If I don’t get the expected bridge price how soon again can I try at a different Guest Relations window? Do they keep record of visits to Guest Relations??

1. If I don’t get the expected bridge price how soon again can I try at a different Guest Relations window?
2. Do they keep record of visits to Guest Relations??
1. As soon as you like.
(However, I would pick an entire different LOCATION from the first one... not just "the window next door.")
2. They absolutely CAN do that.

1. As soon as you like.
(However, I would pick an entire different LOCATION from the first one... not just "the window next door.")
2. They absolutely CAN do that.
Took 3 tries in 3 different locations but eventually got the upgrade! Thanks Robo!!

We are waiting to see if they offer the midday tickets for January but have a question. Do you now have to enter a start day when you purchase or is the start day when you begin using the tickets? Thanks

Is it possible to change the start date of my Mid Day Magic tickets? I need to move them up one day and pay the price difference but the only option online MDE or on my phone is to Reassign them. Thank you!

Hi there,
I don’t know where to post this. We fly in on 12/28 with stand alone tickets starting on 12/29. We plan to upgrade to annual passes. I would like to not activate the passes until the 29th (vs the 28th) when we start going to parks. Can I still go to guest services on the 28th (was thinking at Disney springs) while we have downtime, or will that start my year on the 28th? The extra day is intentional to allow for a longer trip next year on the same pass, so don’t want to inadvertently activate early, but would love to handle the transaction during our travel day if possible. Thanks!

Hi there,
I don’t know where to post this. We fly in on 12/28 with stand alone tickets starting on 12/29. We plan to upgrade to annual passes. I would like to not activate the passes until the 29th (vs the 28th) when we start going to parks. Can I still go to guest services on the 28th (was thinking at Disney springs) while we have downtime, or will that start my year on the 28th? The extra day is intentional to allow for a longer trip next year on the same pass, so don’t want to inadvertently activate early, but would love to handle the transaction during our travel day if possible. Thanks!
Moved you to the Ticket and Upgrade Sticky. Your AP will become active on the first day of use - when you enter your first park on the 29th.

Hi there,
Just a quick note that next year is a leap year also so not sure if that will play into your 2020 dates?

Just a quick note that next year is a leap year also so not sure if that will play into your 2020 dates?

An AP that is activated on Dec. 29, 2019 will be valid until the end of business on Dec. 29, 2020.
Which, yes, offers a potential of 367 days of use.
(For non-leap years, an AP offers a potential of 366 days of use.)

Annual Pass question:

I have some old tickets (several days left on the old no-expiration tickets and some 5-day tickets with no expiration date). That I plan on using for future trips.

The problem is i bought these before my daughter was born .. so no tickets for her.

Now that she is 3, I am looking to get her a ticket for our next trip and trying to figure out the best option.

Is it possible for us to just get her an AP while the rest of us use our old tickets? I have heard if one person in the party has an AP, you can still take advantage of the AP perks, like Memory Maker, AP discounts, etc. Despite the increased costs, we enjoyed all the perks/savings we got from an AP, and feel it could pay for itself (and more) if we go on two trips within 12 months of each other. (Considering 2 sets of 4-day tickets for her would probably cost $800-900)).

Does that work if the AP holder is a preschooler? Since she is part of my MDE account, everything would just be together with the rest of my family, right? Will the shops accept her AP for discounts? (not like she has ID, which I was often asked to show when we had APs earlier this year).

I guess my cheapest option would be to just get her the 4-day 4-park ticket and just restrict the rest of us to that as well.

Last edited:
Annual Pass question:

I have some old tickets (several days left on the old no-expiration tickets and some 5-day tickets with no expiration date). That I plan on using for future trips.

The problem is i bought these before my daughter was born .. so no tickets for her.

Now that she is 3, I am looking to get her a ticket for our next trip and trying to figure out the best option.

1. Is it possible for us to just get her an AP while the rest of us use our old tickets?
2. I have heard if one person in the party has an AP, you can still take advantage of the AP perks, like Memory Maker, AP discounts, etc.
3. Despite the increased costs, we enjoyed all the perks/savings we got from an AP, and feel it could pay for itself (and more) if we go on two trips within 12 months of each other. (Considering 2 sets of 4-day tickets for her would probably cost $800-900)).

4. Does that work if the AP holder is a preschooler?
5. Since she is part of my MDE account, everything would just be together with the rest of my family, right?
6. Will the shops accept her AP for discounts? (not like she has ID, which I was often asked to show when we had APs earlier this year).

7. I guess my cheapest option would be to just get her the 4-day 4-park ticket and just restrict the rest of us to that as well.
1. Yes.
2. Yup.
3. Sounds right.
4. Sure. (There is no difference in cost between kids' and adults' APs, anyway.
5. Yup.
6. I never know exactly WHAT any individual CM will or won't do.
I suppose you could get her a legal state ID. (We have those where I live.)
7. Up to you.
Have fun!

1. Yes.
2. Yup.
3. Sounds right.
4. Sure. (There is no difference in cost between kids' and adults' APs, anyway.
5. Yup.
6. I never know exactly WHAT any individual CM will or won't do.
I suppose you could get her a legal state ID. (We have those where I live.)
7. Up to you.
Have fun!
Thanks .. now I just have to resist the urge to just get 3 other APs ... and kick the can on those no-expiration tickets even further down the line (we got them way back in 2014) ... I feel like hanging onto those 4 remaining days like they are gold.

Agreed. They’ll only get more valuable over time!
Ya .. hard to believe I paid a PREMIUM for those 10-day park hopper tickets to have the no-expiration tickets and now it will get me in the parks for only $75/day .. which is a significant discount on current 1-5 day prices only five years later.

If I hold onto these long enough, I will probably be going too WDW for half price :). (WOW.. sadly, that day is here already .. for certain days (like Christmas week).

I need to start using my sons tickets though .. he has 8 days left.(because he was under 3 for our first two trips with our no-expiration tickets... . but he is already 7 .. so I only technically have 2 more years to use his child ticket up.

Sorry, I haven't read a lot of this thread, but what is the current thinking about the midday tickets? Do we think they will be available in January, or end as expected on 12/15/19?

Does any third-party ticket retailer usually have a good Black Friday sale on tickets? Still need to get a 4-day PH for myself for January.

Also, is it fairly easy to transfer tickets to someone else? I have a 4-day PH ticket from a package from several years ago which I didn't use since I had an AP at the time. Would like to transfer those to my daughter for our upcoming January trip. Do I just call Disney or can I do this online?

I need to start using my sons tickets though .. he has 8 days left.(because he was under 3 for our first two trips with our no-expiration tickets... . but he is already 7 .. so I only technically have 2 more years to use his child ticket up.
Nope.
He can use his original ticket days (at no additional charge) no matter how old he is.
If he has significantly "aged out" of a child's ticket (say he has turned 14 or so, or even older) by the time he is ready to use any of the remaining days, he can go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and have the remaining "days" converted to an adult ticket with the same assets (including non-expiration) as the original ticket.

Disney does not penalize kids for getting older.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter