• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is not a testing...I need help!! (VERY COMPLICATED...VERY LONG)

Fantasia_

I'm ready for the World!
Hi moderators! Sorry, it's me again, as always needing help from you great people!

This is kind of complicated, everytime someone have a link and I want to get there, I press the link and it doesn't open. It doesn't do anything. Is there I need to do to change the program of my computer?

I was able to open all the links before and now I can't. I did have virus on my computer. I bought the Norton Anti-Virus software. Now I no longer have the virus, but ever since then, I can't open my prodigy mail and my hotmail and can't open any links either. :( I must have accidently deleted something or changed something accidentaly while I was scanning to get rid of the virus.

If you have any clue why I can't open any links, please tell what it is. Thanks so much in advance! If I don't get any response, I will understand. I told you this is complicated. Thanks!

Maybe I can help until the mods get in here.

What browser are you using and what is it's version?

Do links work anywhere else?

Let me know if either one of these links work.

DIS home page
<br><br>
<A href="http://www.wdwinfo.com">DIS home page #2</A>

Also I do need the information that SAB requested as well.

Thanks both of you for replying! There's still some hope for me!!

I'm not a computer expert but here goes...I am using Microsoft '98 Explorer. Some links I can open, but a lot I can't. For instance, someone would put their links up to get to their pictures and I click it and nothing happens.

Mr. J. Cricket: The first link didn't open...BUT the second one did!! Hmmm, why is that?! You see what I mean I can't open most links?

I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks so much for any help you can give me or even any info why the links won't open. Thanks!

The first link (which you said did not work) is vB code.

The second link is a regular href anchored link.

The ONLY difference is the fact that the vB code uses"......target="_blank"......." to open the link in a new window.

This is a common reserved reference that is used every day in html coding.

Why it's not working for you is beyond me.

Do you have some software running that doesn't allow window spawning? (Can you browse with more than 1 window open?) Other than that I'm not sure why.

JC

Try this link for me and let me know:

<A href="http://www.wdwinfo.com" target="_blank">DIS home page #3</A>

Thanks JC for trying to help me. No, that link didn't open. I'll just play with my computer and see what happens. I don't know excatly where to begin. Thanks for helping though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter