Can I get 2 full day park hopper tickets and 2 mid day magic tickets for our upcoming 4 day trip?

Can I get 2 full day park hopper tickets and 2 mid day magic tickets for our upcoming 4 day trip?

You can do that, but run the numbers and be sure that’s the best option financially.

enjoy your vacation!

If I buy a 4 day base ticket and something happens where I have to cancel my trip and I don't use the ticket, am I right in thinking that I can apply the cost of the ticket to a future trip? I got burned on buying park tickets to Cedar Point early and couldn't go and lost all my money. I don't want that to happen again.

If I buy a 4 day base ticket and something happens where I have to cancel my trip and I don't use the ticket, am I right in thinking that I can apply the cost of the ticket to a future trip? I got burned on buying park tickets to Cedar Point early and couldn't go and lost all my money. I don't want that to happen again.

The cost of your current ticket if unused can be used towards another ticket in the future. You might have to pay more if ticket prices increase or when you go is a higher price time of year.

Oh a whim, I added additional days to my trip in March while my parents are not. I'm arriving a day before them on a Tuesday morning and I would like to get in the parks before they get in on a Wednesday evening. I will be staying off-site, probably in Disney Springs. We are on a package with 4-day tickets which we will be using starting on a Thursday. So I potentially could get in Tuesday afternoon and most of the day on Wednesday.

I can't add a day or two to my package without adding it to my parents, right? Am I better off just purchasing a day or 2-day ticket? If that's the case, would it be easier to purchase in advance or just wait till I get down there? Or can I add days to my 4-day ticket once I'm there?

Thanks!

Oh a whim, I added additional days to my trip in March while my parents are not. I'm arriving a day before them on a Tuesday morning and I would like to get in the parks before they get in on a Wednesday evening. I will be staying off-site, probably in Disney Springs. We are on a package with 4-day tickets which we will be using starting on a Thursday. So I potentially could get in Tuesday afternoon and most of the day on Wednesday.

1. I can't add a day or two to my package without adding it to my parents, right?
2. Am I better off just purchasing a day or 2-day ticket? If that's the case, would it be easier to purchase in advance or just wait till I get down there?
3. Or can I add days to my 4-day ticket once I'm there?
1. Right.
2. Not financially, no.
3. The problem is that your package ticket will not become active until your package check-in date.

Is there a reason that you bought your tickets as part of your resort stay?
If not, I'd just cancel all tickets on the WDW resort stay and just buy the stand-alone tickets that you like
for each member of your party.
Then, you can buy any length and start-date for anyone... and, you can buy from a discounter and
save some money, besides.

Please be patient, I'm trying to make sure I did everything right.
I purchased 2 10 Day Park Hopper tickets valid beginning 12/21 for 668.83 each all taxes in from Undercover Tourist and are on my reservation ( have booked fast passes).
If I had bought them online with me reservation they would be 732.64 each all taxes in for the same 12/21 dates.

We are arriving the 19th and would like to convert these to annual passes during our stay. First question, can we use these passes before the 12/21. Second question do we have to use at least one day before we can convert to annual pass. If I read correctly the final transaction would look something like this whenever I am allowed to do it.

Platinum Annual pass is 1191.74 with taxes. The value of my 10 day Park Hopper is 732.64 even though I paid 668.83 from Undercover Tourist. Does that mean I will just pay 459.10 each to upgrade to an annual pass.

Lastly, I we upgrade to an Annual Pass will we lose our booked Fast Passes? Because if we do, I think I will wait until the very last day.

Thanks you for any experts that have already done this and I hope I asked the question clearly enough.

John

Please be patient, I'm trying to make sure I did everything right.
I purchased 2 10 Day Park Hopper tickets valid beginning 12/21 for 668.83 each all taxes in from Undercover Tourist and are on my reservation ( have booked fast passes).
If I had bought them online with me reservation they would be 732.64 each all taxes in for the same 12/21 dates.

We are arriving the 19th and would like to convert these to annual passes during our stay. First question,
1. can we use these passes before the 12/21. Second question
2. do we have to use at least one day before we can convert to annual pass.

If I read correctly the final transaction would look something like this whenever I am allowed to do it.

Platinum Annual pass is 1191.74 with taxes. The value of my 10 day Park Hopper is 732.64 even though I paid 668.83 from Undercover Tourist.
3. Does that mean I will just pay 459.10 each to upgrade to an annual pass.

4. Lastly, I we upgrade to an Annual Pass will we lose our booked Fast Passes?
1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. Yes. That is how it is computed.
4. Nope.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been covered. I have tickets for our trip in Jan. I bought them through Disney (tickets only). I was just diagnosed with cancer and will need surgery in the next month so. Is there a number to call or email I can contact about the tickets. Assuming all goes well I would like to reschedule but I have no idea when that will happen.

1. Nope.
2. Nope.
3. Yes. That is how it is computed.
4. Nope.

Ok last question I hope. Can we convert our Tickets (dated 12/21 onwards) to an Annual Pass on 12/19 when we go to Disney Springs or should I spend the 10$ or so and make them date flexible first.

Thanks again,
John

Ok last question I hope. Can we convert our Tickets (dated 12/21 onwards) to an Annual Pass on 12/19 when we go to Disney Springs or should I spend the 10$ or so and make them date flexible first.

Thanks again,
John
I don't know, for sure.
But, I think it won't be a problem to upgrade in their present state.
In the unlikely event that you DO need to change the date (or make the date irrelevant,)
you can do so in the same transaction as the upgrade (and the cost would be "nulled out," anyway.)

Sorry if this has been covered. I have tickets for our trip in Jan. I bought them through Disney (tickets only). I was just diagnosed with cancer and will need surgery in the next month so. Is there a number to call or email I can contact about the tickets. Assuming all goes well I would like to reschedule but I have no idea when that will happen.
You don't really NEED to do anything, if your intention is to use your current tickets' value to purchase NEW tickets in the future. (You can just allow your current tickets to "expire," unused.)
But, if you want to try for a refund for extenuating circumstances...
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Sorry to hear about your illness.
Here's hoping for a rapid recovery!

I don't know, for sure.
But, I think it won't be a problem to upgrade in their present state.
In the unlikely event that you DO need to change the date (or make the date irrelevant,)
you can do so in the same transaction as the upgrade (and the cost would be "nulled out," anyway.)

Disney WILL allow you to change the valid dates of your original tickets, we just did it on our trip in August. You would have to pay any difference between the value of the valid dates you HAD and the ones you WANT (since each day is assigned a value, and some days are more $$ than others within the same week). We paid $60 to change the date of 4 single day tickets from a Wednesday to a Saturday since Saturdays were more expensive.

You shouldn't have to pay the fee to make the tickets flexible before upgrading to an annual pass, since as Robo said that cost would be nullified anyway (since you'd be paying additional $$ to change the tickets to an annual pass).

Could someone remind me when the last annual pass price increase went into effect? I remember that I renewed my pass right before an increase last October/November. I'm looking at renewing my pass again and am wanting to wait as I don't have the funds right this second. But I don't want to get caught by an increase :)

Secondly - when renewing an AP, do you have a full month after the date it expires to renew?

Could someone remind me when the last annual pass price increase went into effect? I remember that I renewed my pass right before an increase last October/November.
1. I'm looking at renewing my pass again and am wanting to wait as I don't have the funds right this second. But I don't want to get caught by an increase :)
Secondly -
2. when renewing an AP, do you have a full month after the date it expires to renew?
1. As I can find, June 18, 2019 was the last increase.
2. 30 days.

1. As I can find, June 18, 2019 was the last increase.
2. 30 days.

Ah. So there was another increase after the last increase I remember. And thank you for the 30 day information. I may wait until the end of the 30 days after my current pass expires to renew. Very helpful, as always!

Does the renew take place if you buy after the 30 day window or when your AP renew was originally due?
An AP "renewal" is just that.
It renews the original AP, dates and all, but just expires a year later than the original.
You can order an AP "renewal" from Disney anytime starting up to 60 days before the original AP's expiration date,
all the way up through 30 days past the original AP's expiration date.

However,
If you wait over 30 days past the original AP's expiration date, you cannot get an AP "Renewal."
You would have to buy a new full-price AP (That would expire a year past the first date that the new AP was used at a WDW park.

Last edited:
Going to WDW in January 2020 and now going to go again in October 2020 so I want to upgrade to an Annual Pass.

I heard you're supposed to be able to upgrade your tickets to an annual pass in the MDE app now, I even see an option for it on the app - but when I press "Upgrade", it takes me to the page to buy an Annual pass, but the price shown is full price - anyone know if I'm doing something wrong here? I just loaded the tickets I bought from UndercoverTourist into MDE tonight, so maybe I have to wait 24 hours before I try to upgrade it?

I heard you're supposed to be able to upgrade your tickets to an annual pass in the MDE app now, I even see an option for it on the app - but when I press "Upgrade", it takes me to the page to buy an Annual pass, but the price shown is full price - anyone know if I'm doing something wrong here?
I just loaded the tickets I bought from UndercoverTourist into MDE tonight, so maybe I have to wait 24 hours before I try to upgrade it?
Give it a try tomorrow, or so.
With as GLITCHY as is MDX, I'm never sure what's SUPPOSED to happen or what is actually a technical problem.
Regardless, it will cost the same to upgrade to AP now, or at some point during your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter