This would be sooooo cool!

Spaceman Spiff

one by one, cleaning the universal boards of riff-
Pulled from today's News & Rumors section @ Screamscape.com

2003/2004 - Jurassic Park Attraction - (6/12/02) Nearly three months since our last rumor about this, but another source wrote in to say that there are whispers of building an adult version of the Pteradon Flyers (B&M Flyer?) possibly to be themed and built inside the large damaged steel structure of the enormous aviary building as seen in the third film. All things considered, this would be a great way to “theme” a standard outdoor coaster ride as well as really taking advantage of the new Flying coaster concept by not only giving you near-miss rushes towards the ground but also at the various sharp bits of the cage walls all around you. Now how about we launch this ride like Rock ‘n Roller Coaster to get the right speed to fly around in this giant steel spaghetti bowl track layout?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hmmm...I hear Earl coming... :)

This is a neat idea, but where would you put it? I think it would be something possibly Universal would do since it is unique and there are no flying coasters in Florida. In fact, I think there are only 4 in the entire US: X-Flight (Six Flags Worlds of Adventure), Batwing (Six Flags America), Stealth (Paramount's Great America), and Superman: Ultimate Flight (Six Flags Over Georgia).

with a descent budget i think this could be the boffo, socko ride that was mentioned a while back for IOA.

EARL, please don't crush my dream ;)

I think Earl has squashed this rumor once before. However, I'll add my $0.02.

I was very impressed with the flying coaster experience. I can just imagine how cool it would be if someone actually thought about making it an attraction and not a ride. At 6F all we get are close encounters with rocks or weeds. Flying through an immersive or visual stimulating environment would really enhance the whole experience.

Heights are less than most coasters so a dark ride might be a possibility. Think about a flying space mountain (sorry for the reference) type experience!

DD and Hulk are great coasters, but the ride experience is not vastly different than at some amusement parks. I hope Universal's next coaster project is an attraction and not just a ride. That is why we love theme parks isn't it?

Originally posted by Barry Hom
In fact, I think there are only 4 in the entire US: X-Flight (Six Flags Worlds of Adventure), Batwing (Six Flags America), Stealth (Paramount's Great America), and Superman: Ultimate Flight (Six Flags Over Georgia).

You forgot the Flying Coaster at Six Flags Elitch Gardens!:p

Anywho, if IOA were to build a flyer, this is how I'd want it done. It is a pretty ambitious project, and hope it is an option for the park. Whatever it is, I hope it comes along for 2003, IOA needs a new major ride.

You could theme it to the X-Men villain Toad... we're always saying Marvel is short on space, well a Froghopper can fit anywhere! And it better be a juiced up one too like the Wild Adventures version!:D

Heck forget the flying coaster as i think its been topped....check out X at Six Flags Magic MT.

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery750.htm
Great pics here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sfmm84/x.html
(Some Pics and info)

The cars can rotate 360 degrees foward or barckward through the ride. The are mounted on each side of the track in the suspended manor with nothing bleow you. The coaster is up and running and I've heard reviews of the coaster are thats it's out of this world.

http://www.prnewswire.com/mpr/sixflags/x/

a Video of the ride.

I'd love to see this at IOA.

but if you haven't noticed the company that designs the 4D coasters are belly up:(. TO add to this- X is tearing itself apart. It has broken itself. The park already said that it won't be able to open it up this summer.

You won't be seeing any more 4D coasters for a good 2 years if at all.

Yeah they are having problems, seems they rushed it a little. That does not mean the design is dead, nor is the company at this point. If I remember correctly they filled bankruptcy and were restructuring their debt not a great sign but manY companies have done this in the past and did not go under. Plus if they do go under the designs can still be sold.

Don't believe everything you read. There's a lot of stuff up in the air, but this version is not one of them.

you didnt say anything about the paradon cage itself earl ;) that would be totally wicked if built! any clues as to when boffo, socko will be announced?:)

If I have interpreted Earl correctly, he is saying in hints that there will be a prototype Flying coaster by B&M. He only basically said no to the 4D. I got this when he said
There's a lot of stuff up in the air
I immediately thought of AIR: the first B&M flyer at Alton Towers. I think that that was the first hint. Then he said
but this version is not one of them
with this I then thought about the new loading system on B&M flyers found on an internet orderform from B&M themselves. If I am correct, when Earl leaves messages they contain hidden messages. So if you think hard about everything he has said there is lots of information.

son of Damo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter