Thoughts on. People in wheel chairs and scooter

Keep in mind that clothes aren’t necessarily all fabric. They may have metal or plastic parts like buttons or clasps. Belts have metal.

I'm suggesting throwing out the poncho after each bus use. And this is directed towards mobility users. Also, wear disposable gloves to remove the poncho. The sunglasses or even reading glasses can be taken off after leaving the bus. Wearing a brimmed hat will help, too.

Honestly, I believe mobility users should consider using their own transportation, right now. If that's not possible I wouldn't go.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that clothes aren’t necessarily all fabric. They may have metal or plastic parts like buttons or clasps. Belts have metal.

I'm suggesting throwing out the poncho after each bus use. And this is directed towards mobility users. Also, wear disposable gloves to remove the poncho. The sunglasses or even reading glasses can be taken off after leaving the bus. Wearing a brimmed hat will help, too.

Honestly, I believe mobility users should consider using their own transportation, right now. If that's not possible I wouldn't go.

I think if someone is at the point, where they think going to the extremes that you mentioned is the only way they can go safely, then maybe putting off the trip would be more prudent. Covering yourself from head to toe and then disposing of the plastic is extreme.

I think in *some* limited scenarios, this course of action would be prudent.

However, the reason that I likely would not go as far as you recommend here, @Bete, is because at WDW, we are outdoors much of the time, and people (should be) less "concentrated" than say, in a large city like NYC.

Early on in the pandemic, when we knew much less than we know now (which, admittedly, is still not *enough*) I would literally wear 2 sets of clothing, tie my hair up in a scarf, I was covered head to toe if I had to go out - even if I knew I would have a reasonable shot at maintaining the recommended 6 foot social distancing circle. When I got home, I would strip off the outer layer in the garage, pile all that into the washer, start it, and then go and strip down and take a thorough shower.

Not only was it exhausting, but it was not needed, because I was not finding myself in places or locations with a dense crush of humanity.

Disney is working hard - and will continue to do so, from the sounds of things - to make sure that the Parks will *not* become densely packed, and offer the chance for easy transmission of the virus.

Does that mean you are guaranteed you won't get it? No. There are no guarantees *anywhere* in the world, literally.

But, knowing that being outdoors, in a breezy envoirnment means less possible risk of transmission, I do not right now feel the need to go to the lengths that you described above.

Having said that, if we see WDW reopen, and we see people flagrantly disregarding the rules about mask usage, or if we see sudden spikes in cases of people who have visited WDW - then I might consider using the types of measures you described.

But, honestly, if I have to use those types of measures to feel safe at Disney World... I don't want to go. It breaks my heart to say that, but part of why I love to be there is the freedom that I feel, and the ability to relax and enjoy being a kid again.

That's just my opinion. I understand why you might feel like you need to take those steps to be safe, and if that is what you need to do to feel safe, and go to WDW, then by all means, do so. But if I am understanding the most current and hopefully accurate information that is out there about this virus, we might not need to swaddle ourselves in plastic at WDW - unless it's raining.

What I'm suggesting is really for Disney transportation use only. The original poster was concerned about Disney bus transportation travel to and from the parks. Please reread my posts. It's not meant to be your attire every minute you are at the parks.

I still feel it would be better to either do your own transportation if you are compromised to and from the Disney parks right now if you go or preferably if you are compromised to stay home until there's a better time to go.

I'm presenting an option to protect oneself with less risk if you use Disney transportation.

Everyone needs to make their own decisions on the amount of risk one is willing to take. I can wait for a better time to go and I will go at a later date when I feel it's safer. That time is not now. If I did go right now I would do as I suggested. We are all different on how far we want to go with the measures we take to protect ourselves. In reality, I know I can't be in an enclosed bubble, but I'm a very cautious person.

Last edited:
What I'm suggesting is really for Disney transportation use only. The original poster was concerned about Disney bus transportation travel to and from the parks. Please reread my posts. It's not meant to be your attire every minute you are at the parks.

I still feel it would be better to either do your own transportation if you are compromised to and from the Disney parks right now if you go or preferably if you are compromised to stay home until there's a better time to go.

I'm presenting an option to protect oneself with less risk if you use Disney transportation.

Everyone needs to make their own decisions on the amount of risk one is willing to take. I can wait for a better time to go and I will go at a later date when I feel it's safer. That time is not now. If I did go right now I would do as I suggested. We are all different on how far we want to go with the measures we take to protect ourselves. In reality, I know I can't be in an enclosed bubble, but I'm a very cautious person.

You are correct - I did re-read your posts, and you were advocating for protective dress during the use of Disney Transportation. I apologize for not paying better attention to your words.

I still think we will need to see what the procedure(s) are once WDW actually opens; I am hopeful that we will be able to approach Disney Transportation with the same (relative) level of confidence that we will have in the Parks, the Resorts and the entire operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!