Thoughts on my First Cruise- Merrytime 4 day on the Dream

PuddlesMom

Earning My Ears
I am a huge Disney fan and visit WDW 1-2x year. We have never cruised or really wanted to till my daughter and fam encouraged us to join them this past November. I have nothing to compare it with since it was my first trip- but I do have a few thoughts.
Attention to cleanliness was AWESOME!! With all the horrid news stories on cruise ship Illness- I was totally Impressed. They have staff outside restrooms and restaurants with hand sanitizing wipes. Everything was very clean. Food was delicious- I avoided buffetts but had fabulous meals for Breakfast lunch and dinner.
Waitstaff was excellent. Entertainment at night was fantastic!! The sunrises from the veranda in the morning were magnificent
Not so crazy about......the kid pools were packed!!! The noise was LOUD! The lobby and elevators were jammed packed after any event let out. Any shows that occurred in the atrium filled up very early and hard to be able to see or participate. I am used to WDW crowds but this was very crowded and uncomfortable.
Did not get off in Nassau- many stayed on board. Castaway was fun.
Overall we had a great time- would not do a Caribbean cruise again but look forward to doing the Alaskan cruise in 2 years.

Also wanted to add that I thought the muster drill was so chaotic and crazy........ we had to wait 20 minutes for the folks who did not join us on time— I guess that happens a lot. Not all guests feel they need to arrive or be on time. They hunt them down though and nothing starts till they arrive!!

Also wanted to add that I thought the muster drill was so chaotic and crazy........ we had to wait 20 minutes for the folks who did not join us on time— I guess that happens a lot. Not all guests feel they need to arrive or be on time. They hunt them down though and nothing starts till they arrive!!

This is the most annoying thing about cruising, why do people think they can strut in 20 minutes late and keep others waiting??? SO RUDE!

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, there is nothing like Disney Cruise Line for a wonderful relaxing vacation, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter