Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

The Messiest Of Nights
10/2/19: HHN Night #6

I'm gonna be honest. I took awful notes for this night and I barely noted what houses we did or anything. It was night 6 which is usually beyond what most do for this event. I did keep track of how many times I did each house, but it's tough to track back on the daily.

In short, please bare with me on this update.

After we left that area of the park, we made our way on over to Vanity Ball. I might've gotten a refill along the way. As far as I know I was really drinking this night so that was happening.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I know I've talked at length about how much I loved Vanity, but this night was the night where it definitely was the place to be for my squad. We spent ample time and we were especially having fun with the scare actress with her extra arm. She was trolling that runway so wonderfully and we were just having the best time hyping her up. This went on for quite awhile and per usual, our energy attracted all the other scare actors. She was our favorite though.

Also, this guy.

Click to watch!

They ended up cutting that prop and that whole shtick a little later into the event. I'm sad because it was so funny. Ugh, this poor scare zone kept getting changed and re-edited way more than I feel the other ones did.

After our time in there, I can't recall if we did Klowns this night, but I do know I did make a point to stop and get a photo with the boys out front since I was wearing my Klownzilla shirt on this night.

We did end up over at Anarch-cade.

Click to watch!

We might've stopped for a food or another drink along the way in here. I can't remember exactly but then we were in Zombieland: Double Tap for a minute.

Click to watch!

This zone really had so much potential. I mean, I'm pretty sure that clown zombie was never actually out in the zone and only existed in this stage show, even though it easily could've been the scariest thing about the entire zone. Ugh.

I believe it was about this time that Becky and Emily might've split off from us. They were on the morning shift track so their nights at HHN generally ended fairly early while Adam and I were good to go for the rest of the evening. Adam still hadn't seen Academy of Villains so I took him there next.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

He enjoyed it. He's not a big theater show person though. I however was starting to really get into it. I wasn't crazy about it at first, probably because of the circumstances of that night. This night however I thought it was really fun. Not to mention, I could sense the crowds were getting really into it. It was a good time.

After, I believe we made a stop for yet another drink in which I really was getting hit by the booze. I was feeling pretty tipsy. I believe this was when I tried the Blood Pit, which was another lackluster one. Although they are more my speed than the beer that most drink at the event, I agree the specialty drinks can be watered down and really nothing great. Granted with enough drinking of them, they worked themselves out.

I can't remember what we did for houses next. I know Adam hadn't done some so I think we did those which might've included Yeti, House of 1000 Corpses, Nightingales and then I think we might've done a second run through Monsters on this night too. We also did Ghostbusters again and I was fairly tipsy for that so that was fun. I have a video of me being the only person in line singing along to the song lmao. I would post but I can't seem to edit the caption which isn't exactly DIS appropriate, but yeah that happened.

We also rode Mummy again on this night.

Click to watch!

After Mummy, as I said in the video, we went right on back to a rather quiet Vanity Ball. It was here when we ran into our favorite girl again.

And Venus, this guy's name by the way.

Here's some more clips of the fun during the second time around.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

We also got some selfies with our favorite.

And I had a little photoshoot with the girl without a heart. I believe Maestro, that's the MC, named her Angelina. I felt our green inspired ensembles matched well.

After that, I believe we headed out. I did however request a photoshoot with the green lit arcade game in Anarch-cade. It matched my look so well and I got probably some of my favorite photos from the event over.

Then, it was time to say goodbye. I believe the event was about over so we basically had a whole night covered and Adam had been able to do everything including AOV. We love a successful spooky evening.

Adam drove me home since we both lived in Vista so that was nice to not have to spend money on the Uber back. We also listened to some of my favorite Halloween music.

Click to watch!

If you've followed my TRs or my life long enough, you know Rocky Horror has a very special place in my heart.

I was pretty beat when we got back to Vista. It was a long day and I stayed for a full evening so I was immediately off to bed. I was back at work the next day so rest was necessary, but a great exhausting night put me right out. Thank you again, Horror Nights!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Every time I see your photo shoots, the first thing that goes thru my mind is, why isn't he a model??? I think you missed your calling... But if the choice was between modeling or being a Disney CM, Disney wins every time!!!

Definitely love the make-up look you went with this night!!

And this pic looks like it belongs on an event map or something for HHN. Glad you finally got the pics you really wanted here!!
49926594156_d3a4832434_c.jpg

Now I do like that look! Great pics!!

Thank you!!

Every time I see your photo shoots, the first thing that goes thru my mind is, why isn't he a model??? I think you missed your calling... But if the choice was between modeling or being a Disney CM, Disney wins every time!!!

Oh my gosh, stop. You're too kind. Honestly, I'm far from a model. I was always headed towards cast member life or something else. Never model lol

Oooo, your pics are amaaaaazing! And your makeup is on point 🙌

Thank you so much!! :teeth:

Definitely love the make-up look you went with this night!!

Thank you!! I was so happy with how it came out.

And this pic looks like it belongs on an event map or something for HHN. Glad you finally got the pics you really wanted here!!

Oh gosh, thank you! You're too sweet. But IMAGINE.

We Should Not Be Allowed On The Skyliner Again
10/3 – 10/4/19: Work Plus Cantina Induced Fun

October 3rd, 2019

I actually have absolutely nothing written about this day. It was definitely a work day as I mentioned before, but it was insignificant which means it was a pretty decent day. As I said before, things were starting to look up. I do recall being asked by Erin if I wanted join her and Dina for a morning at Oga's the next day. I wasn't off so I knew I wouldn't be able to partake much, but I couldn't possibly pass up a visit so I was going to Oga's for the first time the next day.

October 4th, 2019

I got up fairly early on this day. Erin and Dina wanted to get there as close to opening as possible (I believe we got there around 9am). Dina and I timed it so that we took the bus together then met up with Erin ahead of security. Note this was back when Rise wasn't opened yet and the land had already been opened a month so it was pretty quiet at Studios these days (can you believe?)

We went directly to Batuu upon entering the parks. On the way to Oga's, we got stopped by the First Order.

Click to watch!

Then, it was to the Cantina. We didn't have a reservation so we went in as walk-ins, but they barely had reservations in the morning so we probably waited no more than 15 minutes. Things you probably wouldn't see all that much of.

When we were brought in, the cantina was rather empty and we were put at a table, which are pretty cool looking.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Soon enough, our waitress came over to give us the lowdown on the rules. I can't remember all of them exactly but I believe you can't be in there more than 40 minutes and it's a two drink maximum. I can guarantee that it is a two drink maximum and for good reason.

Both Erin and Dina went immediately for those two drinks while I just opted for one. All three of us did end up getting the Fuzzy Tauntaun, the most infamous drink at Cantinas. Erin got the Jedi Mind Trick I believe while Dina got the Yub Nub. Here is all our drinks together.

Then, I had to have a photoshoot with just my Fuzzy.

Not nearly the most flattering, but they feel very Oga's.

My thoughts on the Fuzzy? It's really cool. Really strong, but that goes for all of Oga's libations. The numbing part of it I thought was really fun. I know people have mixed feelings on it. Erin was not a fan and Dina wasn't feeling it either, but I enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure I was the first to finish my Fuzzy. Of course, that also could be the fact it was the only drink I had while Erin and Dina had one other.

They shared a sip with me of each of their drinks. Or at least I think I tried Dina's Yub Nub and we all agreed it was the best flavored one (it was the one in the non-glass cup). The Jedi Mind Trick mostly tasted like straight alcohol (the blue one).

As a whole, we did drink up quickly then were given the check. We paid up and were on our way. Before leaving however, we all wanted some pics with DJ R3X himself.

Click to watch!

If you couldn't tell, Erin went first. Then, it was my turn.

First, we tried with flash.

I was not a particular fan of that so then we did it without.

And BAM!

In comes Erin, planting a big smooch on my cheek! If this wasn't telling of the fact that the alcohol was starting to hit us, I don't know what will.

Or maybe this will...

Click to watch!

I was only a little tipsy at this point, but Erin and Dina were definitely feeling it so I was kind of in a state of contact drunk. When we got out of Oga's, the park had started to liven up so it was not nearly as quiet as when we first got there. Erin wanted to ride the Millennium Falcon, but Dina and I both looked at the 45 minute wait and were like no. Erin was persistent, but she eventually just accepted we weren't budging.

We ended up wandering on over to Sunset where Erin got another drink and we both started singing "Thank You For The Music" for no reason whatsoever. After that, we all decided to go ride the Skyliner. It was opened by now after all! At this point, Erin and Dina were certifiably gone. We did a whole round trip going to Epcot and back. The ride involved a lot of singing ABBA and various other music including Dina hitting the high note in Phantom of the Opera. Just imagine that but add-in all three of us having tasted some of the strongest drinks in the galaxy less than an hour prior. It was a good time.

Eventually, we got back. I was far from being even mildly tipsy any longer and had to go to work. Dina and Erin had other plans for the day so we split off.

I don't remember what exactly happened during my shift. I know that some people we had run into prior and after our Oga's visit were surprised to see me on my own two feet. But really, no matter how strong that Fuzzy was, it wasn't gonna leave me out-of-commission. I'm guessing it was a fun shift and I was pretty beat by the end since I did get to Studios fairly early.

Of course, this was only just the beginning of my week working, but we'll get to the rest of it soon. Stay tuned!

Continue Here

Last edited:

We ended up wandering on over to Sunset where Erin got another drink and we both started singing "Thank You For The Music" for no reason whatsoever.
Because WHY NOT!? "Thanks for all the jooooooy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honesttyyyyy, what would life beeeeee??" Now, I've got to bust out ABBA Gold for my drive to work later....thank ya!

The ride involved a lot of singing ABBA and various other music including Dina hitting the high note in Phantom of the Opera.
Sounds like the beginnings of a perfect day, honestly!! Too bad you had to go to work, because I think it would have been an amazing day filled with tipsy notes for sure. That would have been fun, LOL.

Late Night Lightsaber Building, Cups Of Moscato, Bed Bugs And Other Coping Mechanisms
10/5 – 10/10/19: The Longest Week Of Work Ever

October 5th & 6th, 2019

I believe it was the day prior or on this day exactly, but I got a text from my roommate Carlos letting us known that he had found bed bugs in his room.

Yup, you heard me right, BED BUGS.

giphy.gif

As a result, we had to start preparing for a cleaning. This meant every article of clothing or cloth had to be washed and put into these massive bags we got from the service center in preparation. The cleaning was to be on the 7th and gosh I was stressed. We also had to be out of the apartment on the day of the cleaning, which added to my stress. Far from a fun week for me.

Worst part was that meant I had to return the now defunct original Sunset Ranch costume that I had been hoarding since I picked up that one shift at Ranch. Now, it just made more sense to dump it in the costume return bin at cast services along with a lot of other costume pieces that would be difficult to replace since they were running so low on things in Galaxy's Edge.

But RIP to this little ensemble.

I'm not sure how work went on these days but I know that I was not about much. I let leaders and coordinators know about the situation. Every knew, just in case it resulted in me running late or having to call out. It was quite the ordeal.

October 7th, 2019

On the day of the cleaning, the 7th, I got up mega early to wash my sheets and bring over the sheet we had to fill out with my roommates to get more things to help prepare for the cleaning. Not a fun morning at all. I ended up going to work rather early since I didn't want to have to wander Vista aimlessly until the pest control guy was done.

I don't remember what I did but I know I was not in the mood when I went to Studios on this day.

Click to watch!

Let's just say the 7th was not the greatest day at work following the early morning I had as well as the energy in Studios on this day. I also found out not long before my shift started that my own room was completely clear of bed bugs. He still cleaned it out but he found nothing so I was free to move back in when I got home. It was good news, but it lowkey bothered me since I had to do so much for there to be nothing wrong on my side of the house.

This did mean Will and Carlos weren't in the clear. The guy was coming back the next day to do some more cleaning and that was all I knew. Both were staying with friends for the time being, which was also not great for me since my roommate and I were definitely in the "we're not talking" phase so coming home, having to unpack with only him around... I was not looking forward to any of it.

Anyways, to the shift at hand. I can't remember exactly what happened on this day but I know I was drained and was being tested all day. I struggled and while we did close on time, I also was left on my lonesome at the end of the night. It was not the way I envisioned ending my day, but honestly it became such a positive. I really needed my time away from people and I just stuck around in the workshop because why not?

I had about 30 minutes and was enjoying the quiet so after doing some extra double checks, I decided to build my dream saber.

It's the little things. Also, for the record, the saber I did eventually build did switch the cartusian whalebone and bantha leather grips around. Why would you not put the bantha leather on the bottom to be able to hold the saber with?

Eventually, it was time to clock out and head home.

It had rained on this day and was set to rain quite a bit more that week so I grabbed as many of my bags in front of our door into the house. I wasn't able to unpack all of them. I had a more pressing matter.

Yeah, it really was one of those nights. Weeks. I just needed some moscato. For my sanity and to help get me to sleep. Cheers to all that.

October 8th, 2019

From what I remember, the 8th was a rather rainy day. I was the only one home, thinking I didn't have to vacate the premises for the pest guys second visit, but he was very shocked when I happened to be in the apartment. Kinda angry. I didn't realize I had to be gone since it sounded like he was just spraying the other room, but whatever. He let me stay and I just kept the door shut. No biggie. Unfortunately, when he was finished and I had just hopped out of the shower, he told me that he would be back again just to check on things in a few days and left. Yeah, real awkward morning.

I can't speak much to the shift so we're gonna jump ahead to the 9th.

October 9th & 10th, 2019

I had a morning shift on this day. Epcot Forever had recently premiered and I was DYING to go see it. My shift ended just in time to rush over so I had that on the mind the whole time I worked, once I clocked out I basically bolted to costuming, fast-changed then practically ran from Studios all the way to Epcot. (This also might've been the night that the skyliner incident happened since I recall it being at a standstill when I went over.)

Click to watch!

And I did make in time with quite a bit of time to spare.

Click to watch!

It was definitely feeling like a "treat yourself" week so I got myself the Le Passion Martini Slushy from the France booth.

Le Passion Martini Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice

You honestly can never go wrong with France's drinks. They not only are delicious but so perfectly strong. Easily my favorite country for drinks at this point. Granted I never gave Mexico too too much of a chance, but I don't find the margs there to be all that spectacular from the one or two I've tried.

ANYWAYS, I was here for Epcot Forever which started not long after I got my slushy and plopped myself down in my usual spot in Germany.

And what did I think?

I really enjoyed it. I thought it was really cute. I think people give it way too much flack for a show that came in as filler while they perfect the technology for HarmoniUS. It's a nice little tribute to the history of Epcot, which is rarely ever done. It's nice to look back on what once was. I do agree that "A Whole New World" feels weird, but it kinda works when you think about it. Again, it made me emotional so I like it! I mean, not to be too controversial, but I'd watch Epcot Forever over Happily Ever After any day. *shrugs*

I peaced out pretty quickly after Epcot Forever ended and fell fast asleep. Again, it was a long week so sleep was not hard to come by for me.

Once again, we have an in-between day of the 10th, which I don't have much to talk about. I'm guessing it was a good day since things really started to not be as stressful or grim as they were before. However, the 11th was my day off! And like I said, it was a "treat yourself" type of day/week/life so I had BIG plans for that day!

I cannot wait to share the stories of that day with you all!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Because WHY NOT!? "Thanks for all the jooooooy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honesttyyyyy, what would life beeeeee??" Now, I've got to bust out ABBA Gold for my drive to work later....thank ya!

EXACTLY. It is just so joyful. We would sing it backstage a lot sober after this because WHY NOT?! And you're very welcome! Reigniting one's love of ABBA is my gift to the world.

Sounds like the beginnings of a perfect day, honestly!! Too bad you had to go to work, because I think it would have been an amazing day filled with tipsy notes for sure. That would have been fun, LOL.

It was a really fun day. The energy I needed before a shift even if it fell off pretty quickly. Post-drinking life is never exactly a good jump up, but it's always fun to look back on days like that.

You honestly can never go wrong with France's drinks. They not only are delicious but so perfectly strong. Easily my favorite country for drinks at this point. Granted I never gave Mexico too too much of a chance, but I don't find the margs there to be all that spectacular from the one or two I've tried.
Loved the pink ones from last year's Flower and Garden....I can't even think what it was, but it was definitely in France!! :)

I really like the strawberry margaritas in Mexico, BUT it enrages me to drink it with a paper straw!

From what I remember, the 8th was a rather rainy day. I was the only one home, thinking I didn't have to vacate the premises for the pest guys second visit, but he was very shocked when I happened to be in the apartment. Kinda angry. I didn't realize I had to be gone since it sounded like he was just spraying the other room, but whatever. He let me stay and I just kept the door shut. No biggie. Unfortunately, when he was finished and I had just hopped out of the shower, he told me that he would be back again just to check on things in a few days and left. Yeah, real awkward morning.

I can't imagine how frustrating that whole experience was.

I can't speak much to the shift so we're gonna jump ahead to the 9th.

You actually assisted my young son as he assembled his lightsaber during this shift. I checked my pictures, and sure enough you were there! It was an incredible experience for the two of us, so thank you for that. :)

Loved the pink ones from last year's Flower and Garden....I can't even think what it was, but it was definitely in France!! :)

If it's from France, we have to love it.

I really like the strawberry margaritas in Mexico, BUT it enrages me to drink it with a paper straw!

Don't even get me started on those awful things. I got so fed up I'm now stocked up on reusable straws.

I can't imagine how frustrating that whole experience was.

I almost borderline got in a fight with the pest guy, but I played dumb. It was just not a good week. But hey, no more bed bugs!

You actually assisted my young son as he assembled his lightsaber during this shift. I checked my pictures, and sure enough you were there! It was an incredible experience for the two of us, so thank you for that. :)

Omg did I really? That's wild! I'd love to see the photos if you don't mind sharing. I have no photos of me actually working at Savi's. I'm so glad you both had good experiences! :teeth:

I DID WHAT IN MY THREE FAVORITE HHN29 HOUSES?! Part I
10/11/19: HHN Night #7 & Unmasking The Horror Tour

Click to watch!

Click to BOOMERANG!

Once again, on my day off, we've returned to Universal! Of course, today we had more exciting plans.

I've known about the Unmasking The Horror tour for awhile. Yes, this was mostly due to TimTracker videos. At this point though, Courtney had recently done it with her dad. It was her first year doing it and she said it was awesome. She also told me which houses they went through and I was just bent on doing it. Eventually, I had some money left over as well as the perfect day off lined up so I decided to book it!

To explain for those who don't know, the Unmasking The Horror tour is a backstage lights on tour of some of the houses at Halloween Horror Nights. They've been doing it every year for awhile. The outline of it has changed a bit since adding houses and such. This year, they had two options. You could either do the 3 house tour or the 6 house tour. Obviously, two different price points. You don't know this when you book it, but this year in particular those were two very different tours. If you did the 3 house tour, it would be 3 houses not on the 6 house tour. I can only speak to the 3 house tour since that is what I choose to do so I have no clue what 6 houses were chosen, but it meant only one house at the event this year did not have a tour.

Anyways, enough exposition, let's get to do how this day began. I believe I got to Universal a bit early for my tour so I ended up hanging out in the park. I don't remember if I did any rides or anything but I know I wasn't in there too too long. I believe this was when I got this photo.

Just the coolest display!

The email with my reservation confirmation number and such said I should go to the VIP tours office that they have, but I soon discovered signs pointing me towards Blue Man Group. These seemed pretty official so I followed them.

It was along this path I finally discovered where the old Nickelodeon Studios building was.

If you weren't aware, that was where they used to film a lot of Nickelodeon shows and way back when Universal first opened, you could tour it as well as be part of the filming of various shows. Just one of the few hidden relics of Universal's past to be found.

The signs guided me right to the entrance to the Blue Man Group building, where there was a Team Member at a podium. I had my phone out with my reservation number on it, but he just asked for my name and told me to wait at one of the tables on the left side. I was welcome to any refreshments or whatever at the box office. I believe I might've invested in a water bottle here or that might've been inside Universal prior.

Anyways, I ended up chilling for quite a bit.

Eventually, the tour guides started coming out to gather their groups. They all wore hospital scrubs which I always thought was a fun choice for this event. The first guide who came out was there for the 6 house tour and that was surprisingly a much larger group. Then, it was the other half of the room which was my group. I wish I could remember our guides name but she was really sweet. She went around to everyone, myself included, the one loner, asked us questions about our familiarity with the event and such. She thought I was a Team Member at first, which was pretty funny. I did tell her I worked for Disney and that came up a bit as we went on the tour. She asked me after about my favorite houses this year and then revealed to me that we'd be going through those three. The three being Universal Monsters, Graveyard Games AND Killer Klowns From Outer Space! BLESSED.

She also gave us this cool button.

She did discuss later in the tour but SIF (pronounced "sif") stands for "Stuff In Face." It's what the house designers put in the houses for you to walk through that gives an added sense to stimulate while you walk through. They have a lot of acronyms, but I'll get to more of those later.

After she had introduced herself to everyone, it was time to head out. It was a nice small group. There was me then these two girls who worked at haunts back where they lived, this older family of 3 who were very much HHN vets (and used scooters to get around, but actually drove them very well) and then a much younger family of 4 who had said they probably wouldn't be going to the event. Really interesting group, but ended up being a pretty fun group.

She first took us into the park by way of the sound stages where we passed by the one that was gonna be used for Grinchmas and had most of the set already set up. She also pointed out where some of the houses are back there. Once we got into the Studios park, she gave us an introduction to what HHN is and some fun facts about the park before heading all the way to the back, through some neat backstage areas.

We went all the way to where the tent houses were. We stopped out in front of Nightingales where she told us a bit about that house. The coolest fun fact was how they had completely prepped that facade to be hurricane proof and it was made of some fire retardant styrofoam substitute that can withstand hurricane winds. It was crazy knowing that.

Then, she let us get some photos. Fair warning, if you don't do well with gore, there is a lot of gore coming up in this tour, but especially in this photo set.

She also noted that the horse the nightingale is feeding on was used in a prior house. I can't remember which one it was, but apparently that horse has quite a history with HHN. We love recycling.

Next, we continued along to the first house we toured.

My absolute favorite off the bat! Love that for me. I think now that we are touring the houses I'll post the photos I got then describe a bit of what was discussed while going through the house. I wasn't allowed to take photos of everything so for the possible few who are reading this who have been through these houses will notice the gaps. Our guide used the terms "photos up" and "photos down" for when we could and couldn't take photos. It was a very efficient way for letting us know when photos were allowed.

Anyways, let's enjoy a lights on tour of Monsters!

First, the entrance/facade

Dracula's room:

Frankenstein room:

For the record, the rooms we missed: The Wolfman, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Phantom of the Opera and the Finale room.

Our guide, whose name was Stephanie I'm feeling so we're gonna call her Stephanie, and she told us about a lot of cool stuff. Like how the story is set in that entrance room. If you noticed, there was one statue not there and that was Wolfman. He does have one but you'll notice it's just paw marks and then that tomb you enter is labelled Talbot which is the name of the Wolfman. Right as you enter, he has a boo-hole where his statue is indeed alive.

We were also told that the bells you find in Hunchback's room were made of flower pots. They weren't actual bells but they were pretty convincing.

The last room specific fact was that finale room, which is a very low-ceiling dark room that the Wolfman and Dracula pop out at you in one last time. It is one of a few rooms in the houses where they put in a ceiling since having an actual ceiling in these houses requires a lot of extra logistics to be approved. The room also has many easter eggs but because it's so dark you can't see them but they have props from past houses as well as little artifacts pertaining to each monster including the Invisible Man I believe.

Also, the reason Frankenstein was the last monster to get a room was because the designers liked his redesign the most. For the record, the monsters in the Universal Monsters house were all redesigned to look more modern, which I should've known based on general knowledge but is pretty cool to know looking back.

She also noted all the transitions in the house like the chandelier crashing and the electricity popping leading one from Phantom into Frankenstein or the boat coffin leading from Creature to Dracula. So much attention to detail.

We also learned a bit about the logistics of houses like how cast changes work. Universal Monsters didn't have an A & B cast but a kind of looping system it seemed. I wish I had a way to describe it since I never saw it in action but it was cool sneaking into the back corridors where the scare actors hide.

Also, yes the places where scare actors jump out at you are called boo-holes. These boo-holes usually also hide a trigger. A trigger is usually a sound or lighting queue or mix of both that the scare actor jumps out too. Some are activated by the actors (Actor Activated Triggers or AAT, I believe), some are on a constant loop that the actor has to stick to while there is a small sub-group that is activated by guests (Guest Activated Triggers or GATs). We talked more about those when we got to Killer Klowns.

We also learned about stunts in this house. There are some cool ones like the bungee wolf that got me good my first night as well as Quasimodo ringing his bell. Stephanie explained how each stunt has to be outlined for a proper reset period, which is why Quasimodo is so hard to catch since he has to reset every time he does the stunt but he also has a trigger. The Wolfman is easier since his resets quicker. It also explains why sometimes I've missed these triggers or seen Quasimodo not connected to the bell since he has to be grounded for a certain amount of time due to the difficulty of the stunt. Not to mention, they only have so many stunts man so that adds to thinks so they really have to be careful and meticulous with the stunts they choose to do in their houses so Universal Monsters having TWO is a pretty big deal.

I think that about covers it for what she discussed. A lot is stuff we rehashed in the next few houses so it'll be less paragraphy as we go on.

Continue Here

I DID WHAT IN MY THREE FAVORITE HHN29 HOUSES?! Part II
10/11/19: HHN Night #7 & Unmasking The Horror Tour

Next, we went into Graveyard Games. Along the way, she pointed out that normally the buildings for these two houses are parade buildings hence why we walked past a parade float for Mardi Gras and the Vanity Ball runway.

The facade area of Graveyard Games is pretty photogenic so Stephanie almost immediately gave us the opportunity to get photos out of our system before continuing to talk about the house itself.

Then, into the house we went. This one doesn't really have rooms, just a continuous maze through a graveyard so just enjoy a walk through Ascension Parish Cemetery.

Most of the talk in Graveyard Games involved talking about the backstory. In case I didn't mention it before, the story of this house is Ascension Parish Cemetery in New Orleans, LA is protected by a specter known as the Glowing Mother. She watches over the cemetery as well as the children who like to play in the graveyard. It was a happy place until couple Sid and Nancy show up (yup, that's their official names), defiling the graveyard with graffiti and other forms of vandalism. As a result, the Glowing Mother and the ghosts of the cemetery are out for vengeance, which is where the sinister spooky nature of the house comes into play. In the house, you really see it all unfold as if it were a movie. First, seeing Sid running around with his can then his mask and can just left in some corner then eventually Sid and Nancy being scared to death as the graveyard absorbs them in.

First, she talks about the Sid actor that we see at the front since he is mic'd. Part of his dialogue is a trigger but then he's allowed to ad-lib. Very rarely do they ever have mic'd actors in houses, but this year they have two, Sid in Graveyard Games and Janine in Ghostbusters. Big big deal with them. (Sid might not actually have a mic but I swear he did.)

She also pointed out a bunch of easter eggs including ACTUAL EASTER EGGS IN THE HOUSE. Ya gotta love the sense of humor of the HHN designers.

When we got to my least favorite room, the children's room, she also gave us the fun fact that a few of the mannequins in the room can be moved around so when you go through the scare actors might not ever be in the exact same place. Adding more reason to be terrified of that place, granted I don't think I ever saw them be rearranged since my second run-through of that house.

We also found out that completely dark room with the creepy noises of children playing is not only completely dark but soundproof. Wild. It also is just as dark in the day time as it is at night. It's just easier to get to the other side since you can see the light filtering in from outside.

We then were in for quite the hike since the last house was Killer Klowns which was a bit of a walk. Along the way, I got to talking with the two girls and hearing about their first impressions. I also got asked by the family with the younger kids about working for Disney since it had come up. Again, really nice group despite being all over the place in terms of types of people.

As we walked through places like Central Park and Hollywood, Stephanie also gave us little tidbits about those scare zones, a lot of stuff I already knew. Eventually, we made it on over to Killer Klowns. Killer Klowns doesn't really have a facade so we just went right into that.

I definitely nerded out big time in this house. I was quoting the triggers and everything. It was awful. I even ruined one of Stephanie's little punchlines in the first room where Shorty is and they play "What you gonna do? Knock my block off" and he comes out swinging.

There wasn't a lot added in terms of informative discussion with this house. It also was the hardest house to photograph since it wasn't exactly a particularly eye-catching house and it was mostly neon colors against dark backgrounds much like the film. It has that B movie feel to it. I loved hearing about how certain Klowns rotate as well as how one of the house designers got to name a klown that the original filmmakers never named. Also, it was here I found out that one of the girl klowns you encounter, a certain body part inflates like it does briefly in the film and I never caught that before even if there is a sound effect with it.

There was also a note about how there used to be SIF in the entrance way of that house but they had to get rid of it because people were pulling them down. A perfect example of HHN "THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!"

She also discussed the fact that Killer Klowns is in the Shrek building and how that puts some restrictions when building the house such as a small hallway in one area and such. It was wild to hear that since I never even realized. Granted the last time I went through a Shrek house was the Krampus house back in 2016, but I still can't pinpoint when they had the small hallway in that house lol

We finally got to talking more about Guest Activated Triggers since Klowns is the one house with them. There are two rooms with GATs and we learned the tricks with them. The first one I believe is the person behind you gets sprayed with water, the second one is you get sprayed with water and the third one actually triggers a scare. Again, that all fits in with the sense of humor of the HHN designers. You get your friends then karma comes around and gets you.

After we got out of there, Stephanie kinda wrapped things up. She then asked if anyone was staying in the park. I shockingly was the only one so she brought me into the VIP tour guides room where she scanned me in the park and I was let back in.

Overall, I cannot recommend this tour enough! Especially if you are an HHN fan but even for the casual fan or someone who is hesitant. It gives you a nice little preview of the houses without spoiling them since the lights are on and scare actors aren't present. It also reveals secrets that might make the event more palatable. Again, I'd totally do this again if they offer it in future years. Hopefully not on my lonesome.

I was back in Universal now, no more tour and with a bit of time before I had to be in stay-and-scream. What to do now?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Omg did I really? That's wild! I'd love to see the photos if you don't mind sharing. I have no photos of me actually working at Savi's. I'm so glad you both had good experiences! :teeth:

Most of my pics were kind of iffy due to the combination of low light while juggling a camera and trying to help my son... lol. But I scrubbed through some of the video and found a few decent shots (though they're probably not the best).

Savi's was a great experience for us... my son and I are both huge Star Wars fans, and assembling the lightsaber with him was really special. The whole experience is really well done! I won't post any details since I don't want to spoil it for anyone. :)

Last edited:
There is still a hiring freeze at the domestic parks as far as I can see. I'm checking often and hoping that possibly they'll call me up to finish my CP, but... we'll see.

Fingers crossed you get called soon!!! 🙏

We're headed down in October, but not doing any parks... We're just going to relax and enjoy AKL... But my 12yo keeps asking when he can build a light saber so I'm sure next year we'll be visiting Savi's workshop next year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!