Ticket vs. annual pass... seems too good to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Policies change frequently

Last year and up to June this year, down grading from a 3 park ap to the 2 park ap was not allowed

Policy has changed where a 3 park ap uo for renewal can now be downgraded to the 2 park ap

But this new policy is for renewals

Don’t even want to post what policy has been for buying a 3 day pass and first use it for Vbay then trying to get a 2 park ap set up

Contact guest services by email to get current info

What is policy today, may change months from now

Is your trip next month?
Thank you macraven! Yes we are going beginning of August. I will email guest services. I appreciate all the info!

Has anyone bought the ticket off of UT for 2 days park to park with a free day for $270.95 and upgraded to the gold annual pass? I'm trying to figure out what the difference will be for the upgrade? I'm guessing either $25 or $35 per person based on prices but don't want to be surprised. Do I need to use the ticket for one day and upgrade or all 3 days then upgrade to get full value?

Universal Hollywood has a gold ap but Universal Orlando does not have it

Maybe ask in the California forums for USH ap help

Universal Hollywood has a gold ap but Universal Orlando does not have it

Maybe ask in the California forums for USH ap help
Sorry I thought I was on the Florida site when I was looking at AP and did not realize it was Californias. I will have to go back and find the AP comparison for Florida.

Universal Orlando has
Premier
Preferred
Power
Seasonal

AP’s

Hope you find what one you need

Sorry I meant 3 park tickets then convert to a 2 park AP.

We upgraded 3 Park uk tickets to a 2 park annual pass last week. We could only do this because we had not visited volcano bay. Team members were adamant that if you went to volcano bay and then tried to upgrade the only annual pass options you would have were the 3 Park ones.

We upgraded 3 Park uk tickets to a 2 park annual pass last week. We could only do this because we had not visited volcano bay. Team members were adamant that if you went to volcano bay and then tried to upgrade the only annual pass options you would have were the 3 Park ones.
Yup, that is the policy they have on the website.
As long as you don't do Vbay with your tickets, that upgrade to the 2 park ap will go through

Has anyone bought the ticket off of UT for 2 days park to park with a free day for $270.95 and upgraded to the gold annual pass? I'm trying to figure out what the difference will be for the upgrade? I'm guessing either $25 or $35 per person based on prices but don't want to be surprised. Do I need to use the ticket for one day and upgrade or all 3 days then upgrade to get full value?
You need to use the ticket at least one day first. Beyond that, just don't wait till after your last day, of course. We make a habit of doing it as soon as we enter on day one

Not sure on the price. It can really vary. Sometimes I think based on their mood that day, lol

If we upgraded our 3 park 2 day tickets to a 3 park AP would it work the same way? No extra cost? Thanks

Has anyone purchased the current 2 park park-to-park 3 day +2 free day tickets that several places have right now and tried to upgrade them to aps? I'm assuming you'd only get the value of the 3 days since it seems to be a promotion that everyone has and not something an individual site is doing.

What you said makes sense to me

No value for free tickets in that upgrade

Face value for the 3 tickets you did purchase would be applied towards the upgrade

I think I may be confused.

I'm looking at this link (provided earlier in this thread) https://www.universalorlando.com/web-store/en/us/park-tickets/index.html
to compare the cost of the 3 day park-to-park tickets versus the 3 day park-to-park PLUS 2 days free promo tickets.

From what I'm reading they seem to be the same price $339.99. If they're the same price, then it doesn't really matter which one I get if I plan to upgrade them to a 3-park seasonal pass does it?

Though I think I remember reading something about adding $20? The gate cost being higher than the online ticket cost?

EDITED to add I realize the date would be an issue however! We're looking look at next August but I'm playing around with the current prices for August and would use the promo ticket before the expiry date. (if the promo ticket is offered again next year). I was rushing to finish my post as my husband was threatening to turn off the computer for bed and forgot to mention that)

Last edited:
Just back and was able to upgrade our 2 park 2 day + 1 free from UT to Seasonal AP's for no additional cost. We upgraded our first day there. At the end of our stay our kids really wanted to go to Volcano Bay. We went to guest services at IOA to inquire about one day tickets. The employee who helped was so friendly and helpful. One day tickets were $90 per person. To upgrade to a 3 park AP was only $103 (plus tax) per person. It made no sense not to get the 3 park AP. So we're already planning our next trip! Shout out to Drew in guest services. He was fantastic and even went and made a phone call to see how crowd levels had been at VB that week to help us decide if we wanted to go.

Just back and was able to upgrade our 2 park 2 day + 1 free from UT to Seasonal AP's for no additional cost. We upgraded our first day there. At the end of our stay our kids really wanted to go to Volcano Bay. We went to guest services at IOA to inquire about one day tickets. The employee who helped was so friendly and helpful. One day tickets were $90 per person. To upgrade to a 3 park AP was only $103 (plus tax) per person. It made no sense not to get the 3 park AP. So we're already planning our next trip! Shout out to Drew in guest services. He was fantastic and even went and made a phone call to see how crowd levels had been at VB that week to help us decide if we wanted to go.
thanks for the update! im going soon... did you do it in the park? I am getting there in the evening and thought if we could upgrade for little or no cost then it may be worth going in the evening to get more rides in?

Those Tm’s at Universal are special......I know who Mr. Drew is as he has helped me a few times.....he is a gem for sure.

You might want to give guest services a call and tell them how special Drew was in helping you....this goes a long way in letting the management know what a great stand out job he is doing.

thanks for the update! im going soon... did you do it in the park? I am getting there in the evening and thought if we could upgrade for little or no cost then it may be worth going in the evening to get more rides in?
Yes we did it Sunday night at US to the 2 park then Thurs evening at IOA to the 3 park.

Those Tm’s at Universal are special......I know who Mr. Drew is as he has helped me a few times.....he is a gem for sure.

You might want to give guest services a call and tell them how special Drew was in helping you....this goes a long way in letting the management know what a great stand out job he is doing.
My husband called the next day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts