Tiffany Towncar - Cannot recommend

Hsminnie

Mouseketeer
I can't believe I am writing this after months of reading good recommendations for Tiffany. I know so may of you have had a quality experience, but that was not the case for us.

Mind you, they got us from point A to point B and back again. They didn't TOTALLY suck. However, that's about it. I reserved the van service from MCO to Polynesian then from Wilderness Lodge to MCO for return trip. (we switched for our last night.) We switched to a limo the week before we left. I used email to make and confirm the reservation and then called them the day before we left to double check the confirmation. All was set.

We arrived at MCO a few minutes late from CMH (20 or 30 I think) and used the elevator to go to baggage. We didn't see anyone waiting so I went over to the escalator and found our driver there. She was very nice, but she was MAYBE 5' tall and couldn't have weighed 90 lbs soaking wet. She was a good driver, but it seemed odd to me that she had a job that required loading large bags all day. (Don't get mad at me if you're petite. I just thought it was odd and of course there was no way my dh was going to allow her to load our luggage.) She brought the limo to us and there was no car seat. She had no idea there was even supposed to be a car seat. Obviously I was ticked, but since my daughter is a big 2yo (40" and 37lbs) I put her in the shoulder belt and felt it would be secure. Mind you, I'm a freak about car seats so rest assured, it was and ok fit. BUT, I reserved and triple checked a car seat. What if I had brought a 1yo? 6 months? Imagine the horror. She would have had to go back to the station, pick up a seat and return which would have taken who knows how long. NOT a good start.

We get to the hotel, unload, all good. I call the office to register my disappointment and be SURE there is a car seat for the return trip. AND to reiterate that we will be leaving from WL. I get the biggest JERK I have spoken to in a long time. If you want the gory details email or PM me, but suffice it to say he was rude and lied. I hung up after our conversation and was prepared to be angry all day. (not on purpose, but this is big.) I then remembered that I was on vacation. HE was in an office. I could not DO anything to make him better while in FL. I could, however, come home and type this review. I was happy again.

DH called them back the night before our departure to verify the car seat and WL pick up time. (6:15 am) He did NOT get icky-man but rather a nice woman who assured him all was well. 5:30am the next morning our chauffer calls. "I will be there in 3 or 4 minutes. You are at Polynesian, correct?" Please. :rolleyes: I told him where to find us and he was there with our bags loaded on time. They had a car seat that was tightly installed, well used and dirty at the straps. Ah well. He drove us to MCO, unoaded the bags and took off.

So, I am here to say that while I realize Tiffany is as likely to have a bad day as any other business, they really dropped the ball on this one. I am not a rude person on the phone nor was I with this man. There is no reason why my request for a car seat should have been ignored, nor was there any reason for the mistake not to have been acknowledged, apologized for and made right. (By that I mean assurance of a car seat on the return, not a free trip or any other $ compensation.) Given the RAVE reviews that "Your Ride" and "Happy Limo" have been getting here I suggest you check there first.

Now, let me just add that all $220 was well worth it for no other reason than the look on Stacy's face when the limo arrived at MCO. It would be, she told us before we left, the highlight of her trip. But she understood that there was no sense paying the extra $ for a ride. We could just take the van they were bringing. :) Very cool surprise. Just use someone else so Mom and Dad can enjoy it too.

At least they came back and got you. Last Novemeber we were staying at SOG. We could not have been more pleased with Tiffanys service from the airport to the hotel. But when it came time to go home, I called the night before to make sure everything was set. The next morning we had a 11:00am pick up, 11:15 no one, called they were running late will be right there, 11:30 again I call, now I'm really upset, sorry will be there in two minutes. 11:45am called again this time they were very rude, and I was told to just wait. We had a 1:00 flight, the nice people at SOG put us in there car and drove us to the airport.

When we got home I called, they advised me it was a tough day with alot of people calling out. I asked for a refund but they declined saying they reached the hotel at noon.

We had an incident with Tiffany last year, I TRIED to book them for a pick up but couldn't get a response. I booked Rabbit after reading great reviews, he was at the airport as promised and as we came down the escalator there is someone from Tiffany with my name on a sign. I couldn't believe it.

Originally posted by 0506
At least they came back and got you. Last Novemeber we were staying at SOG. We could not have been more pleased with Tiffanys service from the airport to the hotel. But when it came time to go home, I called the night before to make sure everything was set. The next morning we had a 11:00am pick up, 11:15 no one, called they were running late will be right there, 11:30 again I call, now I'm really upset, sorry will be there in two minutes. 11:45am called again this time they were very rude, and I was told to just wait. We had a 1:00 flight, the nice people at SOG put us in there car and drove us to the airport.

When we got home I called, they advised me it was a tough day with alot of people calling out. I asked for a refund but they declined saying they reached the hotel at noon.

Good reason to always pay by credit card. If you did, you should have challenenged half the charge. One hour from SoG to MCO is not sufficient. It takes every minute of half an hour from SoG to MCO without accidents or traffic, and the carriers start to board thrity minutes prior to take off. As far as I'm concerned, you ahd a contract...offer (they agreed to drive you both ways for a set fee) acceptance (you agreed to accept the cost) and consideration, you paid them. I would write them a letter telling them that they broke a contract and youw ant a half refund, and cc it to the local CoC and BBB.

Anne

I have had 2 good trips with Tiffany (thank goodness). But, since Rabbit is a DIS sponser, I booked YourRide for Jan 1 pickup- Jan 5 take back to airport. I hope things go as well as I have heard with YourRide.

I rode to MCO with Tiffany at the end of Dis con. My Dis con roomie had booked them and we shared the ride back to the airport. I dont know our drivers name but he was on time and very friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter