Ticket start date.

CAL2

DIS Veteran
Hi, I notice that the tickets have a start date on them, (your arrival date) so after we arrive if we don't visit the part for the first 3 days have we lost those 3 days of park tickets ? or is it still as it was, tickets start when you first activate them by going into a park ?
cal :flower1:

I emailed about this when we visited in December. Although the 'start date' is your day of arrival they're not actually activated until you visit the parks :sunny:

thank you, I tried phoning Disney and kept being passed about then cut off.

If you fail to use a ticket on the first day of its predeclared lifespan then you can still use the ticket during the remaining days of its lifespan with no special treatment.

If I remember correctly the life span of a 2018 or 2019 vintage 7 day ticket is 10 days.

If you want to get back the missed calendar days for use on the back end then go to the ticket booth and "upgrade" the ticket declaring a new start date. I would expect that the upgrade cost would be zero dollars if a brand new ticket purchased for your new desired start and end dates has the same or lower price than the original ticket.

Now if you are daring you might procrastinate on the above upgrade until after the ticket rejected itself at the park gate before you thought it would, proving that the gate software is now smart enough to identify a ticket priced for a cheaper span of days being used for a more expensive span of days.

Because the one day ticket price of every individual calendar day can differ from that of the previous or next day, the price of an X day ticket starting on any given calendar day can be different from the price of the same kind of ticket purchased for the previous day or for the next day as the starting day.

Last edited:

If you fail to use a ticket on the first day of its predeclared lifespan then you can still use the ticket during the remaining days of its lifespan with no special treatment.

If I remember correctly the life span of a 2018 or 2019 vintage 7 day ticket is 10 days.

If you want to get back the missed calendar days for use on the back end then go to the ticket booth and "upgrade" the ticket declaring a new start date. I would expect that the upgrade cost would be zero dollars if a brand new ticket purchased for your new desired start and end dates has the same or lower price than the original ticket.

Now if you are daring you might procrastinate on the above upgrade until after the ticket rejected itself at the park gate before you thought it would, proving that the gate software is now smart enough to identify a ticket priced for a cheaper span of days being used for a more expensive span of days.

Because the one day ticket price of every individual calendar day can differ from that of the previous or next day, the price of an X day ticket starting on any given calendar day can be different from the price of the same kind of ticket purchased for the previous day or for the next day as the starting day.

The tickets I posted about were the UK 14 days for 7 ones bought through WDW site.
We used them the day after the start date for a full 14 days...... Maybe if yours are not the UK ones this will be different as seashoreCM says :sunny:

My email reply:

Dear Alison,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! We are excited about your visit later this year!

You are able to activate your tickets whenever you are ready to and will have 14 days from first use to redeem any remaining days.

As far as I know, predeclared usage dates and date/season based pricing have not been added to UK 7 day, 14 day, and 21 day tickets. You can start using those tickets any day including busy days such as Christmas. They can expire without any usage in that you have to start using them by a certain date such as December 31.

Last edited:
We will have a 21 day ticket only need 19 days in park but wont go into park for 2 days after start day.

Cal as you you want 19 days starting 2 after arrival and have a 21 day ticket it is not going to matter is they start the 21 on arrival or 1st entry to park surely?

However the email quote by Alison is interesting. I’m intend8ng to be going for 16 or 17 nights and thought would need to have couple days towards end not in parks. That would enable another day.

Cal as you you want 19 days starting 2 after arrival and have a 21 day ticket it is not going to matter is they start the 21 on arrival or 1st entry to park surely?
very true. Initially we were thinking of arriving on the Thursday and not going into the park until the Monday. But now thinking of arriving on the Friday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!