Ticket Price Increase - Fall 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoolle

DIS Veteran
I have heard some rumblings on blogs and such (most recently Disney Tourist blog stating he thinks October) speculating ticket prices will go up this fall. Do you think there is any truth to the rumors? Planning a trip for Nov 2019 and wouldn't mind locking in current prices for our family of 6 if we need to.

So, holidays would have the highest price tag, obviously. Then maybe spring break season (mid Feb to mid April), then summer, etc?

So, holidays would have the highest price tag, obviously. Then maybe spring break season (mid Feb to mid April), then summer, etc?

Hard to say. Many weekends are peak pricing right now as well. As well as other holiday times etc... It's hard to say how they'll do it. Whether they'll adjust the whole schedule, r whether it will be based on the existing schedule...so say you want 5 day pass and two of the days are peak, then you'll need to buy a peak season pass.

I wonder if the MDE issue that was recently experienced, has to do with the ticket upgrade?

At one point I saw speculation it could be different prices per park as well (not just MK being slightly more) .... so in the fall EPCOT would be more than others due to F&W and then when Galaxy’s Edge opens DHS would be more than the others - stuff like that

But exact details of how it all will work aren’t known yet - lots of speculation

Here in Canada, we have a rewards program. We can earn air miles and use them to buy WDW park passes (5-day and 7-day base tickets). I'm curious how the new pricing structure would influence how they "price" the tickets with air miles. Only time will tell...

I would shop around now and see if you can find a good deal. If not you can wait until we hear for sure when the prices will go up and buy the day before. I believe there is usually a few days notice?

Yeah, but usually just a few days ... and then some places might have inventory of the “old” prices they will still have to go through even after the price increase.

Though if it is such a fundamental change I wonder if there is more notice - hopefully at a minimum it will “leak” out to give people a bit of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts