Thoughts on 2020 AP Discounts

deannaf87

DIS Veteran
We are most likely upgrading our package tickets to APs this July as we plan to visit again in June 2020. The ticket prices alone make the APs worth it but it would make me feel even better about dropping another $1500 to upgrade if I thought I could get a decent resort discount for next June.

I know no one knows anything but if you had to guess, how do you think the June 2020 AP resort discounts will shake out?

I think because of Galaxy's Edge, everything is up in the air. I too am hoping for discounts, but not counting on it. If the rooms are filled up, no need for a discount I guess. :(

Last edited:
If there happens to be any AP discounts they most likely will be very limited IMO. Everyone knows how Disney operates if they don't need to offer any sorts of discounts to fill up rooms then they won't offer discounts.

Not even Disney knows the answer to this right now. It will depend on how many rooms are booked at rack rate. If bookings are strong, it's unlikely we'll see many discounts. If bookings are softer than projected, we'll see more availability of discounts and higher percentage discounts. They will also discount different resorts and rooms differently, depending on what they want to sell. So, if you are flexible about the resort and room, you have a better chance to get a better discount. We are too far from summer 2020 to know how bookings will be.

I am going to buy my 1st AP soon. How do you find out about AP discounts on rooms? I don't see anything on the website, do I have to have an activated AP to see it or do I have to call?

I am going to buy my 1st AP soon. How do you find out about AP discounts on rooms? I don't see anything on the website, do I have to have an activated AP to see it or do I have to call?

You have to purchase an AP to be able to view the discount rates on the WDW site. Just a word of caution - an AP doesn’t guarantee a discount. It is an advertised perk, but the discounts are limited, subject to blackout periods and sometimes not offered at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!