Thoughts on SSR

JENR

Disney Addict
SSR is our home resort. We just returned back from VWL. While we were at Downtown Disney, we decided to take a walk over to SSR and check out our home resort. Well, I fell in love with it. It was a short walk and it was so beautiful. We found a real nice playground and my kids played there for a while. The nicest one I have seen in WDW. Then we headed over to the open house rooms. We checked out the studio, one bedroom and the grand villa. All the rooms were very nice. We then headed over to check out the pool. My kids really loved it. My youngest son loves Donald Duck so he fell in love with the little play area and the little slide. Then it was over to the community hall. Well we were there for probably 45 min. My kids loved it. We played ping pong, colored, played with the toys, watched disney channel and games. It was really nice and I know we will spend alot of time there in Sept. I can't wait to stay there. I was going to change my resort at 7 months out to BCV but not now. I am looking forward to staying at this resort.

I'm so glad you decided to check out your "Home" in person. I do think you have to slow down and spend a little time at this resort to really "get" what it is all about.

I think the theme is "health and horses", but it is so much more than that. This resort invites you to slow down and "smell the roses" figuratively and literally! It is peaceful, relaxing....perfect for those "family moments" that so often never happen in real life because of the fast paced lives we live.

There is a lot to do at this resort without the feeling that it all has to be done and seen "right now".

I'm glad you took the time to discover the reasons that I enjoy SSR so much!
:)

I am sure you will find that everytime you go to Saratoga, you will Love It more and more!!

Saratoga is a beautiful resort with so much to offer. My DD's love it there and so do we. It's the only resort we have stayed at in 4 years. We are going to try our other home AKV next trip but we will continue to go to SSR every year. Possibly one day, we will try some of the others but right now have no desire (well the kids would like to try BCV). My husband has zero interest in anywhere else. Glad you decided to visit SSR.

I'm so happy you love your home resort, SSR. We stayed once in the Congress Park section, and I thought the view of DTD from that pool was stunning. Since we now are DGP, we find that we go to DTD more than we ever did before, and to be able to go and shop so easily from the resort is a good thing, (or not).

We don't own there, but we would be happy to stay there. The fact that there are elevators in every building is a plus for me, not to have to worry that I have to deal with stairs.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I just returned from a last minute Saratoga Springs visit. I booked only 8 days out, so even though I had no previous interest in staying at SSR I was thrilled to get anything. Well, from the minute we arrived I was a convert.

It all started when I checked in at 10AM and had a choice of rooms that were ready! As a BWV owner, I haven't checked into a room before 4PM in years (and rarely at OKW or HH) so the fact that the CM worked with me to find a 'ready' room that would make me happy was awesome. I know this won't be the norm, but apparently occupancy was low and at such a large resort that does make it more likely. I was all settled and unpacked by 10:30!

I also did not realize the value of being able to stroll over to the DD bus stop to catch a bus to any resort. Because of that we made some dining reservations at other resorts that I would not have bothered with if I had to do the bus transfer thing. It was wonderfully simple and a great advantage to SSR. It was also a real treat to have so many dining choices at DD, and we took full advantage of our location.

The Turf Club was just fabulous for dinner. The food was great (best sirloin steak I can remember) and the service (Christian, we loved you ;) ) was even better. It looks like having lunch in the outside area will be nice too, but it was too cold and rainy during our visit. I will definitely dine there even when I am staying elsewhere, and taking a bus to DD and strolling over make it easily accessible.

The Congress Park pool area is really nice. We spent a bit of time in the hottub (trying to pretend it wasn't chilly and overcast) and really enjoyed the fact that it is on the lake with a pretty view. We enjoyed our one visit to the main pool area and had a nice chat with the bartender. Unfortunately, the pool bar was closed most of the time, again due to the crappy weather. Although I am not a spa person, my sister enjoyed the exercise room and plans to have some treatments next time we go. The 20% dvc discount makes it relatively affordable. We didn't use Community Hall, but it looked great and I know my son will enjoy it.

The 1 br that we had was immaculate, and beautifully decorated. We loved the theming in the units, and the resort as a whole. It's subtle, but consistent and lovely. I liked the fact that most of the balconies look to be of decent size, and the way they set up the buildings accentuates the nice landscaping and seems to reduce the impact of the main road. Having plentiful elevators is great too!

The bus service was very good while we were there, and it is easy to pick up a bus to the Carriage House if you don't feel like walking. We never used the boat to DD since it was quicker to walk over, but obviously that is a wonderful benefit. Accessibility by car is great.

Every CM we dealt with at SSR was very pleasant, and they all share a pride in their resort. That attitude is contagious I think :) I will definitely book future trips to SSR, and I could not be happier that I tried it out by default. Add me to the list of folks that think Saratoga Springs is a wonderful addition to the DVC family of resorts! :cheer2:

My four teenagers refuse to stay anywhere else. I was surprised, but they hated BCV.

I also did not realize the value of being able to stroll over to the DD bus stop to catch a bus to any resort. Because of that we made some dining reservations at other resorts that I would not have bothered with if I had to do the bus transfer thing. It was wonderfully simple and a great advantage to SSR. It was also a real treat to have so many dining choices at DD, and we took full advantage of our location.
:

I know. Fantastic part of staying at SSR. Honestly, I think it should be pointed out during sales. I know people with cars might not care. But it is wonderful when you are using WDW transportation to have all the resort stops right there. It's so much more relaxing to go back and forth to all resorts and not transfer.

Thank you for all of your comments. We are really looking forward to our first trip home in April. Since it's Easter week, I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time at the resort, so it's nice to hear such positive feedback.

We love it too!

I like being surrounded by beauty! It is just a gorgeous place and the walks are always different because of all the animals and blooms.

My boys dont want to stay anywhere else. They are 8 and 10 and have already picked SSR for our next vacations. I cant wait till Dh and I can start golfing, we dont like to leave the resort now as it is.
:love:

JENR, my 8 year old loves Ping Pong!! He wants to stay at Comm. Hall all day and challenge everyone that comes in. :goodvibes

We love it too!

I cant wait till Dh and I can start golfing, we dont like to leave the resort now as it is.

We played golf at WDW a month ago. Played 3 courses and chose the Magnolia, LBV (the one near SSR) and Osprey Ridge. Both the Mag, and OR are more expensive (if you don't have the DVC golf membership) than LBV but we both liked LBV the best. I will play there again. Something about being in an actual resort area makes it seem nicer. Its not easy to play as there is plenty of trouble but we had a lot of fun. Hope you can enjoy it someday soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter