Threes a crowd

tsme

DIS Veteran
This trip was suppose to be only me & my DH, no children, no extras. I planned & prepped & decorated our bands. We even planned to take The Keys to the Kingdom Tour.

These were our adrs:
Big River Grill
Homecoming
50's Primetime
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Liberty Tree
Rose & Crown
Room service

Everything was set. We left home on a Thursday a little apprehensive but still excited. We stopped in Tallahassee to sleep.

Last edited:
The next morning is when the third party started to enter our plans. Hurricane Irma. The vile harpy had strengthened & was determined to join our vacation. We had a choice, turn around & go home or go forward & have old Irma join us. We decided to go to Disney & take her on. And that's what we're doing right now.

Everyone is safe and sound. We moved our HS day to Saturday so we got to go to 50's Primetime. But we loss one of our MK days & keys to the kingdom with it. But it looks like tomorrow everything should be opening. I'll start posting pics soon.

OK. So back to beginning. Thursday we stayed in Tallahassee & ordered in a pizza from Howling Howe's. I didn't get a picture of it, sorry. My DH liked it, I didn't.

We left our hotel early Friday morning for Disney, worried about gas shortages, but didn't have any problems. There were very few vehicles goes south & bumper to bumper going north. So weird to see.

We arrived at Disney around 9:30 & got our room right away. So awesome. At 11, we went to eat at Big River Grill. We were the first customers. Our server was nice. I ordered a pineapple mojito. It was very good. For my entree, I went with an appetizer, the Chips, Guacamole, & salsa. The salsa was really good. I found the guacamole to not have much flavor. My DH ordered the Baby Back Ribs. He said they were really good too. For our left overs, the servicer brought boxes & a cup of fresh salsa, plus to go cups of water & Coke. So nice of him.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
IMG_2445.JPG IMG_2433.JPG After eating we decided to go to Disney Springs. I shopped then we popped in Amorette's Patisserie. Everything looked so good. I picked the 49th & broadway. It was so good & not that heavy. I also picked up a Minnie apple at the Screendoor on the Boardwalk.

We also we went see "IT" at AMC. I didn't think to take pics of the popcorn because I was kind of freaking out about Irma & the fact everyone I knew was messaging me that we should leave immediately & go home or face destruction, etc. But the popcorn was good as was the movie. Though I have to say, I thought it was weird that a family brought a toddler & a baby in to see a scary movie.

Last edited:
Great title! Three is definitely a crowd if your third wheel is Irma!

That Minnie apple is one of my favorite treats, thanks for posting. Yum.

The next day we went to HS. We ate lunch at 50's Primetime. We decided to share the fried chicken meal. The dark meat & wing of the fried chicken was good, but the breast wasn't. It's hard to describe, it was kind tough& stringy, not dry, but hard to eat. It was left on the plate. The mashed potatoes & gravy were very good. DH enjoyed the fries & liked the ice cream he ordered.
I also bought another apple, Mickey this time. The cm had to take off his hat to fit in the box.

Attachments

• IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2508.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2509.JPG
    IMG_2509.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Having a few problems posting with my phone. Please bear with me as I go.

Last edited:
IMG_2526.JPG IMG_2525.JPG IMG_2518.JPG IMG_2519.JPG IMG_2523.JPG IMG_2524.JPG That night we ate at Teppan Edo. We met a nice family who had been staying at FW, but were moved to BC because of Irma. Our chef was young & not very talkative but the food was cooked great. My DH had the steak & shrimp, I had just the shrimp. Both dishes were wonderful. My only disappointment was that they are not serving the beef rice anymore, it's now plain white rice. Also, just as a side note, they are serving two sauces now instead of three. It didn't matter to us. The ones served were still good.

IMG_2561.JPG IMG_2562.JPG IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2573.JPG IMG_2574.JPG Next was the start of the two days of Irma. BWI did an awesome job during the hurricane. They offered food in the conference center. My DH went for the buffet & brought me back their pre-packaged meal. He said the buffet was great. I didn't care for the pre-packaged meal. I'm not a huge fan of bagels & it was cold. It was a waste of money, since I didn't eat any of it. But that's not on Disney, it was a personal tastes thing.

Later, we ordered room service for lunch and dinner. Both were good, but for dinner they forgot parts of our orders and we had to wait another 20min to get it. But I know they were short handed because of Irma.

IMG_2580.JPG IMG_2582.JPG Pic from our window, the lake had waves, so weird & a notice. Honestly though we missed two days of parks, etc. We still enjoyed ourselves. Disney does everything right, even hurricanes.

Hi, I'm just catching up on all your posts. I'm sorry you had a hurricane butt in on your vacation, but the meals you've posted look great! And honestly the best place to be during a hurricane I feel would be Disney World. It's interesting to see all the do in efforts to make everyone's trip still a good one despite having the interruption to your vacation.

My only disappointment was that they are not serving the beef rice anymore, it's now plain white rice.
That is a disappointment, I hope they bring it back. Plain white rice just doesn't seem to fit in with hibachi. First time I went there I was really disappointed they didn't have fried rice.

Is the convention center connected to the building at BWI or do you have to go outside to get it? I was wondering about this hotel since all the restaurants are outside on the Boardwalk, I was wondering what people did for food when things got locked down.

Hi, I'm just catching up on all your posts. I'm sorry you had a hurricane butt in on your vacation, but the meals you've posted look great! And honestly the best place to be during a hurricane I feel would be Disney World. It's interesting to see all the do in efforts to make everyone's trip still a good one despite having the interruption to your vacation.

I agree, Disney is the place to be.

That is a disappointment, I hope they bring it back. Plain white rice just doesn't seem to fit in with hibachi. First time I went there I was really disappointed they didn't have fried rice.

Me too.

Is the convention center connected to the building at BWI or do you have to go outside to get it? I was wondering about this hotel since all the restaurants are outside on the Boardwalk, I was wondering what people did for food when things got locked down.

It is accessible from inside the resort.

IMG_2603.JPG IMG_2640.JPG IMG_2641.JPG IMG_2666.JPG IMG_2678.JPG We went to Garden Grill for breakfast. The food was very good. I really liked the Mickey waffles & my DH ate all the bacon. Afterwards we rode a few rides & We stopped at 2 kiosks. The first was Hawaii where we got the tuna. It was fresh & yummy. The second was China, where we bought the black pepper shrimp. I didn't like it at all & threw it away. The shrimp tasted bad & the noodles were way too greasy. I was disappointed. It always looked so good online. I also picked up a chocolate covered caramel square in Germany. These little goodies are my favorite. I wish I had a few now.

[QUOTE="FSU Girl, post: 58215504, member: 588568"

.[/QUOTE]
Fried rice is Chinese, not Japanese

[QUOTE="FSU Girl, post: 58215504, member: 588568"

Fried rice is Chinese, not Japanese[/QUOTE]
True, but every other hibachi place I've been to has fried rice except for this one and it's always been my favorite part of the meal

True, but every other hibachi place I've been to has fried rice except for this one and it's always been my favorite part of the meal
Yes I understand many Hibachi restaurants serve Fried Rice.
But Teppan Edo is in the Japan pavilion and strives to be true to the Japanese culture it represents. Fried Rice does not fit here in that scenario.

View attachment 269136 View attachment 269135 After eating we decided to go to Disney Springs. I shopped then we popped in Amorette's Patisserie. Everything looked so good. I picked the 49th & broadway. It was so good & not that heavy. I also picked up a Minnie apple at the Screendoor on the Boardwalk.

We also we went see "IT" at AMC. I didn't think to take pics of the popcorn because I was kind of freaking out about Irma & the fact everyone I knew was messaging me that we should leave immediately & go home or face destruction, etc. But the popcorn was good as was the movie. Though I have to say, I thought it was weird that a family brought a toddler & a baby in to see a scary movie.

I see a lot of horror movies (pretty much every one that comes out). You'd be surprised how much this happens. Even better is when the kid starts freaking out (understandably) and the parent gets mad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter