This one should be fun.....the tour groups with the flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haystack

Earning My Ears
I know I have seen these little tour groups in every theme park imaginable. For the most part they are annoying. I'm not sure many of them have a concept of walkways and other people.
I don't think that's disagreeable.
However, yesterday there was a large tour group marching down the street towards Transformers. My little boy and I walk up to go in the building and the lead flag holder is holding her arm out told hold us back while her line of army ants pile in. There were 4 other family groups that ended up behind me. I said something to her but she didn't understand.

So here is the question....are these people Universal employees? Because if that happens again theres not much one person could do to keep me from moving on. However, I also don't want to break any rules. If universal has a rule that allows 50 or so people to be let in slowly (while they meander and stare at their phones) then I don't want to cause an issue, even if that would be a dumb way to do things. If it's just some chaperone then I'm walking on by next time because that is certainly not OK to be that entitled to hold back a line when everyone else is just following the basic rule of FCFS. I was born and raised with chivalry and manners but also a bit of "nope.....you're not going to do that" too.

I'm really getting my money's worth here on this forum already....2 thread of pure curiosity. But y'all seem like a good group :)

I doubt they are Universal employees, more likely just a tour leader trying to keep the group together. So, are you saying you would rather be in line in the middle of a 50 person group than behind them? That doesn't sound like fun to me. They would probably push by you in line to stay with the group anyway.

I doubt they are Universal employees, more likely just a tour leader trying to keep the group together. So, are you saying you would rather be in line in the middle of a 50 person group than behind them? That doesn't sound like fun to me. They would probably push by you in line to stay with the group anyway.

Since there was a good 15 to 20 people lining up behind me that had to wait on this group it would have sprinkled in evenly anyway.

But you're right....they would thinking cutting through the line is ok.

They may try to push through but I'm not the pushover type really that just says "oooookkkkkkk.....do what you want"

It is up to us to teach manners where their parents failed :) only kidding.....a little.

I don't mind being around them and between them. They're just people, but they seem to have this mentality that needs adjustments.

I had failed to mention I saw another group do this at ET later. That's what brought up the question really.

I know I have seen these little tour groups in every theme park imaginable. For the most part they are annoying. I'm not sure many of them have a concept of walkways and other people.
I don't think that's disagreeable.
However, yesterday there was a large tour group marching down the street towards Transformers. My little boy and I walk up to go in the building and the lead flag holder is holding her arm out told hold us back while her line of army ants pile in. There were 4 other family groups that ended up behind me. I said something to her but she didn't understand.

So here is the question....are these people Universal employees? Because if that happens again theres not much one person could do to keep me from moving on. However, I also don't want to break any rules. If universal has a rule that allows 50 or so people to be let in slowly (while they meander and stare at their phones) then I don't want to cause an issue, even if that would be a dumb way to do things. If it's just some chaperone then I'm walking on by next time because that is certainly not OK to be that entitled to hold back a line when everyone else is just following the basic rule of FCFS. I was born and raised with chivalry and manners but also a bit of "nope.....you're not going to do that" too.

I'm really getting my money's worth here on this forum already....2 thread of pure curiosity. But y'all seem like a good group :)
You go anyway and just act like you don’t understand. I avoid those groups and generally head the opposite direction. They are full of entitlement issues and I will have none of that.

We all play nice to each other and that really makes us a fun group

The 4 forums in the UO sections, have many posters willing to help all with their questions

In case you don’t return here until later tonight, I’ll leave the light on for you :disrocks:

We all play nice to each other and that really makes us a fun group

The 4 forums in the UO sections, have many posters willing to help all with their questions

In case you don’t return here until later tonight, I’ll leave the light on for you :disrocks:

Ok....weird ....but we just made the same pop culture marketing reference independent of one another almost simultaneously. I hung up with a friend just a few minutes ago who is bringing his family to stay at my house tonight. He said they are running late and I said "its cool....we'll leave the light on for ya" and I felt like a dork. You made me feel better. Haha.

You go anyway and just act like you don’t understand. I avoid those groups and generally head the opposite direction. They are full of entitlement issues and I will have none of that.
I like you already.

There is a fine line between having respect for others and being a pushover. I'm all for manners but not when it includes enabling entitled behaviors.

I really wish I could carry a water bottle around and spray people in the face and just say "NO!" Like people do with cats. I think I could change the world. :)

These tour groups have been the bane of my existence on this trip. They are totally unaware of their surroundings and just stand in the middle of everything not aware of anyone else around them. Entitled is right. Not impressed.

I am relieved to know I'm not the only one.
And after reading other forums it is almost unanimous.
Seems even some of the nicest people can't stand them.
It at least justifies my upcoming behaviors towards them. Nothing bad but just not going to let them be a roadblock. I mean....msaaaaybe I slap their phone out of their hand when they're not watching where they're going and say "oops....eyes up".....but only maybe.

I haven't seen anyone in those groups yet that could take me :)

Never encouraging when parks are crowded, FOTL perk or not

My school of thought, the flags can be helpful in a sense. If you see one off on the horizon, it’s time to do a 180 in your tracks

do think English perhaps being second language often comes into play in these situations. I try to be empathetic as usually appears to be young kids out of their element/in strange country, etc

any group can clog up park flow, don’t get me started on large families who hold hands & insist on walking side by side in any park, no matter if others are crowded out on the walkways

Lol ya no, that wouldn’t work for me. I’d go straight through her little arm. It’s not a damn funeral procession

Lol ya no, that wouldn’t work for me. I’d go straight through her little arm. It’s not a damn funeral procession
I’m not finding the humor in that statement

Might be time for the thread to move in another direction

Curious more than anything - is there a particular time of year/season that these foreign groups are more prominent? I haven't really seen many - I have seen more local school groups on my trips than anything - but maybe its based on the seasons that I tend to travel.

These are Brazillian Tour Groups and tend to be massive( groups of 50 or more). They all seem to forget they speak a English quite well when called out on their behavior. had the satisfaction of observing a few get a stern talking to in their native tongue once when they pulled that stunt.

I believe they are most prevalent this time of year

It's time for Universal to crack down on them. They used to do behavior that annoyed guests at Disney but they sort of cracked down on them somewhat and call them out on their outrageous behaviors. Guess they took it to Universal.

They still come to Disney but for the most part, are just groups and don't pull the gang mentality stuff there.

It's time for Universal to crack down on them. They used to do behavior that annoyed guests at Disney but they sort of cracked down on them somewhat and call them out on their outrageous behaviors. Guess they took it to Universal.

They still come to Disney but for the most part, are just groups and don't pull the gang mentality stuff there.
I was at Disney this week too and they were bad there as well.

These discussion always seem to take a bad turn eventually.

Tour groups are a problem all over the world IMO
Having spent a lot of time in Europe I have seen the same thing from groups of various nationalities.
It's not just at theme parks - I've seen the same sort of stuff at historical sites.

Universal should have a chat with the leaders of these groups - Im pretty sure that is what Disney did from what I recall back when I was more involved in Disney

This is how they make there living and if Universal reads them the riot act they will fix it.

Even if these large groups are not being rude - I'd say avoid them.
Nothing worse then being stuck in the middle or behind one of these groups - especially when they start chanting because they are bored in line.

Do something else and come back a bit later if you can - I'd rather wait 15 minutes later than an hour behind a large tour group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!