Ticket vs. annual pass... seems too good to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I find a schedule of concerts to find out if there might be any on my dates (last week of August) so that I know if the season pass is OK? Thanks.

Where do I find a schedule of concerts to find out if there might be any on my dates (last week of August) so that I know if the season pass is OK? Thanks.

There isn't necessarily a schedule. Concerts are the Mardi Gras concerts and the Mannheim Steamrollers ones in mid Nov. to mid Dec. You should be fine the last week of August.

This whole thing is confusing me quite a bit. I'm sure this was explained adequately earlier in this thread, but I still can't seem to wrap my head around it, so please be patient with me.

Here's my situation. I have the UT two day, two park tickets with a third day free. Will I be able to upgrade these to a Seasonal pass for no additional cost or will there be a difference in cost between the two?

Use the pass to enter the park
This will update your pass to the current selling price

If your UT pass states it is a 3 day pass, that is good

I do not know the current price for the 3 day P2P tickets
But you can pull that info up on the uo site

And I do not know what you paid for the 2 day + free 3rd day pass

Many have posted over the months they did not have to pay additional money to upgrade to the seasonal pass

Ok, It looks like the Three day park to park pass is the exact same price as a seasonal pass. So I guess I'll have to wait until I receive my tickets to see if they say 3 day pass on them.

Thanks!

thanks. I heard this from a few people might do Universal for the first time in 2019 is it good for 5 year old kids who are short or will they not be able to go on much?

2 years ago we upgraded to an annual pass (with Block out days). I believe my original ticket was a 4 day pass. It was under $10 each to upgrade. I ended up going 4 more times. I am planning on doing this again sometime this year.

Many have posted over the months they did not have to pay additional money to upgrade to the seasonal pass

Thank you to all who have shared! This thread has helped me a lot! I'm going to try to upgrade my tickets to APs. I don't know if we will be back, but if it doesn't cost me anything, might as well.

Good reminder. We too had no problems upgrading our UT ticket to a Seasonal Pass for DGD. Cost $0 to upgrade
Funniest thing of all, I had plum forgotten that she had an AP! (Getting old sucks!) I didn't remember until I went in to look at the app and saw it. I'd already bought the ticket. But, her AP expired on 6/3. Our last day in the park was 6/4. So, we could have skipped the parks on our last day, which would have kinked up our plans a bit or just did what we did, and used the ticket I bought that I thought she needed for our trip and renewed her AP again. Next year, we'll do Universal first, so we can get another trip in on her AP

I am just wondering at this point if we should just buy an AP - had not thought about it (thought it would be to expensive) but with the fact it is $300 and 3 day tickets are about that much - am I missing something - why buy a 3 or 4 day ticket when the AP is the same price - ??
Thanks

I am just wondering at this point if we should just buy an AP - had not thought about it (thought it would be to expensive) but with the fact it is $300 and 3 day tickets are about that much - am I missing something - why buy a 3 or 4 day ticket when the AP is the same price - ??
Thanks

As long as the block out dates do not affect you, then absolutely go for the AP.

Thanks

We had block out dates for the first one or two days due to concerts. Also, we purchased through a deal and it cost less than buying the season pass up front.

I am so glad I looked at this thread I never would have thought an AP would be the same price. One more question pls - how do I see what and where the concerts are??

I am so glad I looked at this thread I never would have thought an AP would be the same price. One more question pls - how do I see what and where the concerts are??

For us, it was the Mannheim Steamroller ones in December. I also heard that there are also Mardi Gras concerts and summer concerts. It’s not always explicit on the block out site.

I just looked up the Mardi Gras dates for Feb and it was the entire month of Feb and March. Are there concerts every night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter