Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so silly. People are taking pictures and selfies all over the park.
If this were truly being enforced, Ryno better get a handler because he would cause a mob scene. He is the nicest guy and people always want a picture with him.

I will keep this sweet and simple, as I'm not sure how far to discuss "another vlog" here without violating TOS, and it makes me uncomfortable to talk about that here anyway. However - Tim does work, and while Jenn no longer does, since they pump out extremely enjoyable content - 365 days a year - and I have no IDEA how much time, expense, talent, and effort is involved, but I'm quite sure it's pretty daunting - I believe they are entitled to whatever they have in life. Besides - everyone has the same perogative to watch, or not, as is SO often pointed out here.

Work hard, enjoy hard, IMHO. 'Nuff said.

Wonderfully put.

Many people are jealous of others who are making money, even if that means YouTube vloggers.
Some people envious of others who receive free gifts at and donations.

Tim Tracker is actually a lot more tolerable since he got rid of his "LOOK AT ME" dumb mustache. There's another guy, he always wears a black and white baseball hat and has an irritatingly phony cartoon voice, he's just the worst. Adam The Woo is getting a little long on the tooth for his punk gimmick, but he's ok.

I see this post is a couple years old, but I was not aware that Disney will ask certain people to not take photos with guests....What is the point of them asking that people do this? I'm not really sure I understand? Do they ask celebs to not take photos with guests when they choose to visit the parks as well? Are they asked to refrain from doing so because it can cause a herd? I'm lost

I see this post is a couple years old, but I was not aware that Disney will ask certain people to not take photos with guests....What is the point of them asking that people do this? I'm not really sure I understand? Do they ask celebs to not take photos with guests when they choose to visit the parks as well? Are they asked to refrain from doing so because it can cause a herd? I'm lost
Okay, so I read through the first 3 pages and got a gist of why Disney would ask this. I understand to a degree, but also, unless the actual GUESTS are informed that there will be no photo ops with the "famous" (I hate that word) guest, people will still crowd around the person, regardless of photos being involved or not. So how does asking the "famous" person to refrain from taking photos with eager guests bring crowding and herding to a stop? I don't think it does. Does anyone know who Grav3yardgirl is on youtube? She has millions of subs, which makes her pretty "famous" in terms of Youtube, and she has had meet and greets in WDW before...I wonder if she got clearance from the Magic Kingdom beforehand? To me, it always sounded like it was thrown together by her and her subs. Now it makes me interested to go back into her old videos about being in WDW and see how it went. I don't watch her much anymore so I can't recall how long ago she was there last, but I recall her saying something about "Meet me in front of the haunted mansion" (her fav ride). I understand that when a concentration of people forms in one single spot, it can cause issues, but I still don't understand how asking the "famous" person to not take photos with guests does anything to aid in the issue. Very interesting, to say the least.

Ive seen people in other groups get selfies with Tim and Jenn so I think it might have been a thing for that one time

Tim Tracker is actually a lot more tolerable since he got rid of his "LOOK AT ME" dumb mustache.

The ironic thing is your avatar has the same "LOOK AT ME", "dumb" mustache. ;)

There's another guy, he always wears a black and white baseball hat and has an irritatingly phony cartoon voice, he's just the worst.

If you're talking about Justin Scarred... I'm 100% with you on the voice/theatrics. Not my cup of tea.

Ive seen people in other groups get selfies with Tim and Jenn so I think it might have been a thing for that one time
Since that OP said something, he had clarification given to him and he has mentioned it in a couple of videos, basically if it is disrupting park operations or impacting other guests enjoyment of the parks, it isn't allowed, mostly this is they don't want a large group of people surrounding them, but one or two occasionally is usually fine. This basic rule is true for everyone, regardless of if they are recognizable or not, it is just that those who are recognizable get held to a higher standard.

Additionally, some of this may also tie into the fact that Disney is now inviting them to more and more events and giving them things to review and Disney expects them to give honest reviews about both what they liked and didn't like.

Wonder if they have said anything to Micheal Kay?

I could see security asking Michael Kay to not take selfies with guests, but by the end of the conversation security would be asking for a selfie with him. He’s that nice. Lol

But from a numbers standpoint
Tim Tracker has over 580000 subs
Vs
Michael Kay’s 28000
So Tim is definitely
more noticeable.
But I certainly keep an eye out for either one of them.

TL;DR: Disney is saying this for very good security purposes.

Alrighty so I logged in from lurking just to reply to this because I like Tim and Jenn. Tim in particular is just a guy who found a way to turn his personal interest and hobby into a money maker. Always nice to see someone actually able to make that ridiculous turn what you love into your job advice into at least somewhat of a reality.

Disney rules regarding costumed random adults and famous people not taking selfies and photos with random other guests is simple good security regulation. With most photos being downloads which are free or incredibly low cost they don't have a reason to care about the photos from a monetary standpoint. They are trying to prevent stuff like some random in a costume leading a child who isn't being properly watched after away, or a group collecting blocking traffic potentially endangering guests. Easier to stop a problem before it starts than try to clean up the aftermath.

Jenn Tracker is starting to annoy me. She comes off very preachy.
Huh? We watch most of their videos and she doesn't come across that way at all to me. A lot of times I can see where a comment comes from, but honestly on this one, I can't even see where that comment would come from. In fact, I was watching his latest on on the Pirate Mini Golf and was thinking that she hasn't been in enough of the videos as of late. I know she does a lot of the editing, but still I like when they are together in videos.

That being said, this topic is more about them being asked not to take pictures with guests in the park, although I think that has loosened from what they were told back when the OP had started this thread in November of 2017. I think that it has taken time for Disney to adjust their policies and thinking on how to handle this without disrupting park operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!