Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I do that as I'm not curious about my own position?
People don't only create threads because they are curious about their own positions but it is still common enough to create a thread and say something to the effect of "do you agree with me or not?"

You chose to hijack the thread in the first place. You could have created your own thread, stated your opinion, and then let the comments come in. For whatever reason you felt the need to comment on the original poster's thread your stance on the couple in general (which wasn't related to the content) and you were the second poster...after the OP that is.

Then you come back and say " If someone starts a new thread, I'll gladly expand my rationale." Why does someone else need to create a thread when you're perfectly capable of doing so in order to expand your own rationale? If you feel strongly enough about your stance there's no need to wait for someone else to create a thread-you can just create your own. Pretty darn easy IMO to say "as I said on the other thread......but let me expand on that"-no need to wait for someone else.

People don't only create threads because they are curious about their own positions but it is still common enough to create a thread and say something to the effect of "do you agree with me or not?"

You chose to hijack the thread in the first place. You could have created your own thread, stated your opinion, and then let the comments come in. For whatever reason you felt the need to comment on the original poster's thread your stance on the couple in general (which wasn't related to the content) and you were the second poster...after the OP that is.

Then you come back and say " If someone starts a new thread, I'll gladly expand my rationale." Why does someone else need to create a thread when you're perfectly capable of doing so in order to expand your own rationale? If you feel strongly enough about your stance there's no need to wait for someone else to create a thread-you can just create your own. Pretty darn easy IMO to say "as I said on the other thread......but let me expand on that"-no need to wait for someone else.

I thought I already recognized and apologized for hijacking the thread? Did that not show up previous to your posts?

I see no need for me to start my thread as, once again, stating that I will oblige those that are curious or want further explanation/qualification. I don't feel strongly enough about it, but am willing to expand on my statement(s) as a courtesy to those that want to engage in a separate dialog.

I thought I already recognized and apologized for hijacking the thread? Did that not show up previous to your posts?

I see no need for me to start my thread as, once again, stating that I will oblige those that are curious or want further explanation/qualification. I don't feel strongly enough about it, but am willing to expand on my statement(s) as a courtesy to those that want to engage in a separate dialog.
To the bolded....okie dokie.

Hey at the end of the day you do you. But suggesting someone else rather than you create another thread for the purpose of expanding on your opinion on the couple comes off......

I'm not familiar with Tim Tracker so I can't comment specifically on his situation but I can comment on this issue based on other experience. We have a friend who is covered from head to toe with Disney tattoos. For years, he would visit the parks and guests would sometimes want to take a picture with him. At first, it was no problem, but as his tattoo collection expanded and he became more well known (magazine articles, TV interviews, etc.), he started attracting more of a crowd in the parks. That's when Disney stepped in and told him he had to stop doing it. He battled with them for a bit and ultimately, Disney reversed course and embraced him being there. They assigned him a handler/security person when he was in the parks so that at least any crowd he attracted was managed appropriately.

I don't get why Disney would care that they take pictures with people.
See my previous post. Disney doesn't care if it's a one-off kind of thing. Heck, if I ran into someone I knew in the park (not a celebrity) and stopped to take a picture with them, that would be perfectly fine. But put a celebrity - even a minor internet celebrity - into the park and have them start attracting a line of people who want a picture, that becomes a problem for Disney. There are crowd control issues, safety issues, liability issues, etc.

I'm willing to bet that absolutely no guests were suddenly ripped away from "the integrity of the show" because I told Craig and Kylie I am a huge fan and asked them if I could get a picture with them. I honestly don't think anyone was paying any attention.
I have been with members of the DIS on several occasions where other guests were whispering to each other trying to figure out who the people were that everyone was taking photos of. They realized they must be someone famous but didn't have a clue who they were. It's actually pretty amusing when that happens.

And yes, Craig and Kylie are awesome - well, at least Kylie is :p. She is the absolute sweetest person you will ever meet. As for Craig, well... just kidding.

Since you posted this publicly, I'll chime in.

I have watched this vlogger team for well over a year. Over the course of that time, I've seen he and his wife add new vinyl fences, new EV/HEV vehicles being purchased and many other luxuries being discretely touted. In so much that even my beloved Fox 35 news has pulled them onto the set for a prime time interview (even though I asked for parity and for DU to share an equal spot).

With that being said, I very truly admire the ingenuity and artistic ability that once was prevalent with them, but has now been so saturated to the point of drowning. This has become so abundantly clear to me when I personally witnessed the many thousands of local families looking for some sort of assistance to help pay for their food damages during the hurricane that hit here (specifically Irma). Perhaps the local vloggers do donate beyond what is publicly declared?

This is not a case of sour grapes, but a perspective builder for me. I could no longer support an individual/entity/anomaly that capitalizes (or provides a "service") on a luxury expense for most (I raise my hand as well).

I guess that is why I see DU as a viable company; they have much more overhead and should/are looking at quarterly/monthly P/E reports. But, they are an incorporated entity armed with a solid business plan/model and, apparently, the credentials to justify my support.

Fire away.....

Luxuries...??? Please...you don’t even believe the stuff your typing. This is a hit job to a lovely couple that shares their life on YouTube.

They owe no one nothing.

This is nothing new. A few years ago, Joe and Ashley from See Ya Reel Soon were told no more meet and greets. They would plan a time and place to have a meet and greet while they were in WDW but after a few, Disney put an end to it.

I know too Tm and Jenn have all along, since I started watching, clearly stated in their YouseDay mail vlogs I've seen that you DON'T have to send them anything, or buy them anything. They have also said they do not do meet and greets (answering questions/requests for this), because "Disney does not like them".

In the world of YouTube they are mildly successful, their estimated income should be about $214,000 since 2009...which only ends up being 26-27k a year pre tax (plus the unknown income from merch)

The DIS accepts patreon now which is fine, but by contrast the trackers do not

Geez, I figured they made $214,000 a year at least. All the work they do for $30k? No thanks!

From following Tim's twitter... It sounds like he had multiple families approach him near the Jungle (Jingle) Cruise while shooting his Christmas Updates Vlog. That caused a group of people around Tim and that sent Disney security into 'Meet Up' dispersement mode.

As mentioned above - 'See Ya Reel Soon' was scolded a few years ago when they had a low key meet up in the parks, so it has long been policy to not hold events in the park without Disney Authorization. This is mainly because Disney can charge a hot $$$ to groups who rent areas of the parks out for events.

I think you are fine to take a photo with Tim, but don't approach if a large crowd is forming.

My question in all of this is HOW does Lou Mongello do monthly meet ups in the parks? It looks like he does them in quick service places where it could be considered friends getting a meal together? Not sure there. I've asked but not got any reply.

As for Tracker's income... Tim and Jenn are both full time youtubers now. Tim had been low key about his former job because he worked with children and didn't want any crazies to interfere with that workplace. Over the summer their YouTube earnings spiked and they were on track to make almost $300,000 from the channel. However... YouTube is constantly revamping their monetization policies, so their actual income is far less than that off their main channel. Tim and Jenn do have some other YouTube channels that bring income as well (MyThemeParkPOV) but they are doing well for a 'normal' family and that is why we have seen the home renovations and new car purchase. However - Their home (which is not in Orlando) is fairly modest compared to most of the country.

I think Tim and Jenn deserve every dollar they get form YouTube. They have been posting daily for over 6 years now... They have created a brand and they should be rewarded for it by all the T-Shirt Sales and ad revenue from YouTube.

They are invited to some events as 'media' - but for the most part... They pay out of pocket for most expenses (see recent Disneyland trip), and being self employed - 25% of the revenue goes directly to the government. So the '$300k' is nice, but they are by no means rich.

The sad thing about all of this is how mean the internet is towards 'internet celebrities' - They are trolled very often on Twitter and people set up accounts that reveal their real names and actual address. They downplay this often, but I know that it has got to send up red flags for security and safety with these stalkers.

Big lesson here... Respect. People on YouTube and TV are real people... they have feelings and the trolls do hurt.

My question in all of this is HOW does Lou Mongello do monthly meet ups in the parks? It looks like he does them in quick service places where it could be considered friends getting a meal together? Not sure there. I've asked but not got any reply.

Lou will never say a bad word about Disney EVER, so I'm sure there's some perks that come with that – including certain people looking the other way during those meet-ups.

Last edited:
Being an audio engineer, I work with "celebrities" (some I know, some I don't) all the time, so I know how fickle (for lack of a better word) crowds can be and seen how artists deal with that. Believe me, it can most certainly be a safety issue. I cringe watching Josh Bell's walk-through Disneyland videos when girls react and start following him. The line is definitely crossed when instead of an autograph or selfie, they want hair or clothing. Without security present, things can get out-of-hand very quickly.

I feel like the Trackers do not fit into this category. While they are well-known among the vlog and parks community, their target demographic should definitely behave themselves if they ever saw them doing their job. That being said, you never know what could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!