Three Sisters Do Flower and Garden on DxDDP

all of the looking at the flowers in the heat got us good and hungry for our next stop, Via Napoli. Headed into Italy and found this:IMG_0607.jpg

We had all eaten at Via Napoli some years back and remembered that the pizza was very good. So we each ordered appetizers (can't find the pics) and individual pizzas. Too much food again but we polished off quite a lot of it!
IMG_0616.jpg IMG_0615.jpg IMG_0614.jpg

While the pizzas were great, the gelato was even better. We had the Ugly but Good sundaes, which were vanilla gelato with amerena cherries and whip cream. There were also chocolate cookies in the dish and some chocolate too. I did not take pictures, but we also had some very good aqua frescas.IMG_0618.jpg IMG_0617.jpg My sister declared this the best dish of the trip!

Hi DisneyAndi14, welcome. You will love Homecomin. We are going again in two weeks when we have a long weekend in Disney to celebrate my son't college graduation!

So after a great morning and lunch in Epcot, we headed back to OKW to relax and freshen up a bit. Then we were off to Hollywood Studios for dinner at Brown Derby, one of my favorites. I love the decor there, especially the copper hat lights. Usually have great service there and this would be no different. We stopped first to watch the Frozen singalong, which was lots of fun. When we got to the Derby, they could not find our ADR. I suspect I screwed it up, but they were fine about it and seated us in a great booth on the far side from the entrance. We started with some great cocktails and the evening was going well. We hoped to see the Star Wars show after we finished.
IMG_0633.jpgIMG_0635.jpgIMG_0631.jpg

For some reason, we did not take photos of all the food. I had an appetizer salad that was overdressed with pepper, so much so, that I had a coughing fit. Not a good start with the food. One of my sisters had the Cobb salad, which she enjoyed. For mains, one of my sisters had the salmon, which she loved. My other sister and I had the pork chop and we both thought it was overcooked. It was not so overcooked that we turned it back, but it wasn't the best. IMG_0639.jpg
IMG_0638.jpg

Although our waiter was great, the food had been slow coming out, so I was disappointed with the food and disappointed that we would miss the Star Wars show. Our waiter heard me say that maybe we should forgo dessert to see the show and he came over and said to go watch the show and he would have dessert ready when it was over. This was so nice of him and I forgot about the overcooked pork and overpeppered salad. After the show, we arrived to these wonderful trio desserts! Happy to report that they were delish!IMG_0640.jpg

Hi DisneyAndi14, welcome. You will love Homecomin. We are going again in two weeks when we have a long weekend in Disney to celebrate my son't college graduation!
I really like the looks of the ham and jam biscuits, may need to try these!

Sounds like a really fun sisters trip!

Homecomin' looks so good. I have a lunch reservation next trip. I will have to remember these portion sizes and share with my husband. We have only done the carryout there, which consisted of a pretty small chicken sandwich. Your dishes look humongous!!

The moving tables and changing lights at Edison seems very weird. I had hoped to go there late to eat then stay for the show. Sounds like that might be a bad idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like you had a great server at Brown Derby.

Looking forward to more reviews.

I really like the looks of the ham and jam biscuits, may need to try these!
They were very good, although a little on the salty side between the ham and the pimento cheese. they have a board that includes the ham and other things and we might try that next time.

Great photos! That was really nice of your server at HBD to save dessert for you :)
I thought so too! Very accommodating and it gave us time to relax with dessert while the park was emptying out. I always like a leisurely exit when there are not too many guests left and this gave us the opportunity to do that.

Sounds like a really fun sisters trip!

Homecomin' looks so good. I have a lunch reservation next trip. I will have to remember these portion sizes and share with my husband. We have only done the carryout there, which consisted of a pretty small chicken sandwich. Your dishes look humongous!!

The moving tables and changing lights at Edison seems very weird. I had hoped to go there late to eat then stay for the show. Sounds like that might be a bad idea. Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like you had a great server at Brown Derby.

Looking forward to more reviews.
Portions were unbelievable. Could easily have been full with just 2 apps for the table. I felt it was a little wasteful, but we did eat some of the food for breakfast in our room!

We did have a front row for the entertainment at Edison, but the table thing was just not cool. Might be a good idea to ask to sit in the room next to the bar, so you don't have to deal with that. We are going next week because my husband wants to see it, but it will just be for drinks.

Sounds like a great trip. I need to remember to not open these threads when I am hungry. There are some great looking meals you have pictured there. I’m doing the deluxe plan for the first time in years next November and can’t wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter