Third Time's the Charm! A June, Oct/Nov and Dec '19 PTR complete 12/22!

Awesome idea and ears!

I didn't realize the characters were out and about on Halloween; sounds like a solid plan and what could be more relaxing than Halloween fireworks from Trader Sam's?:goodvibes

Thank you!

I found out a couple years ago and now it's our favorite Halloween tradition!

Friday November 1st plans

This will be an early morning for us because it's the morning of the Wine and Dine 5k!

It's not only our first Disney race, but our first race of any kind! I'm nervous because I don't know what to expect but also excited. We'll probably end up walking most of it since we haven't been training like we should be. I'm sure it will still be a fun, new experience for us and hopefully will motivate us to actually start running to train for future races! Plus, I'm hoping there will be some fun characters to meet.

I made a bunch of different breakfast reservations for after the race this morning since I'm not exactly sure what to expect on timing. I'm thinking though that it might be smarter to cancel them all and just see what's available when we are ready to eat that morning.

We have afternoon FPs for Magic Kingdom:

12-1 pm: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
1-2: Peter Pan's Flight
2:10-3:10: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Then, we have 5:45 pm reservations for Be Our Guest! We haven't had dinner here since it became a signature meal and I'm interested in trying it. Mike isn't convinced that it's worth it because he didn't like it much with the old menu and wants to cancel it.

Either way, the park is closing at 6 pm for the final night of MNSSHP so we'll need to leave by 6 or after dinner and I think it will be the perfect night to enjoy some resort time since we'll be waking up so early!

Good luck on the Wine and Dine 5K! (When it occurs.) My husband convinced me to do the Expedition Everest 5k Challenge back in 2011 with only 7 weeks to train. I walked most of it, and still thought it was an incredibly fun time. Now I'm a sucker for all things runDisney. I really hope you have a similar experience and enjoy wearing that medal around the parks the rest of the day. :goodvibes

Good luck on the Wine and Dine 5K! (When it occurs.) My husband convinced me to do the Expedition Everest 5k Challenge back in 2011 with only 7 weeks to train. I walked most of it, and still thought it was an incredibly fun time. Now I'm a sucker for all things runDisney. I really hope you have a similar experience and enjoy wearing that medal around the parks the rest of the day. :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm expecting to become hooked after it and hoping it will motivate me to become more active :rotfl:

Saturday November 2 plans

We've made some changes to the beginning part of our trip.

1. We cancelled our Cruella's reservations. The reviews I've seen are only so-so and Mike really had no interest in it from the beginning lol. Plus, our touring plan for the party really banks on us seeing the first parade and maximizing short character lines towards the end of the night so i just couldn't adjust it where I was happy seeing the second parade.

2. We've officially become Universal Annual Passholders! In making that choice, Volcano Bay got the axe for this trip. The only day we could fit it in was the first day we switched hotels and I was majorly stressing about getting there for opening with the move. It's been almost 3 years since we spent any time in the Universal parks other than HHN and I'm excited to have more days to take our time and enjoy those parks.

It's also part of my tactic to get a trip in March to go to Flower and Garden, use our UOAPs and get to Volcano Bay but shh don't tell Mike that lol.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled trip planning!

We have big breakfast plans this morning at Chefs de France for the Food and Wine Parisian breakfast!

mimosas.jpg
(stolen from google)

This is the event I was most excited to book for unlimited cheese, carbs and mimosas!

I'm thinking we'll take a Lyft to the Beach Club this morning since I doubt they'll let us park there and it'll be easier than trekking all the way from the main entrance.

I've read that breakfast goes until 10:30 AM so I booked a Frozen FP for 10:55-11:55. Hopefully we'll find a short wait for the sisters before our ride.

After that, we'll see what we want to do. I'm thinking some World Showcase time before it gets too packed might be nice then maybe head to Future World. I'm not 100% sure what will and won't be open by this point. There's too much happening to keep up!

I booked reservations for the Candy Sushi workshop at 3:30 but I feel we may feel out of place without children and may cancel it lol :rotfl: . Anyone done this without kids??

The rest of the night is open to play by ear!

Probably a wise call cancelling the Cruella party, doesn't seem like you'll be missing much!

Congrats on becoming Universal APs!

Sounds like a good time at Epcot planned! Can't wait to hear about the breakfast!

All caught up!

I’m not sure when I last commented so I’m just going to leave some random thoughts and hope I make sense.... not sure how this is different then what I normally post!

You are going to love the 5K! I did the tink one in Disneyland years ago and I’ve been dying to do another one!!! We are doing one in Feb! I’m hoping to make it a bit of a habit!

I would plan on showering before breakfast and I think your safe with 9/930 but I also like the idea of grabbing what you can when you know your timing. It can vary for sure!

I love your scam for a march trip! Girl after my own heart!! Not going to lie I’m a bit jel you’ll have APs to universal! I am dying to get back there, but probably not till 2021.... Ugh I’m trying to find time for at least one more trip before out AP expires and I’m having such a hard time! Who needs school right??

If you do candy sushi let me know how it is! I ended up canceling mine because it’s such a short trip I get like it wasn’t worth it but if I had 2 weeks I wouldn’t have canceled!! Do it!!!

Probably a wise call cancelling the Cruella party, doesn't seem like you'll be missing much!

That's how I felt about it and I'd much rather spend the time meeting characters...even if they're the exact same as last year lol

Congrats on becoming Universal APs!

Thank you!

Sounds like a good time at Epcot planned! Can't wait to hear about the breakfast!

I'm so excited for the breakfast!

I’m not sure when I last commented so I’m just going to leave some random thoughts and hope I make sense.... not sure how this is different then what I normally post!

This is me all of the time lol

You are going to love the 5K! I did the tink one in Disneyland years ago and I’ve been dying to do another one!!! We are doing one in Feb! I’m hoping to make it a bit of a habit!

Ugh I want to do the princess race weekend so bad and Mike is just not on board lol

I would plan on showering before breakfast and I think your safe with 9/930 but I also like the idea of grabbing what you can when you know your timing. It can vary for sure!

I definitely will want to shower before breakfast lol. 9-9:30 is what I was thinking too but I'm leaning towards going back to OKW, showering and seeing what comes up on the app!

I love your scam for a march trip! Girl after my own heart!! Not going to lie I’m a bit jel you’ll have APs to universal! I am dying to get back there, but probably not till 2021.... Ugh I’m trying to find time for at least one more trip before out AP expires and I’m having such a hard time! Who needs school right??

:rotfl: :rotfl: Always scamming for another Disney trip lolol. It's been so long since we had any Universal time other than HHN that I'm dying to get back there! It's def harder with little ones because there's so much less for them to do there.

If you do candy sushi let me know how it is! I ended up canceling mine because it’s such a short trip I get like it wasn’t worth it but if I had 2 weeks I wouldn’t have canceled!! Do it!!!

I really want to do it even if it's all children and us :rotfl::rotfl:. It won't be the first time I'm in an event intended for children!!

Sunday November 3 plans

We're starting this day with the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour at 8 AM and I am beyond excited! Getting to go backstage at the Haunted Mansion is a dream and I can't wait! With our AP discount, this came to $88 and change for both of us which is a steal to me! Also, it actually linked to our MDE which is fantastic that they're added this for tours.

The only problem is this is also the day we have California Grill brunch booked! When I called to book the tour, I didn't realize it was only offered certain days of the week and this was the only day it fit.

Our brunch reservation is at 11:30 and it's a 3 hour tour so in theory we'll JUST make it. Has anyone done this tour? What time and where did it finish? I've set an alert to try to move brunch back but I'm not convinced anything will come up.

Hopefully it will all work out because I'm very excited for this brunch! The rest of our plans for the day are to spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom in the afternoon and then rest at our resort until the Post-Race party at Epcot.

I still have to get tickets for this. We got them very cheap on Facebook last year from someone not going so I'm hopeful we can do that again. I know I've shared pictures of this on here already but last year we really enjoyed meeting rare characters and snacking from Food and Wine booths until 1 AM!

Also, I want to share my new bag since you guys will appreciate it unlike everyone else lol.

IMG-6280.JPG

Harvey's just released this line based on the old cartoon and I'm obsessed with it! It combines my love of Disney and Halloween perfectly!

Monday November 4 plans

Two weeks from today, we will be starting our drive to Disney!!

giphy.gif

I recently changed shifts at work and now work 3 pm-3 am (instead of 7 pm- 7 am) and I'm really hoping that this one night, I can get permission to take my break at 1 and leave so we can get an earlier start on the road!

We're both working a ton and really only see each other in passing lol or on rare days we both have off so that overwhelming feeling of "our trip is coming up and we won't be ready" is setting in.

I'm trying to focus on gathering up everything we're bringing instead of changing our plans a million more times lol.

I did manage to snag us these Christmas snack magicband upgrades and I'm so excited!

xmas magicbands.JPG

Our plans for November 4 are to spend the day at Hollywood Studios!

We have fastpasses:

9:30-10:30 am: Slinky Dog
10:35-11:35 Star Tours
11:35-12:35 Muppetvision

And for the 912 time I'll complain about the tiers at DHS. So annoying!

I had booked us a reservation for lunch at Minnie's Seasonal Dine but for some reason the characters are in their Halloween outfits until November 7?? We've eaten there several times and seen their Halloween outfits but never for Christmas so I cancelled it.

Instead, we have a 1:15 lunch reservation at Olivia's Cafe! I've heard great things about it and since we're staying at OKW, it's the perfect time to try it. We can also enjoy some resort time and then head back to the park in the afternoon and enjoy some more park time and Fantasmic!

Tuesday November 5 plans

This is the day we'll be checking out of OKW and into Pop. I've planned it as a "down" day since we'll be changing resorts. It will be nice to enjoy the amenities at OKW for one last day before the move.

I did make an early dinner reservation at Wine Bar George for 4:45 since I've been wanting to eat there forever.

Epcot has PM EMH from 9 pm-11pm this night so I might make us some fastpasses there in case we want to take advantage.

So exciting that you are doing the tour! Hopefully you will have no issue making it to brunch.

Ugh that stinks you won't get to see the Christmas outfits at H&V!

Last Post Before Our Trip!

So our trip is rapidly approaching! We're packing and organizing today since it's our last free day together before we leave! The timeframe goes:

Saturday: work 3 pm- 3 am
Sunday: work brunch at 11, work 3 pm- 3 am
Monday: work 3 pm- 3 am
Tuesday: work 11 am - 11 pm

While I'm at work Tuesday, Mike will pack the car up after work and then pick me up from work and we will start driving! The plan is to drive straight through and get to his mom's house sometime on the 23rd. We'll spend the rest of the 23rd and the morning of the 24th with her and then we're off to Disney!

The plans for our last 4 days of our trip are:

November 6: We'll spend the morning in Hollywood Studios. We have a lunch ADR at 50s Prime Time and a reservation for Oga's Cantina! We'll hop to Magic Kingdom at night to see Happily Ever After. Somewhere around here was the first night of the castle lighting last year so it would be a bonus if we could see that also.

November 7: This is an open day. Epcot has AM EMH if we want to take advantage. I'm also throwing around the idea of driving to St. Augustine. There's a new Halloween themed bar open in Orlando called Cocktails and Screams so I'd like to try to go there at night.

Friday November 8: Disney Springs in the morning and then Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party! We have lunch reservations at Homecomin' which we've never eaten at! I also booked the Plaza garden dessert party for MVMCP because it's the first party, already sold out and it's the first night of the new fireworks so it will be nice to have the reserved viewing!

November 9: I signed us up for the Challenge for Hope fun run at Give Kids the World village in the morning. My older sister had a wish trip which was our only childhood trip and we stayed at the village so it means a lot to me.

Afterwards, we plan to spend some time in Animal Kingdom with a reservation at Tusker House to see some of the new holiday stuff, then at night we'll be in Hollywood Studios and do the Jinglebell Jinglebam dessert party!

Here's some pictures I dug up from the scrapbooks my mom made us from our trip in 2000. They're pictures of pictures so they're blurry- sorry!

IMG-6435.jpg
IMG-6436.jpg

So I probably won't make it back here before we leave but this PTR will remain open for the trip my little sister and I are taking in December!

I'm not sure I'll start this trip report right away when we return since I'm still slowly moving in our June one so I may try to spend more time wrapping that one up first!

If anyone wants to follow along with the trip on insta, you can find me at @courtneysfairytaletravels and @courtneyeliizabeth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!