Thoughts on OKW anyone?

angels05

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time staying there. Anyone have any info., tips, etc. about the resort, restaurants, transportation? Thanks for any help. :flower:

being stay at OKW since 93 - I love it.

The transportation has greatly improved. It still stops at the 4 bus stops in the resort. So places like Epcot or studios you will send more time in the resort on the bus than going to the theme parks.

However that also means less walking to your resort room!

the restuarant is nice - Olivia's.

the main pool now has a slide - so go try it!

I love the quiet pools.

I am really excited to stay there. :goodvibes The pictures I've seen look beautiful. It looks very peaceful after a long day at the parks. My kids think the pool/slide looks awesome too.

Thanks again.

No real tips - but we stayed there for the first time back in september and absolutely loved it. Made us so happy we bought DVC!
As far as busses - all of the busses will make a stop at the hospitality house (and pool) before they leave for the parks - so you can hop on any bus from your stop no matter what it says and know that you'll get dropped off at the front of the resort - it's an easy way to get there if you're in a room far from there. There is an Internal Bus that loops around as well - but we always just rode on any bus that came around! You will have to find a bus that is an 'Internal Bus' to get from the HH back to your room - and we found it was quicker just to walk rather than wait!
The rooms and balconies/porches are huge and you pretty much can't get a bad view! You'll have a wonderful time! I wish I could hide in your suitcase and get there!

The resort has a very comfortable, laid-back feel. The main pool and new slide are lots of fun, but the other pools seem really nice too. The CM's and mousekeeping we had were all very polite and professional. You will love the spacious rooms and ceiling fans!
I was not crazy about:
The transportation from DTD. Only one boat to OKW for every 4 boats to SSR/DTD West, POR. We tried to come home after dinner and it took an hour of mostly waiting in line because we JUST missed the boat. It would not bother me so much if they would tell you a schedule, but there is no set schedule- If the line is long, you must wait or lose your place. No benches to sit on on the dock either. :confused3 It made the waiting harder to see boat after boat leave for the OTHER resorts. I was so tired of standing in line after being at the parks that day that Iwanted to hijack one of them! pirate:
Only one other piece of advice- if you have a one-bedroom, you may have a SQUEAKY BED! Bring a can of WD40!! :rotfl2: Have a great time

lodgelady said:
Only one other piece of advice- if you have a one-bedroom, you may have a SQUEAKY BED! Bring a can of WD40!! :rotfl2: Have a great time

Or some earplugs for your guests.... :listen:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter