This Surprise Trip brought to you by Annual Passes! (With a little EPICness Sprinkled in)

Hello Everyone!!! Sorry that I have been missing for awhile. Andy and I went on our trip and then came home and I promptly got sick. It has taken me forever to to get better and I am still fairly flemy. Blek!

But our adults trip was great! I don't know if I will do a trip report for it, as I have a whole August trip to do and soon to be leaving for our Christmas trip!!! 18 days to be exact! That has also been why I have been absent, I have been trying to plan the last minute items!

But back to THIS trip!!!!

Day Two: More Stuff

So, I left us off leaving the Incredibles area and heading towards Star Tours, for our last fast pass. We did have some time before that started, so I think we tried to check out Launch Bay on the way.

On our way we ran into the Star Wars characters coming out for the stage show.
Star Wars "Parade"

Kilo Ren

Darth Vedar
We basically just walked them walk by, which by the way is the best way to see this show! Cause the show itself, is basically THIS!

I think we did a VERY quick lap of Launch Bay and then headed over to Star Tours.

We used our fast pass. Lesley had told us to ask for her friend to try and get Morgan as the rebel spy, but I didn't think she was "up" for it after yesterday. So, we just took our chances. I believe Gwen put on her Ewok ears with the specific need to trying to look EXTRA cute to get the rebel spy... But I don't think they were picked this time around.

After our ride in Space, we decided to grab yet another snack! At Baseline Tap House.

Bavarian Pretzel & Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider
We ordered a Bavarian Pretzel to all share. Along with the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider for Andy and I to share. This pretzel is suprisingly good! And the beer cheese to really tasty! This has become a must stop for us, if at all possible. I was afraid it would be swamped when Galaxy's Edge opened. We will see after Rise of Resistance opens...

Wild Strawberry Lemonade & Incredibles Macarons
We were able to grab a few chairs by the window inside, which was perfect.

The girls wanted to also try the special they were offering right now, which was Incredibles Macarons. They were just ok. But I am pretty sure that is how I got them to agree to go in there in the first place! Ha. They also split a Wild Strawberry Lemonade. Which I did not try but they drank all of, so it couldn't have been that bad!

After our snack, we headed out of the park! Not without stopping for a photopass photo, of course!

Family Picture

Tink Magic Shot

And then we were really done! We took the boat back to Yacht Club. Morgan declared that she was NOT walking no matter what! Which was fine.

Mousekeeping Teddy set up
We got back to the room and Mousekeeping had arranged Morgan's Teddy on the bed with some of the balloons! It was perfect. (As a side note, this was the last time Morgan brought her Teddy with her on trips :( She doesn't even sleep with him anymore! It makes me so sad!!!)

The plan for the afternoon was for Andy and the girls to relax. We had a busy night ahead of us and we wanted the girls rested. And I was making a guest appearance at an important event in EPCOT! It was looking like rain, so Andy and the girls basically chilled in the room and watched tv.

I on the other hand headed out to meet some lovely ladies in EPCOT. Today was the EPIC meet up and I was happy that I got to come out for a bit. I meet up with @Lesley Wake & @chunkymonkey by the designated area. But with the empending rain, everyone was find of all over the place. I stuck with Lesley and Su-Lynn and we made our way over to meet eveyone. We rolled the dice and stopped at a food booth. And we got rained on big time. But eventually we all meet up! And was able to enjoy a Slushy together!

La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy

We did run into a semi-famous YouTube stars...
Jen & Joe meeting Tim Tracker
Well, Renee screamed like someone had died, because she was soooo excitied to see them!

It was great to meet up with everyone for a bit, but I had to leave early, as I had plans with the fam!

Up Next ALOT of Star Wars!!! Disney After Hours at Hollywood Studios

I am going to try and get another post, as the last one, was a little boring...

Day Two: Gwen has a "Bucket List Moment"

I got back to the room, rested with the fam for a little bit but not too long as we had dinner reservations downstairs at Beaches and Cream.

I took very few pictures during dinner. Sorry. I am terrible at pictures as buffets...

Gwen trying Crab
We did enjoy ourselves and Gwen did venture out to try some crab legs! Morgan was a tiny bit disaponted that there was no fried shrimp.

But non the less, we enjoyed the meal.
Trying out the warm Towels
And they enjoyed the warm towels at the end. @ariane37 - This pic was for you!

We headed back up to the room to grab our stuff and we headed to Hollywood Studios! (By Boat this time!) It had rained alot this afternoon and had some thunder on and off as well. I was really hoping the party wouldn't be a big washout. But as we were on the boat, it looked like the weather was going to be ok.

We got to Hollywood Studios and headed to go meet BB8 first. Morgan wanted to meet him since she had her shirt on. And once the Disney After Event started, there wasn't anything special with BB8. So, I suggested we do that first.

But then we got over there, and I suggested that we try the The Little Mermaid Show. The park was still open and waits were still high-ish. We haven't done this in FOREVER, possibly not since our our first trip, even? Well, we got in line and the heavens opened up!!!! It started POURING!!! Like buckets! So, I was glad that we were undercover.

The show was ok. It kept us dry! That is the best I can say about it. That show really just needs to go.

Once we came out, it was still raining but more of a drizzle, so we made a break for launch bay to go wait for BB8. We

There was a little wait, but not too bad at that point.
BB8 & Morgan
BB8 was super excitied about Morgan's ears and shirts... (Or at least that is what the CM said that BB8 said... )

BB8 & Morgan

cfb11997-36f2-4487-a954-861fabae369b
Then we all jumped in for a photo!

After we headed over to Star Tours. The rain had stopped to a very list drizzle, so we made a quick walk across the park.

Untitled
Gwen asked to take a pic in the currently empty meet and great areas. They weren't roped off, so I assumed it was ok....

We made it over to Star Tours around 8:30.
Untitled

We got in the stand by line. The park officially closed at 8:00, so there really was no wait already for the ride!

Untitled

We were on and off the ride in no time! Almost too fast! We had a goal and we needed to stay in that area. So, we got in line and rode again.

Untitled
The board had our names on it and where we lived. Kind of cool and creapy all at the same time!

So, this time we were sat in one of the back rows and I have to say of all the times we have been on this ride, we have been in the front 1 or 2 rows! It was a completely different experience! I feel like it was more vilent sitting in the back?

Untitled
I also noticed that the ceiling looked like an airplane!

We may have ridden one more time, but I honestly can't remember..

But by now, it was getting closer to 9:00. And we had a top priority of meeting some Ewoks! So, we started milling around the tree house area right outside. Finally CM's started to set up! And 2 groups had started a line. So, we jumped in line behind them!

We didn't wait too long, maybe 15-20 mintues before they were ready for the meet to start!

The Ewoks came walking in and immediately saw Gwen, with her shirt and ridiculously large ewok ears and came over and gave her big hugs!!!

I was totally NOT ready for this!
Untitled

Untitled
I tried my best to get some sort of decent picture of this moment. But this was the best I could get. But you can see how happy Gwen is in her blurry self.

They gave hugs, and pointed at her ears. It was super cute! And all the people in line had an audible gasp of cuteness!

The Ewoks headed to there spot and started meeting the people in front of us. Those folks all had fine meets, but they were standard.... And then it was our turn!!!!
5da5a3b5-fa63-42cc-82e8-50458d31eca6
There were more hugs!

Untitled

There was much discussion on Gwen's Ears...
Untitled

4e084ee5-cedb-4dea-b948-f5664046169f

998c037f-9e0d-4ba1-a01d-a7f6f75a52da
We let Gwen go first and "hang out" with her friends.

Untitled
Seriously, it looks like a prom picture of something...

9bb1ee2f-a6cd-4cbf-bf92-f102785f540b by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Then finally the rest of us got to get into the fun.
db46a7e7-11d6-4d3e-8772-eb9d43cb9da8

1156462d-69ba-46d7-8f8a-a9b43feb18b1

There was a super cute interaction as we were leaving and I tried to video tape it but wasn't actually taping it! I was SUPER bummed about it as it was just a memorable moment. Sigh....

Untitled
Sadly we had to leave at some point, and headed out. I snapped this once we were done... to say the least, she was SUPER excitied! She was on cloud nine!

Up next more of our DAH night!

48815522846_4d27d82b93_z.jpg
Jen & Joe meeting Tim Tracker
That's me and Joe!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We basically just walked them walk by, which by the way is the best way to see this show! Cause the show itself, is basically THIS!
::yes::
It was great to meet up with everyone for a bit, but I had to leave early, as I had plans with the fam!
At least you did get to meet with all of them for a few minutes!
The Ewoks came walking in and immediately saw Gwen, with her shirt and ridiculously large ewok ears and came over and gave her big hugs!!!

I was totally NOT ready for this!
That's awesome!
I tried my best to get some sort of decent picture of this moment. But this was the best I could get. But you can see how happy Gwen is in her blurry self.
You don't need pictures. You got to experience it and you've got the memories.
We let Gwen go first and "hang out" with her friends.
Just don't let them hang out too close to the fire.

They may be cute but I still don't trust them.
I snapped this once we were done... to say the least, she was SUPER excitied! She was on cloud nine!
I'm glad that it was such a fun meet and evening for her!

Andy and I went on our trip and then came home and I promptly got sick.

I'm glad you had fun on your kid-free trip but sorry to hear you got sick!

We ordered a Bavarian Pretzel to all share. Along with the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider for Andy and I to share. This pretzel is suprisingly good! And the beer cheese to really tasty! This has become a must stop for us, if at all possible.

That pretzel looks really good; I'm gonna have to get myself over to Baseline one day.

(As a side note, this was the last time Morgan brought her Teddy with her on trips :( She doesn't even sleep with him anymore! It makes me so sad!!!)

Well, that's really sad to read about! I know there will come a day when my kids won't want their plushes in bed with them, but I can't imagine it actually happening. These DIS kids are growing up too fast!

The show was ok. It kept us dry! That is the best I can say about it. That show really just needs to go.

I feel like a lot of the DHS shows need some updating.

That sounds like such an awesome meet and greet! You can really see how excited Gwen was through the pictures.

Andy and I went on our trip and then came home and I promptly got sick. It has taken me forever to to get better and I am still fairly flemy. Blek!

Sorry you came and got sick. Hopefully you're all better now. You have to get healthy before you leave for Disney again.

We ordered a Bavarian Pretzel to all share. Along with the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider for Andy and I to share.

This looks real good.

After our snack, we headed out of the park! Not without stopping for a photopass photo, of course!

I love everyone's ears in the picture and Andy's shirt.

We got back to the room and Mousekeeping had arranged Morgan's Teddy on the bed with some of the balloons! It was perfect. (As a side note, this was the last time Morgan brought her Teddy with her on trips :( She doesn't even sleep with him anymore! It makes me so sad!!!)

I love when Mousekeeping arranges our stuff, helps keep the magic going. Morgan is really growing up.

We rolled the dice and stopped at a food booth. And we got rained on big time. But eventually we all meet up! And was able to enjoy a Slushy together!

Glad you had a short but fun meet.

BB8 & Morgan
BB8 was super excitied about Morgan's ears and shirts... (Or at least that is what the CM said that BB8 said... )

Great picture and matching outfits.

This is just Magical!

Perfect match!! I'm Gwen will be talking about his for awhile.

Wow I was beyond behind- all the way back to the beginning! I'm caught up now.

But the best was once we landed, someone got up to use the bathroom while we were still taxi-ing. The flight attendants were yelling at the person to sit down. She didn't listen. So, the pilot literally stopped the plane where we were and we waited for her to come out of the bathroom. They were banging on the bathroom door to get the lady out. It was bizzare. And then once she was finally done and back and her seat, we taxied some more and then had to stop again, because there was lightening in the area and the ground crew had to go inside.

Ugh I really don't get people! I woulda been so annoyed too because taxi-ing is my least favorite part of the flight!!

Andy and the girls went out the door right by the Beach Club Counter Service and poor Lesley was hiding behind some bushes trying to not let the girls see her. Thankfully, they are all oblivious and didn't see her

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Lesley had spent part of her rest time blowing up balloons for Morgan! She had brought with her Star Wars balloons and some other Star Wars decorations and gifts! all the way from California with her.

So sweet!

I love this! And wow Morgan looks so grown up now!

Wonderland Slushy
Minute Maid® Raspberry Lemonade with Fanta® Grape and a Candy-coated Straw

This was on my list to try but I never got to it :sad1:

48815836572_b2ddcf7151_z.jpg
Splash Ride P

Oy :eek:

Hello Everyone!!! Sorry that I have been missing for awhile. Andy and I went on our trip and then came home and I promptly got sick. It has taken me forever to to get better and I am still fairly flemy. Blek!

Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip but getting sick after vacation is the worst!

We took the boat back to Yacht Club. Morgan declared that she was NOT walking no matter what! Which was fine.

I don't blame her. That walk to HS is pretty long especially when it's hot!!

I love this! You can tell how excited she is!

But our adults trip was great! I don't know if I will do a trip report for it, as I have a whole August trip to do and soon to be leaving for our Christmas trip!!! 18 days to be exact!
Happy you guys had fun (sorry you got sick) and yay for another trip so soon! What dates are you there again? Because I'll be there the 4-6th and that's pretty close to 18 days from now......
We ordered a Bavarian Pretzel to all share. Along with the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider for Andy and I to share. This pretzel is suprisingly good! And the beer cheese to really tasty
You know we've never been in here? But that pretzel and cider sound good! Have to make a point to stop in sometime
And I was making a guest appearance at an important event in EPCOT!
:goodvibes
And they enjoyed the warm towels at the end. @ariane37 - This pic was for you!
ha ♥ If I can get Chris back to WDW we'll have to do this for him one more time!
Sadly we had to leave at some point, and headed out. I snapped this once we were done... to say the least, she was SUPER excitied! She was on cloud nine!
OK Gwen's ears are adorable and she looks like she really had fun with this meet. But as a non SW fan I gotta say............those Ewoks are a bit freaky looking!

believe Gwen put on her Ewok ears with the specific need to trying to look EXTRA cute to get the rebel spy.
I'll have to tell Casey to try this to see if she can make some Rebel Spy headway. She's never been picked and is not at all bitter about that :P

We ordered a Bavarian Pretzel to all share. Along with the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider for Andy and I to share. This pretzel is suprisingly good! And the beer cheese to really tasty! This has become a must stop for us, if at all possible.
Can you believe we've never been here? It's always on our list but we never seem to make it.

Gwens ears still just crack me up everytime I see them.

As a side note, this was the last time Morgan brought her Teddy with her on trips :( She doesn't even sleep with him anymore! It makes me so sad!!!
😥😥😥 Casey swears her favorite animal (an owl) is going to college with her but I fear it will be gone sooner rather than later

Well, Renee screamed like someone had died, because she was soooo excitied to see them!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I remember this so well. I had no idea who Tim Tracker was at the time and I seriously thought someone had been injured or worse!

Untitled
Oh so looks so happy!!!

What an amazing meet and greet! I'm sure this made her lifetime!

The Ewok meet and greet is so cute! I would have been just as excited as Gwen was!
It was a great meet for all of us!

Great pics with the ewok!!!
Thanks! It was def a magical moment.

That's me and Joe!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
That it is!

How cute Gwen’s interaction with the Ewoks was, so precious.
How did you know the Ewoks were meeting? That was really cool.
I followed a board on her about it. And then the brochure for the special party had them listed as a meet. But mostly the boards!

That's awesome!
It was such a great time. And totally made the whole event worth it.

I'm glad that it was such a fun meet and evening for her!
It was def something for her to always remember. But we will all remember it.

That pretzel looks really good; I'm gonna have to get myself over to Baseline one day.
It is a great place to relax for a little bit. Highly recommend.

Well, that's really sad to read about! I know there will come a day when my kids won't want their plushes in bed with them, but I can't imagine it actually happening. These DIS kids are growing up too fast!
I KNOW!!!! It is so sad. She won't get ride of him but no longer needs him....

I feel like a lot of the DHS shows need some updating.
So true!

Perfect match!! I'm Gwen will be talking about his for awhile.
Everyone once in awhile she brings it up. Very cute.

I love when Mousekeeping arranges our stuff, helps keep the magic going. Morgan is really growing up.
Mousekeeping has been doing the first day and then nothing else, not sure what that is about. But it one of those things that you can't expect.

Sorry you came and got sick. Hopefully you're all better now. You have to get healthy before you leave for Disney again.
I am FINALLY feeling like myself. FINALLY.

I love this! You can tell how excited she is
She was literally on cloud 9 after.

Ugh I really don't get people! I woulda been so annoyed too because taxi-ing is my least favorite part of the flight!!
Right! I will say worse than taxi-ing is not taxiing. But Orlando is the worst for taxing, it feels like an eternity!

Happy you guys had fun (sorry you got sick) and yay for another trip so soon! What dates are you there again? Because I'll be there the 4-6th and that's pretty close to 18 days from now......
WhAT!?!? Why didn't I know that? We are there November 29th till December 5th. The 4th we are in Hollywood Studios and the 5th we leave, so either swimming at the resort OR back to HS to try and ride Rise of the Resistance on opening day! Eek!

OK Gwen's ears are adorable and she looks like she really had fun with this meet. But as a non SW fan I gotta say............those Ewoks are a bit freaky looking!
Ha! Creapy but cute kind of sums them up.

I'll have to tell Casey to try this to see if she can make some Rebel Spy headway. She's never been picked and is not at all bitter about that :P
Casey has never been the spy!?!?! Man! the girls have decided you need to be in the first couple rows, middle-ish and look straight ahead the whole time to get picked! I have no idea if any of that is true or not.

Can you believe we've never been here? It's always on our list but we never seem to make it.
You need to change that!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I remember this so well. I had no idea who Tim Tracker was at the time and I seriously thought someone had been injured or worse!
It did sound like someone was injured!

What an amazing meet and greet! I'm sure this made her lifetime!
It really did. And was so fun to meet a character that brought that excitment. It has been a long time since we have been exicited about a meet and great like that. Well, Phineas and Ferb was also a big one!

What an awesome interaction with the Ewoks! I had no idea they came out like that! I sure wish I could have spent more time hanging out with the girls at EPCOT that day but it sure looked fun! I joined in AFTER the deluge, but by then I think you'd already left.

Hi Everyone!!! Sorry that I have been MIA! December always seems to kick my butt. And our trip at the begining was great but it really threw me off this holiday season. But I am back and trying to get back into the swing of things. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

So, I left off with us on cloud nine from meeting some Ewoks. I was super glad we were able to meet them early on in the night and were no free to go do whatever we wanted. Which the rain had stopped and Slinky Dog Dash was running again. So, I suggested we head that way.

But we didn't get too far, when Andy spotted some Storm Troopers! Morgan DID NOT want to meet them. So, I told her to just sit on the bench while we did.

Untitled
They were standing in front of the entrance to Galaxy's edge. Which is now funny that it is closed.

Morgan didn't want to meet them since we were all wearing Rebel attire and thought they would be mean. Which they did do. And Gwen gave them a big giant raspberry plllllll Which they did not appriciate.

559bafbd-1422-4e4e-bd24-6593fb3f05cb

Pretty sure there was some talk about us turning to the dark side but Gwen was having none of that.
a49fca4c-2aad-4f34-9037-328cae1b0f58
Gwen was still on cloud nine from meeting the Ewoks and just loving every minute of it.

But they still took pictures with us.
Untitled

Morgan was happy we were done with THAT! And we headed to Toy Story Land!

I am not sure why, but it looks like we rode Alien Swirling Saucers first.
a49fca4c-2aad-4f34-9037-328cae1b0f58
Probably because there was no line.

Untitled
We grabbed a photo with Buzz. Not the best lighting at night, but oh well. It was about 10:30 already, and Morgan was getting tired. But we pressed on!

We went and rode Toy Story Mania next!
Untitled

I had said that I wanted to try and ride it at least twice, as we have never been able to ride it more than once a trip.

Untitled
They had Mr. Potatoe Head on, while we walked through, which we have also never seen! As we usually Fast Pass it. And it was super funny. He made a joke about trading ears and we all got a big kick out of it.

For our first round I won!
Untitled

And I think Morgan may have beat Andy as well!
Untitled

Being beat by 2 members of hte family, Andy was ready for a second round on the ride. So, we walked off and got directly back on the ride!

And this time Andy beat us all!
Untitled by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
Gwen is the other score, and she did a best score for her as well!

Untitled
Not by much! But he did!

We decided to go ride Slinky Next!
I don't think the wait was too bad. But a little bit of a wait, maybe a 5 mintues?
3467ffa7-68d2-4503-a009-6b6bbf813d20

Untitled
This was super fun to ride at night!

After our ride on Slinky, we decided to grab a treat and head out of the area.
Untitled

Andy decided on a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich
Untitled

And I got the classic Mickey Bar.
Untitled
We have never had either! And I have to say, they were just ok. There are just so many yummy sweets in Disney to choose from!

Morgan and Gwen wanted Popcorn, but they didn't have any in toy Story Land. So, they decided to wait even though I tried to get them to take something anyway.

As we were walking out, Gwen spotted Lightsaber Churros and wanted one. Of course, those, we had to buy.
Untitled
She was happy with her item!

Up next the last of our evening at Disney After Hours at Hollywood Studios!

Hello Everyone! Happy New Years!

Welcome to 2020!

My New Year's resolution is to finish this trip report! Ha!

So, I left us off heading to Launch Bay. We wanted to meet Rey before we left.

When we got over there, we found a bunch of droids roaming around in the area. It was actually really cool.

Untitled

Untitled
There were all kinds of them. And they kind of interacted with you. They would stay still long enough for you to get a picture before moving on.

Untitled

Untitled

I found out later that they were a bunch of guys who built them as a hobby and Disney had them come in just for the event. Which made sense as they all had different remotes to control them. One guy had a remote that looked like an xbox controller and then another guy had a super small controller.

Untitled

Once we got our fill of pictures with the droids we headed into Launch Bay.

The line was fairly long to meet Rey, but it was def something we wanted to do.
Untitled
The girls were def getting tired and hitting the wall.

It was def slow moving and we probably waited at least a full half hour to 45 minutes. But at least the girls could sit in line.

But we eventually did make it in!
Untitled

Untitled
I have no idea what Gwen is saying to Chewy... Possibly something about her Porg sweatshirt.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
It was a good meet but nothing super funny or exciting happened.

By now, the girls were done! But it was also almost midnight.

As we were coming out we saw the Black C3-PO. And Andy wanted a picture with it.
Untitled
There was no line and just random CM to take a picture with our own cameras. But that was just fine.

We never found popcorn for the girls, so we grabbed some on the way out. And headed out of the park right at midnight. In fact, Andy went to take this picture, snapped it, and next thing we knew the lights were turned off!
Untitled

We were able to take the boat back to Yacht Club which was fantastic! We weren't sure if we would have to take a bus or not. So, that was super nice at the end of the night.

It was a great night and if they did another Disney After Hours Event that was Star Wars themed, we would def do that again!

Up next, our last day. ;(

Day Four: Short Morning and then home

So, after the late evening, we were all tired, expecially the girls.

Origianlly I had us going to Animal Kingdom for the morning, but that was def not in the cards. So, we decided to just hit up EPCOT one last time, since we could walk over and not stress too much about getting back in time for Magical Express.

And, we had a little fairly godmother who booked up fast passes late last night for test track when it was down , that turned into anytime fast passes the next day. So, we were able to at least ride one ride. Thanks @Lesley Wake!

It looks like we didn't get into EPCOT till almost noon.
Toy Story Topiaries

We def packed up, rested and dropped all of our bags off at bell services before heading in.

Once inside, we headed towards Test Track to use our anytime fast pass.
Buzz Lightyear

Gwen's Car
Gwen's Car.

Morgan's Car
And Morgan's Car.

It was a tight score
Gwen's Score: 201

Morgan's Score: 211
Morgan beat Gwen by 1 point!

After our ride, we needed some lunch. Right outside of Test Track, they had the Berry Tea Drink, so we grabbed 1 for each of the girls.
Berry Tea Mint Julep
I honestly don't remember if they liked it or not. But I think I liked it.

Flower Garden

We cut over to Mexico, where I got my favorite!!!
Guac & Chips
I love these! Although, I think they are now just regular chips. Which is a bummer.

Jalapeno Margarita
And a margarita, of course.

I sent Andy over to get the "Steve Shrimp"
Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer
Which he liked but not as much as Steve.

I am pretty sure we walked and ate. I think Morgan tried some of the Shrimp as well and liked it.

I think I sent Andy and the girls ahead to Japan, while I stopped in Germany to get some Carmel Treats. We were getting tight on time and the sky looked like it was going to rain at any moment.

I went a little crazy in Germany... I got a BUNCH of treats to take home and hustled over to meet everone in Germany.

Tempting fate, I stopped in America and got this beauty.
Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider
It was really good! I think burnt ends is a new favorite BBQ for me.

Rice Cakes for Mr. Brooks
Morgan wanted to give her teacher some Mochi, so they grabbed that in Japan.

We also grabbed 2 frushi's for the girls to try. Which they loved. (sorry no pictures) As we were finishing up our last couple bites, the sky's literally opened up and just dumped water everywhere!!!! At first we made a run for it. But we quickly realized that it was hopeless. We had too far to go and it was just raining too hard that it didn't matter.

We eventually made it back to Yacht Club and I was never so happy that we couldn't precheck our luggage. We got our stuff from Bell Hop and made it over to a bathroom. I pulled out dry clothes for everyone and we took turns changing. We had just enough time to change and find a place to sit and eat the snacks that I grabbed from Germany. Well some of the snacks... The rest came back with us.

We hopped on Magical Express and made it through security. Thank Goodness we had TSA Pre-Check, as the lines were crazy long! We got through much faster but still kind of slow. We headed to our gate and literally as we got to the gate and started to look for a place to sit, the text alert came through that our flight was delayed, but alot. Sigh....

So, we decided to go get something to eat, as we now wouldn't be getting home late. There wasn't anything too great in the terminal. So, Andy suggested we go back out and to to the other side of the terminal to eat. (without going back through security) Well.... that didn't work out so well... We ended up back outside of security.

Morgan and Gwen were so tired, they just started crying. I was mad, Andy was mad. It wasn't a pretty scene. It was rough. But we knew we had plenty of time, so we grabbed dinner outside of security and then headed back in.

Once back past security, we found a corner to hunker down in.
Hunkered down in Airport
A lot of flights were delayed and the terminal was a bit chaotic! But we were against a wall, and somehow felt like we were just watching the crazyiness from afar.

We bought the girls Wishables as a peace keeping measure from the mess that had happened.
Wishables

Wishables

So, they opened those while we waited. Eventually we made it home and were home late! But we made it.

It was a rough flight home, but it was worth it. We did decided that we probably should have done one extra day. It was just a little too short. We never were able to recoperate and get rested.

But I was so glad we were able to go to Disney for Morgan's birthday. It was always something that I wanted to do for the girls.

Thanks for following along on this quick trip report that probably took too long to do.

Sounds like the rest of after hours was so fun! Love the pics with Rey & Chewie!

Sounds like a nice final morning at Epcot. Thank goodness you were able to change clothes before heading to the airport!

I'm sorry your flight was delayed and you all were feeling grumpy :( But glad overall it was a great trip for Morgan's birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!