or just eat on the fly. Currently I have a lunch for Sanaa and Sci Fi scheduled, and that is it!

Right now, I’ve got it scheduled that I’m driving down on Saturday, staying until Thursday, with Saturday night in Vero Beach with my grandparents. It’s not close by, but it’ll be nice to visit, and it IS a night of free lodging, free dinner and free breakfast (and coffee) … so, there’s that. But, if I decide I don’t want to drive and can find a cheap flight, I may just do that. no muss, no fuss, no parking fee.

Daily plan is shaping up like so:

1/5 Saturday – drive to Vero Beach - Dinner & stay the night with grandparents

1/6 Sunday MK
- drive to WDW early AM; park at ASM; bus to MK (as close to RD as I can)
- Lunch: snacks probably, dole whip for sure
- FP: Space Mtn – 7DMT - BTMRR
- Dinner: something QS – CHH?

1/7 Monday
AK
- FP: FoP – EE – Safari
- Lunch: Sanaa
- Dinner: Satul’ii Canteen
- Tree of Life Awakenings & Rivers of Light

1/8 TuesdayHS
- FP: SDD – ToT – Star Tours
- Lunch: Sci Fi (late lunch)
- Dinner: QS or snacks
- SWGS 8:30pm

1/9 WednesdayEP
- FP: Soarin – Living with the Land – Spaceship Earth
- Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
- Dinner: Mexico pavilion
- Illuminations 8pm

1/10 ThursdayMK AM & home
- FP: Space Mtn – 7DMT - BTMRR
- Drive home lunch on the road

If you're still around, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Today was FP day! Yay!

I got everything I wanted, including Flight of Passage (x2) and Slinky Dog!

A few adjustments have been made, of course. I found a very cheap flight so I booked it! I also shifted my dates a bit.

1/6 Sunday – MK
- Arrive MCO 8:30am, take ME
- FP BTMRR
- Lunch: BoG 1pm
- FP Space Mtn, FP Buzz
- Monorail & bus to HS
- Dinner: ?
- Catch Fantasmic! & part of the final Jingle Bell Jingle Bam

1/7 Monday – AK
- FP EE
- Brunch: Tusker House 10:50am
- Festival of the Lion King, FP Safari 3:10
- FP FoP 4:10
- Dinner: Satul’ii Canteen
- Tree of Life Awakenings & Rivers of Light

1/8 Tuesday – HS & EP EMH
- FP ToT
- Lunch ?
- FP Star Tours, FP SDD
- to EP for PM EMH
- Dinner: Sommerfest or Tangerine Café

1/9 Wednesday – EP
- Test Track (single), FP Soarin, Mission:space
- FP LwtL, FP SE
- Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
- World Showcase
- Dinner: La Cantina de San Angel
- Illuminations 9pm

1/10 Thursday – MK
- Space Mtn, Buzz, Peoplemover, CoP
- FP 7DMT, FP HM
- Lunch: CHH
- FP BTMRR
- Pirates, JC, back to Tomorowland
- Dinner: Casey’s and find a spot
- Happily Ever After 8pm
- Pack up :(

1/11 Friday – MK w/ EMH
- Bus to MK for RD
- Ride some rides, no FP
- Monorail & bus to AK
- FP FoP, FP EE, FP Safari
- Lunch: Satul’ii Canteen bowl (yes, again)
- Dinner: at airport ?
- Depart MCO 8:30pm

How fun! Glad you got the FP's you wanted! I dream of doing a solo trip because like you said, MAMA NEEDS A BREAK.

Hope you do a TR when you get back, would love to hear how it goes :)

How fun! Glad you got the FP's you wanted! I dream of doing a solo trip because like you said, MAMA NEEDS A BREAK.

Hope you do a TR when you get back, would love to hear how it goes :)

I'm planning to do a TR, for sure :)

After booking FP, I was in a planning lull and was playing with my plans.... and I decided that I just HAD to attend DAH on 1/7. Very excited! :)

Hi! I’m just joining in! I’m dreaming of a solo trip. I would love that. I cannot wait to hear more :dumbo:

Your plans sound great, @absolutmey! Since this is my first year with an AP, I’m definitely leaning toward a solo trip sometime in 2019. Maybe when the opening date of SWGE is announced, I’ll book something... I know it will be crazy but I’d love to try and see it when it’s new.

Your plans sound great, @absolutmey! Since this is my first year with an AP, I’m definitely leaning toward a solo trip sometime in 2019. Maybe when the opening date of SWGE is announced, I’ll book something... I know it will be crazy but I’d love to try and see it when it’s new.

#firstworldproblems with how many times to get use out of that AP, huh? ;)

YES for solo trips! I'll be flying in the day you're leaving so hopefully you leave some happy thoughts for us as you go!

just realized that once I come back from this January trip, I won't have another trip to look forward to until fall 2020!! :guilty: almost two whole years!

Nothing new to report, really. Just sharing that I'm going to WDW in 3 days!

:jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!