tickets purchased from HKDL requiring ID/passport to enter?

ryankski

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been required to show ID when entering the park with tickets purchased via the HKDL website? The confirmation email I received has the following:

"Tourists visiting Hong Kong are eligible for this offer.You are required to present (i) This confirmation, and (ii) Personal photo identification upon Park admission."

"* Examples of personal identification include but are not limited to: HKID Card, passport or other photo identification (for Children aged 3 to 11......"

We have the digital tickets on our phone and the printed tickets as back up. However, I'd prefer to leave our passports in the hotel safe and not carry them around the park all day. Has anyone actually ever been required to show ID/passport upon entering the park with pre-purchased tickets?

Yes, when we went last November, we were required to show our passports. I wasn't thrilled with having to carry them around the park all day either.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like we'll carry the passports as much as I don't like the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter