So I added my new 5-day ticket to MDE. It shows as the first ticket in the list, then my DD's 5-day ticket, then my old 2-day ticket. Does THAT show the 5-day ticket as the priority ticket over the 2-day ticket?

Also, do I need to bring the actual 2-day ticket with me for GS to prioritize?

1. So I added my new 5-day ticket to MDE. It shows as the first ticket in the list, then my DD's 5-day ticket, then my old 2-day ticket. Does THAT show the 5-day ticket as the priority ticket over the 2-day ticket?

2. Also, do I need to bring the actual 2-day ticket with me for GS to prioritize?
1. Don’t assume the priority. Have it set by Guest Relations.
2. Nope.

Last edited:
A. Yes, but again, there do not need to be "day(s) left" (although, it's fine if there ARE "day(s) left.")
Again, tickets can be upgraded at any time during their useful life up to no LATER than close of business
ON the same day that the last ticket asset is used.
So, you could use your "last day" on a ticket to enter a park and, before you go home that evening, go to a ticket booth or guest relations and upgrade that (now, fully-used up) ticket to an AP.
B. Yup. (Although the value of a ticket that has expired, but has never been used can be used to help pay for another NEW ticket or AP.)
C. Many have done so.

Robo, Thank you for all your help. I have a slightly different situation than in this case. I'm planning a trip that ends during a blackout period. I'm planning on buying tickets for all the days of my trip, for Fast Pass Plus purposes. Then, on my last day in the park, which will be a blackout day, upgrade to the Gold Pass at the inside guest relations after entire my final park. Is there any problem with my plan you see?

Robo, Thank you for all your help. I have a slightly different situation than in this case. I'm planning a trip that ends during a blackout period. I'm planning on buying tickets for all the days of my trip, for Fast Pass Plus purposes. Then, on my last day in the park, which will be a blackout day, upgrade to the Gold Pass at the inside guest relations after entire my final park. Is there any problem with my plan you see?
Sounds good to me.
Have a great trip!

I had decided to take a break and not renew my annual pass which expires beg of March. Now I’ve ended up booking a trip first week of May and I’ve purchased one of those 4 day passes good for one day in each park.
I’m also thinking about a trip in September but beyond that I’m unsure considering the crowds for the 50th anniversary will be absolutely crazy. Soooo, my question is whether to go ahead and renew my annual pass in March or just buy tickets for my visit in sept. If I were to renew AP after all, would I be able to apply the 4 day ticket I just bought to the cost of the AP? i would do this instead of using it for April trip.

I had decided to take a break and not renew my annual pass which expires beg of March. Now I’ve ended up booking a trip first week of May and I’ve purchased one of those 4 day passes good for one day in each park.
I’m also thinking about a trip in September but beyond that I’m unsure considering the crowds for the 50th anniversary will be absolutely crazy. Soooo,

1. my question is whether to go ahead and renew my annual pass in March or just buy tickets for my visit in sept.
2. If I were to renew AP after all, would I be able to apply the 4 day ticket I just bought to the cost of the AP?
3.i would do this instead of using it for April trip.
1. Yes...
OR, rather than renewing your current AP, you COULD buy a NEW AP that starts on the date of your May trip.
That way the new AP would be valid into May of 2021.
(If that idea doesn't work for you, just renew the current AP.)

Would an AP be cheaper than buying and using those two different sets of tickets?
Also, consider the other potential AP benefits.
(And, the possibility of another trip within the life of that AP.)
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

Last edited:
1. Yes...
OR, rather than renewing your current AP, you COULD buy a NEW AP that starts on the date of your May trip.
That way the new AP would be valid into May of 2021.
(If that idea doesn't work for you, just renew the current AP.)

Would an AP be cheaper than buying and using those two different sets of tickets?
Also, consider the other potential AP benefits.
(And, the possibility of another trip within the life of that AP.)
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

thank you!!!

I have the 4 day/1 park tickets that were $333 from UT. Those include tax.
Disney's price is $335 but with taxes it become $356.78 The AP price is $1119 before tax. $72.74 tax. So an AP total of $1,191.74

Is this how an AP would be calculated? $1191.74-$356.78=$834.96

Thank you!

I'm trying to figure out what my best plan should be. I currently have a package booked starting June 28th for myself and my 3 daughters. We have 4-day hopper tickets with free dining. I am planning on upgrading my pass only to an annual pass. It is my understanding that I need to use a day first and then upgrade, is that correct? I wouldn't be able to upgrade prior to the trip start without losing the free dining promotion?

We are interested in doing the villains after hours on June 29th. Would it make sense to hold off on purchasing those tickets? I could use my first day and then stop that afternoon to upgrade my ticket. At that time I would purchase the after-hours tickets. Would I get the AP discount on all 4 tickets or just my own?

I currently booked the memory maker as part of my package. Should I drop that if I am upgrading to the annual pass during my trip, would all photos be included or at least those taken after the upgrade?

Lastly, would I be given some sort of card at the time of upgrading to take advantage of any AP discounts while we were there?

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

I'm trying to figure out what my best plan should be. I currently have a package booked starting June 28th for myself and my 3 daughters. We have 4-day hopper tickets with free dining. I am planning on upgrading my pass only to an annual pass.
1. It is my understanding that I need to use a day first and then upgrade, is that correct?
2. I wouldn't be able to upgrade prior to the trip start without losing the free dining promotion?

We are interested in doing the villains after hours on June 29th.
3. Would it make sense to hold off on purchasing those tickets? I could use my first day and then stop that afternoon to upgrade my ticket. At that time I would purchase the after-hours tickets. Would I get the AP discount on all 4 tickets or just my own?

I currently booked the memory maker as part of my package. Should I drop that if I am upgrading to the annual pass during my trip, would all photos be included or at least those taken after the upgrade?

Lastly, would I be given some sort of card at the time of upgrading to take advantage of any AP discounts while we were there?

Thanks for any help/suggestions!
1. Incorrect. Not true.
2. I don’t think it matters what tickets (or APs) you have booked with your resort, as long as it meets or beats the required minimum ticket.
HOWEVER... ALL guests in your party must have the SAME kind of tickets
until you arrive.
3. One AP can buy several tickets

Last edited:
1. Incorrect. Not true.
2. I don’t think it matters what tickets (or APs) you have booked with your resort, as long as it meets or beats the required minimum ticket.
HOWEVER... ALL guests in your party must have the SAME kind of tickets
until you arrive.
3. One AP can buy several tickets

So if I only want the annual pass for myself could I upgrade just that ticket after first use?

So if I only want the annual pass for myself could I upgrade just that ticket after first use?
Yes.
And, you do not need to USE the ticket before you upgrade it.
You just need to be at WDW.

Last edited:
You will get the value of the on-line (from Disney) price for the tickets that you originally bought (at the time that you bought them.)

You must contact Disney for this to take place,
and it MIGHT be that you cannot do the upgrade except in-person at WDW.
We just don't know.

Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Called them, and options must have changed because there's no option 5 (the recording does say options have recently changed).

It took a while getting transferred to the right person (including calling back when I got stuck in a dead end with a recorded British voice saying the office was temporarily closed but reading off hours that I was right in the middle of).

Data point: you CAN make this change over the phone (though I was already trying to think how to spin to DH my need for a quick trip to Florida to fix my tickets). The best part is that it was less than $5 difference for the new dates!

My SIL and family want to go to parks for 11 days. Will she really have to buy a 10 day ticket and a one day ticket?

My SIL and family want to go to parks for 11 days. Will she really have to buy a 10 day ticket and a one day ticket?
Will they be staying at a Disney resort?
Where do they live? (City, state)

Will they be staying at a Disney resort?
Where do they live? (City, state)
They are staying at a value and then transferring to BLT. They don’t live in Florida for a Florida pass. They live near Utica NY.
We are DVC members but assume we can’t get DVC annual pass for them. We are going with them on this trip....at least for part of their trip.

They are staying at a value and then transferring to BLT. They don’t live in Florida for a Florida pass. They live near Utica NY.
We are DVC members but assume we can’t get DVC annual pass for them. We are going with them on this trip....at least for part of their trip.
Buy 10-day tickets as part of the first resort stay.
Then, after check-in at the 2nd resort, ask the concierge if they would please add another day to the tickets ($10 plus tax, each.)
(Ask nicely.)

I renewed my AP on the app. Will I have to “activate” it at the ticket booth like I did with the first one I bought or since it is a renewal will it be a seamless transition?

The Concierge staff at WDW resorts can do many standard ticket upgrade transactions,
but they cannot do any transactions regarding Annual Passes.
Am I correct to assume that adding Park Hopper to a package ticket is a standard ticket upgrade that could be done at a resort concierge?

Alternately, is there a ticket booth or guest relations at the Epcot international gateway where tickets can be upgraded?

Specifically, we’ve got a package that includes single park tickets and are staying at BWI. I may want to add park hopper to some or all of the tickets once we get there because it’s so easy to pop over to Epcot. But I’d rather not have to go to Disney Springs or spend a lot of time at Guest relations in a park to do it.

1. Am I correct to assume that adding Park Hopper to a package ticket is a standard ticket upgrade that could be done at a resort concierge?

2. Alternately, is there a ticket booth or guest relations at the Epcot international gateway where tickets can be upgraded?

3. Specifically, we’ve got a package that includes single park tickets and are staying at BWI. I may want to add park hopper to some or all of the tickets once we get there because it’s so easy to pop over to Epcot.
4. But I’d rather not have to go to Disney Springs or spend a lot of time at Guest relations in a park to do it.
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Sounds good.
4.As far as I know, YOU can add park hopping to selected tickets right from your own MyDisneyExperience app or website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!