Ticket I can’t use ..

pigletto

DIS Veteran
I could use a little brainstorming help folks. We had a trip planned for March that had to be postponed for a few important reasons. I purchased one Canadian resident ticket for this trip and it is assigned to me in MDE. There is not a very good chance we will go before it expires next September unfortunately. So now I’m hoping I can do somerthing to recover some money.
My only two thoughts are A) sell it to my sister who is in Florida for school right now but is still a Canadian resident part of the year and maintains a Canadian passport. This assumes she even wants to go. I could easily reassign the ticket to her on my MDE.

Option two is where I have questions. Am I able to upgrade the ticket to a ticket with a different expiry somehow ? If I paid the difference between this ticket and whatever gate price ticket I chose does it keep the Canadian expiry date ? If it were possible I would transfer it to my sister, have her go to Guest Services at Disney Springs and upgrade it to whatever ticket and then just assign it back to me.

I hope that was easy enough to follow. Any insight provided is appreciated and probably more accurate than what I would get from calling :goodvibes.

My understanding of the expiring tickets is that they maintain the value you paid for them after they expire. Now the question becomes what value has Disney assigned to that ticket. You would need to contact Disney to confirm this but you should be able to apply the value of your Canadian ticket to some ticket purchase in the future when you are able to go.

You can certainly transfer it to someone else through your MDE if that's the option you choose to go with.

My understanding of the expiring tickets is that they maintain the value you paid for them after they expire. Now the question becomes what value has Disney assigned to that ticket. You would need to contact Disney to confirm this but you should be able to apply the value of your Canadian ticket to some ticket purchase in the future when you are able to go.

You can certainly transfer it to someone else through your MDE if that's the option you choose to go with.
That’s extremely helpful and something I was unaware of. I will definitely call and confirm, but if that’s the case I will apply it toward a ticket sometime in the future. I am not as concerned if I’m not looking at losing the full value. Thank you.

That’s extremely helpful and something I was unaware of. I will definitely call and confirm, but if that’s the case I will apply it toward a ticket sometime in the future. I am not as concerned if I’m not looking at losing the full value. Thank you.

The only unknown about this is whether you will be able to book FP+ with an expired ticket since you'll probably need to visit a GS booth in person to apply the value of your expired ticket to a new one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!