This Is Going To Be So GROOVY!

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/photos-te...n-resort-station-construction-update-3-25-19/

IMG_0596-1200x800.jpg

I don't deny that it will be a great transportation option -- but am I the only person who is a little nervous about getting in one of those things and traveling over water? Eek!

My family is looking forward to riding them, but not me.

I just can’t help but feel the view of the lake with the skyliner almost ready to go is the opposite of groovy.
Now all I see are big clotheslines in the sky.

The Gondolas will look a lot different without the white tarps.:)

Of course there will be Guests who hate them,but I think most Guests will absolutely LOVE the advantages of Disney Skyliner as compared to buses.:)

I don’t mind the look of the actual Gondolas, even with the white tarps on them. It’s the poles, wires, and clothesline’s I could do without. A necessary evil I guess. But I’ll miss the peaceful tranquility of Hourglass Lake.

I don’t mind the look of the actual Gondolas, even with the white tarps on them. It’s the poles, wires, and clothesline’s I could do without. A necessary evil I guess. But I’ll miss the peaceful tranquility of Hourglass Lake.
Disney Skyliner definitely,as a lot of things,has Pros and Cons.

It just depends on the individual as to whether the Pros outweigh the Cons or the Cons outweigh the Pros.:)

PROS

Better than buses environmentally

No more standing at a Bus Stop waiting for the bus!(The Skyliner will continuously load.)

No more walking long distances from the Park Bus Stops to the turnstiles(At DHS,Skyliner Guests will be closer than any bus to the turnstiles and at Epcot Skyliner Guests will be steps away from the turnstiles at IG.)

Most Guests will view Skyliner as their first Attraction of the day!("Flying" over Hourglass Lake will be seen as very GROOVY by most Guests.)

Skyliner will provide Guests with unique views of parts of WDW(if the timing is right maybe even a Gondola View of DHS and/or Epcot fireworks!).

No more being "packed like sardines" on a bus at Park Open and Park Close.:)

CONS

Eyesore-especially at CBR(not as much at AoA/POP as it "fits" better with the "over the top Disney" theming there).

Claustrophia concerns for Guests

Height concerns for Guests

Safety concerns for Guests

Disney Skyliner definitely,as a lot of things,has Pros and Cons.

It just depends on the individual as to whether the Pros outweigh the Cons or the Cons outweigh the Pros.:)

PROS

Better than buses environmentally

No more standing at a Bus Stop waiting for the bus!(The Skyliner will continuously load.)

No more walking long distances from the Park Bus Stops to the turnstiles(At DHS,Skyliner Guests will be closer than any bus to the turnstiles and at Epcot Skyliner Guests will be steps away from the turnstiles at IG.)

Most Guests will view Skyliner as their first Attraction of the day!("Flying" over Hourglass Lake will be seen as very GROOVY by most Guests.)

Skyliner will provide Guests with unique views of parts of WDW(if the timing is right maybe even a Gondola View of DHS and/or Epcot fireworks!).

No more being "packed like sardines" on a bus at Park Open and Park Close.:)

CONS

Eyesore-especially at CBR(not as much at AoA/POP as it "fits" better with the "over the top Disney" theming there).

Claustrophia concerns for Guests

Height concerns for Guests

Safety concerns for Guests

Lots of benefits for most guests for sure.
I’m happy for those who are excited. :)

It’s funny. I never feel like a sardine in a packed bus. I just stand by the door.
But I would definitely feel like a sardine in a Gondola, even if I was by myself on one.
Confinement in a very small space with no chance of escape if the Gondola comes to a stop while I’m on it = :scared1:

It’s funny. I never feel like a sardine in a packed bus. I just stand by the door.
I think a lot depends on the Driver-some REALY pack it full and others not so much.

And then there was that time we got "swallowed up" into a huge group of 15s when boarding an All-Star Sports bus at Magic Kingdom Park Close!lol:)

I think you all are making a lot of logical sense -- there are definite pros. But it's not the logical part of my brain that is scared to plummet to my death over hourglass lake. Though, I guess if I have to die in a horrible accident, I can't ask for better than that to happen at Disney.

I think you all are making a lot of logical sense -- there are definite pros. But it's not the logical part of my brain that is scared to plummet to my death over hourglass lake. Though, I guess if I have to die in a horrible accident, I can't ask for better than that to happen at Disney.
I think crashing into a paved parking lot would be worse than falling into the water. I'm not worried about the safety, but I'm generally afraid of heights, so there is no way I'm getting on one.

For those who don’t like the idea of riding in them, the nice thing is you won’t have to. AFAIK, buses will still run.

I am probably in the minority, but they look so cool and I can't wait to try them out. I wish they would be up and running when we go in June.
I am right there with you. I actually think it will be cool to see the gondolas going back and forth - like when you see the monorail going by.
Now they need to add a giant animatronic of tic toc croc in the water... Lol
I would LOVE that!

I hate gondolas. They scare the bejesus out of me. But i'd still ride if it means i'll save a ton of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter