This is just so sad,,and makes me ask WHY would someone do this?? I don't call it 'playing'??

If you watch that video and still think RCCL is to blame then you have lost all common sense.
You want to go crazy? Remember the Youtube video that's the "tour" of deck 11? Try reading the comments... specifically from "CatG". Sorry, you'll need to watch go to the YouTube page to actually read the comments.

Completely obvious from the video that the grandfather was totally at fault. He should be found guilty (but a prison sentence is not necessary IMO), and if the family continue with their clearly frivolous lawsuit, they should be required to pay RCCL’s legal fees.
(On edit, having read some of the wilder theories in the thread, come on now, of course this was not a pre-planned murder. This is real life, not a wildly far-fetched miniseries).

Last edited:
He now says that he stood her on the railing so should could bang on the glass, just like the hockey games.

Who the heck would even stand a toddler on a railing for something that high?

I understand that the family is devastated, but it’s not the cruise’s fault. It’s a grandfather who made a terrible error in judgement. The family wants to blame the cruise ship company, at least partially, so they can live with this I think.

If he couldn't reach the glass when leaning over, why the heck would he hold her up there to bang on the glass that's too far to reach?

One of the interviews he did said that she couldn’t reach the bottom glass. He tried. I thought maybe it was at a lean and made it hard to reach but I think someone here discounted that. But they did ask him why.

I don't think the attorney pictures are helping their case at all. They clearly show that the lower glass below the railing was fine for Chloe to look through. And they show how far forward he had to be holding her for her to fall out of the window instead of to the floor, which would have happened if she had just fallen from the railing. No other child or adult in the millions who have been on this ship have fallen from this window. It takes work to get a person out of it. The family needs to stop blaming RCI.

Family responds to the cruise's video...

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...ly-impossible-to-lean-from-cruise-ship-window
TLDR: Family attorney now says it's impossible for the grandfather to lean out the window due to the distance between the window frame and railing.

Confused why they put out this statement. Sounds like to me that enough safety precautions were put in place that even an adult couldn't lean out the window, let alone a child

Well then........ how on earth did the child fall out the window if it was so far away from the railing he had her sitting on...

What I just read is that he is saying that RCCI is lying about having video of him peeking out the window, because he couldn’t have. and because he did NOT look out of the window, he thought it was closed when he lifted her to the window.

He now says that he stood her on the railing so should could bang on the glass, just like the hockey games.

Who the heck would even stand a toddler on a railing for something that high?

I understand that the family is devastated, but it’s not the cruise’s fault. It’s a grandfather who made a terrible error in judgement. The family wants to blame the cruise ship company, at least partially, so they can live with this I think.

He leaned over the railing and the window was too far away for him to lean out of or notice it was open but somehow the baby could reach it with her arms that are a fraction of the length of grandpa's entire torso and head?

You want to go crazy? Remember the Youtube video that's the "tour" of deck 11? Try reading the comments... specifically from "CatG". Sorry, you'll need to watch go to the YouTube page to actually read the comments.

I read them ... :sad2:

Either she is a troll, has hatred for RCCL, or is just an idiot. (Or combo of all 3!) Regardless, she keeps repeating there is no video for the public. Umm . . . yes there is!

One of the interviews he did said that she couldn’t reach the bottom glass. He tried. I thought maybe it was at a lean and made it hard to reach but I think someone here discounted that. But they did ask him why.

I discounted that. She could have easily reached that glass. Look at the video @sam_gordon posted you can see the lower fixed wall of windows were easily accessible to her. I think it wasn't easily accessible to him because of the railing -- a warning as well as the 18" gap that there could be a potential open window above.

He was reaching for an excuse. I truly think he believes it, his brain is compensating for his horrendous actions. However, the video proves otherwise. Once you see it you know his story isn't accurate. He has to accept responsibility.

I discounted that. She could have easily reached that glass. Look at the video @sam_gordon posted you can see the lower fixed wall of windows were easily accessible to her. I think it wasn't easily accessible to him because of the railing -- a warning as well as the 18" gap that there could be a potential open window above.

He was reaching for an excuse. I truly think he believes it, his brain is compensating for his horrendous actions. However, the video proves otherwise. Once you see it you know his story isn't accurate. He has to accept responsibility.

Oh, I believe you definitely. I just was saying that they have asked the question.

I did see the video. And I wondered how his attorney or the attorney for the parents would answer it. Now we know.

There is also this photo that a PP posted. She could clearly see through the glass and possibly bang on it from floor level. She could have sat or stood on that little ledge. (Not advisable. But better than perching her on an open window sill.)

And he has to be so tall to just bend right in half and lean over the railing at a 90 degree angle. His torso & head have to be well over 18 inches.

FB_IMG_1574898112771.jpg

Last edited:
I read them ... :sad2:

Either she is a troll, has hatred for RCCL, or is just an idiot. (Or combo of all 3!) Regardless, she keeps repeating there is no video for the public. Umm . . . yes there is!
She's nuts. Her claims...
1) The video wasn't the deck Chloe fell from.
2) There's no video of the accident.
3) It wasn't Anello and Chloe in the video.
4) The windows are too low to the deck to be open.

She's nuts. Her claims...
1) The video wasn't the deck Chloe fell from.
2) There's no video of the accident.
3) It wasn't Anello and Chloe in the video.
4) The windows are too low to the deck to be open.

Oh she said it wasn't them in the video? Omg, that's rich. I did not read that one. Just the claims that Anello did nothing wrong, there was no video to the public (that was 4 days ago she posted that), and it was Royal Caribbean's fault for the low windows in a child's play area. :rolleyes2 Her response that Chloe could climb up over and out alone was insanity. She has to be a troll, none of what she says makes any sense.

And this is why you don't tell big fat lies. The more the facts come out, the more you double down and then you are just in so deep it becomes ridiculous!!! Enough already.

Oh she said it wasn't them in the video? Omg, that's rich. I did not read that one. Just the claims that Anello did nothing wrong, there was no video to the public (that was 4 days ago she posted that), and it was Royal Caribbean's fault for the low windows in a child's play area. :rolleyes2 Her response that Chloe could climb up over and out alone was insanity. She has to be a troll, none of what she says makes any sense.

There are no low windows, there are no windows that open in a child's play area and if it wasn't them ... could she please tell us who the man is that lifted a toddler outside a window, then she disappears and he falls to the ground. I didn't see any news of another child going out a window ......

I don't want to waddle through all that but based on what you say .... I'm going with she is a plant from the family to try to sway public opinion. Her theories are straight from the parent's script after it happened.

And this is why you don't tell big fat lies. The more the facts come out, the more you double down and then you are just in so deep it becomes ridiculous!!! Enough already.

There are no low windows, there are no windows that open in a child's play area and if it wasn't them ... could she please tell us who the man is that lifted a toddler outside a window, then she disappears and he falls to the ground. I didn't see any news of another child going out a window ......

I don't want to waddle through all that but based on what you say .... I'm going with she is a plant from the family to try to sway public opinion. Her theories are straight from the parent's script after it happened.
If not from the family, from the lawyer.

If not from the family, from the lawyer.

I was responding about the comments made on the video from one person (the one others called a troll) that was mirroring all the comments right after the incident. The comments were from the parents and the lawyer who represents the parents. If the lawyer is mis-representing them, they should fire him. It appears he is authorized to continue to speak for them.

I was responding about the comments made on the video from one person (the one others called a troll) that was mirroring all the comments right after the incident. The comments were from the parents and the lawyer who represents the parents. If the lawyer is mis-representing them, they should fire him. It appears he is authorized to continue to speak for them.

She is very one sided, you maybe onto something.

And I think @sam_gordon was agreeing with you that CatG was a plant put there by the family or their lawyer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter