Throw Up on the Lap Bars Please- A June 2019 TR! COMPLETED 3/1!

Joining in!

Wow I can't believe the people you encountered on your travel day. Those people blocking the escalator, what the heck! And then that man standing during take off - are you kidding!! Even if there was a language barrier, surely you'd know better!

Can't wait to read your reactions to CBR!

Spyglass Grill breakfast

When I left off, it was only 9:30 am and we were already at our resort, with a full Disney day ahead!

While in the lobby, we discussed what to do. We talked about heading straight to Epcot since we could be there within an hour of opening on arrival day and that seemed exciting. However, our room wasn't ready and this was our only day to see Illuminations so coming back to the room to first get everything sorted out at 10 pm wasn't that appealing.

It was already almost 90 degrees out, so we decided to head to the pool! I only wish I had thought to put my bathing suit in my backpack because I felt a little weird opening my suitcase in the lobby, but I'm sure no one really noticed except me.

Quick stop out front to bell services to drop off the suitcases, and we were off to the pool!

cbr pool1.JPG

Even though it was early, there were tons of people already swimming! We used the bathrooms in the pool area to change and found a set of free lockers outside them to store things in. We threw our backpacks in there and claimed two chairs.

We sat relaxing for a few minutes because I had started getting notifications that our Instacart shopper was picking out our items and I wanted to be with my phone to approve or change anything that wasn't available.

I also snapped a poolside selfie for snapchat (because whose friends don't want to see them enjoying a pool at 9:30 am on a Wednesday while they're at work?) and because I was pretty much blind from the sun, didn't realize the placement of the filter at first and once I did, I found it hilarious!

minnie selfie.JPG
Minnie, this is a family place!

We spent maybe 30-45 minutes swimming. I was surprised to see the pool had not one but two slides! I wanted to try them out but since I had just washed and curled my hair, I didn't want to get it wet lol.

We decided to try to check out the hot tub but were surprised to find it was tiny and completely overrun with children. I was disappointed by how small the hot tub was at CBR, given the size of the resort. We tried several times to go in, even just to dip our feet after the day in the parks, and it was always packed.

Hunger was starting to set in, and despite the fact that it was already 10:30 am, the pool bar still wasn't open!

giphy.gif

I remembered the menu for Spyglass grill sounding looked interesting and we wanted to check out the resort anyway, so we decided to grab food there.

It was about a 10 minute walk from the pool to Spyglass but that was at a very leisurely pace, full of stops for hammocks and photos.

cbr beach.JPG

CBR is a gorgeous resort without a doubt!

me at cbr.JPG

This is the picture I sent to my family and posted to social media that morning. Full vacation mode in effect!

I found this video on my phone that must've recorded instead of a picture and it fully highlights how I felt about the hammocks while Mike was like "Yes, it's a hammock- can we eat yet?"

cbr waterway.JPG

Soon enough, we were approaching Spyglass Grill- but first had to check out the Skyliner construction!

skyliner construction.JPG
cbrconstruction2.JPG

Then it was finally time to eat!

spyglass grill.JPG

The shades in the front had been open when we first approached, but the CMs rolled them down because they were cutting the grass outside. The space inside isn't particularly big, with only maybe 6-10 tables. It wasn't crowded when we were there but it was also an off-time since it was towards the end of the breakfast meal and just before lunch. At the more popular mealtimes, I could see it getting very crowded.

After reading through the menu, I decided on the Breakfast Yuca Hash
(Roasted Yuca with Chorizo Redeye Gravy and a Sunny-Side Up Egg topped with Pico de Gallo, Cotjia Cheese and a Lime)

yuca hash.JPG

I was a little hesitant to order this at first since I never had yuca before but I decided to take a chance- and I'm so glad I did! It was delicious! The yuca tasted similar to potatoes to me and all the flavors were super tasty. (Side note: I'm also not entirely sure what cotija cheese is but I haven't met too many cheeses I didn't like)

Mike chose the Breakfast Cuban (
Pressed Cuban Sandwich stuffed with Ham, Pulled Pork, Egg and Swiss Cheese)

cuban sandwich.JPG

He's a pretty picky eater but he said he enjoyed his sandwich. He said the pulled pork was a little on the dry side but that he still enjoyed the taste.

Once we finished our (second) breakfast of the morning, it was around 11:15 and once again, it was time to decide what to do. We (mostly I) were itching to get to Epcot! We started heading back towards Old Port Royale to collect our backpacks from the lockers by the pool to change out of our poolwear and stash everything with bell services to head to Epcot.

(To be continued...)

Next time: Will our room be ready before we leave CBR?
The first test of buses at CBR- how long do we wait for an Epcot bus?
Do we get caught in a massive thunderstorm as we get to the park?

Last edited:
Tsk tsk, shame on Minnie for getting fresh in a family friendly environment.

Thanks for the photos of CBR, I have never really looked into it before.

I like seeing your pictures from around the resort. CBR has never been on my radar until the gondolas became a thing, so it's something I'm considering for the future maybe.

I also like the interesting menu choices at Spyglass - I'm always happy to see a restaurant mix it up a bit!

I like seeing your pictures from around the resort. CBR has never been on my radar until the gondolas became a thing, so it's something I'm considering for the future maybe.

Thank you! It was never on our radar until this trip and a discount too good to pass up either!

I also like the interesting menu choices at Spyglass - I'm always happy to see a restaurant mix it up a bit!

I definitely appreciated the menu options- especially at a resort QS! I only wish we had managed to make it back there for lunch or dinner.

Joining in!

Wow I can't believe the people you encountered on your travel day. Those people blocking the escalator, what the heck! And then that man standing during take off - are you kidding!! Even if there was a language barrier, surely you'd know better!

Can't wait to read your reactions to CBR!

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

I couldn't believe it either. That's what I'm saying- idc what language you speak, if a plane is diagonal in the air, your butt should be in a seat !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!