Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the OP may be implying that Tim and his wife are receiving some gifts and upgrades and thus aren't as Homegrown as they use to be. They are in no way less humble but in contrast to the Dis, who seem to just pay for things and review them. Take their vlog for their recent time at Busch Gardens. They received gifts at the end.
There was an implication that because they're successful, they should be publicly donating to hurricane victims.
In the world of YouTube they are mildly successful, their estimated income should be about $214,000 since 2009...which only ends up being 26-27k a year pre tax (plus the unknown income from merch)

The DIS accepts patreon now which is fine, but by contrast the trackers do not

And when that's broken down by the amount of actual time spent filming, editing and growing a channel, they make a ridiculously low commensurate rate.

Most popular YouTubers work incredibly hard. If they want to reap the benefits of that hard work, who cares?

Also, please don't think the DIS isn't writing off everything they do as business expenses. As they should be doing to the extent allowed by the law.
Yes, agree I would think so too but they seem to just do what they want. I think Tim and Jenn are great. I find it funny that people on their Facebook fan page have been donating to get them a dinner at V and F and full outfits for the night. I think thats where there is a diffrence. I feel like if The Dis wanted to enjoy V&A, they would just go, not "hint" at it so that their fanbase or Disney itself would gift it.

Disney does this for anybody that is recognizable. Like when Santa was walking around during the Osborne lights, they either made him leave or like this forbid him from taking pictures with guests. Same here with TimTracker, we see Tim with his signature handle bar mustache in the parks and want to take a pic. I think they also do not allow adult women dress up like princesses. Disney does not want anyone to take the focus off their product, their cast members I think.

THIS ^

Disney has a subtle policy that if you are highly recognizable as a character, "celebrity" etc that would cause guests to ask for photos, autographs and create a distraction in the park .... they will ask you to stop, change clothes, leave the park etc. It is private property and their right to do so.

No reason for anyone who is asked to "stop" to be upset ... it only means Disney thinks you are famous and distracting. You just tell the guest, "Great to meet you, thanks for saying hi, but unfortunately by Disney rules I can't take a photo with you in the park." :thumbsup2

THIS ^

Disney has a subtle policy that if you are highly recognizable as a character, "celebrity" etc that would cause guests to ask for photos, autographs and create a distraction in the park .... they will ask you to stop, change clothes, leave the park etc. It is private property and their right to do so.

No reason for anyone who is asked to "stop" to be upset ... it only means Disney thinks you are famous and distracting. You just tell the guest, "Great to meet you, thanks for saying hi, but unfortunately by Disney rules I can't take a photo with you in the park." :thumbsup2
Problems I will never have, hahaha!

We love the Trackers. I understand Disney's stance too. It would never dawn on me to ask for a pic with any famous person (and we have bumped into celebs before). A hello and we love what you do will suffice. I have to wonder what then is to become of vloggers who do meets in the park? Aslo, does this no-pic policy extend to resorts and Disney Springs?

I do understand Disney's reasoning although it still stinks to hear about this happening to some people that basically give Disney free advertising for their parks. I know I've seen stuff about merchandise, events and restaurants from these vlogs that made me give Disney some of my money.

What I'm curious about though, if this actually is some policy of theirs, are they actually strict with it no matter who the person is? I mean what would happen if someone like Lebron James showed up at Magic Kingdom one day. You can imagine how many people would be following him around asking for pictures and/or autographs. Would Disney ask Lebron to stop?

Since you posted this publicly, I'll chime in.

I have watched this vlogger team for well over a year. Over the course of that time, I've seen he and his wife add new vinyl fences, new EV/HEV vehicles being purchased and many other luxuries being discretely touted. In so much that even my beloved Fox 35 news has pulled them onto the set for a prime time interview (even though I asked for parity and for DU to share an equal spot).

With that being said, I very truly admire the ingenuity and artistic ability that once was prevalent with them, but has now been so saturated to the point of drowning. This has become so abundantly clear to me when I personally witnessed the many thousands of local families looking for some sort of assistance to help pay for their food damages during the hurricane that hit here (specifically Irma). Perhaps the local vloggers do donate beyond what is publicly declared?

This is not a case of sour grapes, but a perspective builder for me. I could no longer support an individual/entity/anomaly that capitalizes (or provides a "service") on a luxury expense for most (I raise my hand as well).

I guess that is why I see DU as a viable company; they have much more overhead and should/are looking at quarterly/monthly P/E reports. But, they are an incorporated entity armed with a solid business plan/model and, apparently, the credentials to justify my support.

Fire away.....

This is absolutely a case of sour grapes. It's the downside of the wide open content possibilities with the internet--people think someone's work on YouTube or any kind of social media is somehow not theirs to earn money from. And I have no idea what your reasoning is for demanding they donate lots and lots of money to Irma causes other than just bashing them.

I'm totally perplexed by this, and since I actually ran into Craig and Kylie at Epcot just last week (yes, it was awesome!!) and got a selfie with them I'm puzzled about why this is a problem for Disney.

I don't get why Disney would care that they take pictures with people. They are not dressed up as Disney characters so I don't understand how guests taking selfies with other guests does not "maintain the integrity of the show." What show? Tim and Jen are not CMs so they are not "on stage" and are not a part of "the show". My DH and I take selfies together and with other friends and family ALL THE TIME at WDW. It is the same process whether it's my DH and I taking a selfie with another family, or Tim and Jen taking a selfie with another family. I love Disney (heck, we are building a house close to WDW so we can be there all the time) but I completely disagree with this. In the end, WDW is dictating which guests are allowed to take selfies and which aren't. There are a gazillion well known vloggers and Instagrammers in the park all the time. Is WDW going to tell ALL of them they can't take selfies? Who is going to determine whether those people are taking selfies with people they know vs. people who are fans??

I'm willing to bet that absolutely no guests were suddenly ripped away from "the integrity of the show" because I told Craig and Kylie I am a huge fan and asked them if I could get a picture with them. I honestly don't think anyone was paying any attention.

As an aside Craig and Kylie are truly lovely people. They are so incredibly kind. I was a bit apprehensive to approach them but they were very gracious and encouraging and were more than happy to take a selfie with me.

Content creators should absolutely be able to receive financial benefits from their work. End of story.

It is sad when bloggers, vloggers, and fan sites get bashed for having the audacity to get paid for what they do.

I've blogged for years and it's WORK. Others only see the finished product and think, "Gee, must be nice."

I have watched this vlogger team for well over a year. Over the course of that time, I've seen he and his wife add new vinyl fences, new EV/HEV vehicles being purchased and many other luxuries being discretely touted. In so much that even my beloved Fox 35 news has pulled them onto the set for a prime time interview (even though I asked for parity and for DU to share an equal spot).

I'm confused. Is your expectation that vloggers should be poor? I follow MANY vloggers who were very well off BEFORE they started vlogging. I hardly find adding a vinyl fence to one's property or purchasing a new vehicle (especially the one they bought) to be indicative of an overly luxurious lifestyle. What does any of that have to do with them as vloggers??

Sorry to the OP to steer this thread off-course. If someone starts a new thread, I'll gladly expand my rationale.

Since you posted this publicly, I'll chime in.

With that being said, I very truly admire the ingenuity and artistic ability that once was prevalent with them, but has now been so saturated to the point of drowning. This has become so abundantly clear to me when I personally witnessed the many thousands of local families looking for some sort of assistance to help pay for their food damages during the hurricane that hit here (specifically Irma). Perhaps the local vloggers do donate beyond what is publicly declared?

This is not a case of sour grapes, but a perspective builder for me. I could no longer support an individual/entity/anomaly that capitalizes (or provides a "service") on a luxury expense for most (I raise my hand as well).

I guess that is why I see DU as a viable company; they have much more overhead and should/are looking at quarterly/monthly P/E reports. But, they are an incorporated entity armed with a solid business plan/model and, apparently, the credentials to justify my support.

Fire away.....

So in other words... you don't support independent content creators. You only support corporations? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter