This week's episode had me question the CM room access

The average CM that comes to your door will not have that ability. It requires a special device.
I think it looks like this.
cjY4TQom.jpg

Exactly. If I'm a criminal trying to stockpile I'm not going to pick a hotel where I know they could pop in my room at any time. I'll go stay someplace else.
Or I wait for the safety check on the day Im planning the attack and then go to my vehicle and bring in whatever weapons Im planning on using that evening.

This policy has been in place just over a month now, including at one of the busiest times of year, and I haven’t heard any awful stories making the news as a result of it. No cast members randomly breaking in, and no assaults as a result of entry.

The whole aim of the step was to ensure that a cast member enters every room at least once every 24 hours, and that happened anyway in 90% or more cases.

How long do we need to leave it before we come to the conclusion that (as frequently seems to be the case)... the internet may have over reacted a little bit?

Never said there was. Just pointed out that its easy to bypass after someone said special tools were required and only certain people had access to do it.

Not true at all for DVC rooms. This will drive up maintenance fees dramatically.
They're not going in to make beds or anything, just literally pop in for a minute. I don't see them implementing mandatory mouse keeping so I doubt it'll be a cause for increased fees.

I actually experienced the extra check at aulani this month. Housekeeping comes in everyday and removes trash. This is a change from staying at Dvc resorts in the past.

Watching ABC News here in the NE NJ area; they just reported Caesar's (who has 47 hotel properties around the world, including one in Atlantic City) is gong to enter hotel guest's rooms every day, regardless of any displayed "DND" sign. They are also considering giving their employees panic buttons. They also reported this is as a direct result of the Vegas shooting. So - Disney is NOT the ONLY ones, and I personally think you will see it rolling out more and more in the near future.

Watching ABC News here in the NE NJ area; they just reported Caesar's (who has 47 hotel properties around the world, including one in Atlantic City) is gong to enter hotel guest's rooms every day, regardless of any displayed "DND" sign. They are also considering giving their employees panic buttons. They also reported this is as a direct result of the Vegas shooting. So - Disney is NOT the ONLY ones, and I personally think you will see it rolling out more and more in the near future.
But unlike Disney they will be using actual security guards not housekeepers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!